Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Wow, I'd LOVE to watch that guy. Unfortunately the Bargnani I've seen doesn't quite have the ball handling skills you suggest and does those other things all too infrequently for my taste.

The big difference between Bargnani and DeRozan in the excitement department is that DeRozan is generally an aggressive player, whereas Bargnani is passive. Can you guess which is generally more exciting?
    It seems to me that in 10-11 DeRozan will finish on a lot more fast breaks than Bargnani will.

Fast break basketball is about the most exciting type of offense that the game of basketball has to offer.

nuff said.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      It seems to me that in 10-11 DeRozan will finish on a lot more fast breaks than Bargnani will.

Fast break basketball is about the most exciting type of offense that the game of basketball has to offer.

nuff said.
      No, the more points a player scores the more exciting they are to watch and Bargs will have significantly more of those than DD...

Comment

• Bargnani has never won anything, and is about as exciting as an eggplant.

Toronto sports fans are the biggest haters

When was the last time they had a hero?

By STEVE BUFFERY, QMI Agency

Last Updated: September 15, 2010 8:36pm

Philadelphia, as the saying goes, may be the place where sports fans go to the airport to boo safe landings -- but Toronto isn't far behind.

In fact, an argument could be made that Toronto sports fans are the biggest haters in North America. At the very least, they're the angriest.

Think about it. There are no real sports heroes in this town anymore, other than old guys who retired a long time ago.

Most of the passion exhibited by Toronto sports fans the past few years has come in the form of boos and catcalls, directed at the likes of Vince Carter, Bryan McCabe and Vernon Wells (although not so much this season for Wells). And just wait until Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh arrive in town this year.

The easiest thing in the world is to put together a list of the most reviled (active) athletes in Toronto.

On the other hand, it's virtually impossible to put together a list of beloved Toronto sports figures.

Sure, there's still a lot of affection for old farts like Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clark, but not for anyone that actually still plays -- which is pretty amazing for a major sports market.

Boston has Tom Brady. There's Derek Jeter in New York. Los Angeles has Kobe Bryant. There's Drew Brees in New Orleans, Dwyane Wade in Miami. Cleveland had Le-Bron James, until he took his talents, and his ego, to South Beach.

Toronto?

Well, let's see. There's ... no one.

The highest-paid players in Toronto -- Vernon Wells, Andrea Bargnani, Dion Phaneuf -- are far from being exceedingly popular, never mind beloved.

It could be argued that Roy Halladay and Chris Bosh were both revered, but both are gone and only one of them is still held in high esteem, and his name ain't Chris.

Wells is just too low key, and gets paid too much, to be a popular figure.

Bargnani isn't the star he was supposed to be, has never won anything, and is about as exciting as an eggplant.

As for the Raptors, well, it's sad really.

Raptors fans have been some of the best fans in the NBA, when they have a half decent team, and good players, to cheer for.

But increasingly, Raptors fans are becoming known for being haters, fans who boo players.

Especially those who once played in Toronto.

As it is right now, when Toronto sports fans blog, or give their two cents worth on the radio or email sportswriters, there's a lot anger.

Everyone seems pissed off.

There's a lot of hate.

Mind you, with good cause
        A lot more here
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Well, it's either that or ignore the whole team all together, nothing else.

Comment

• If Only Devlin Could Get This Excited About Bargnani and the Raptors

Bargnani tweeted this

http://twitter.com/andreabargnani

Comment

• lol! I don't know what language he was speaking but that wasn't a language he was speaking at all. It was more like he would say a word and then squabble the rest of the sentence.

Comment

• Phil Kessel? I mean he probably won't be worth the second overall pick that was relinquished to accquire him. He's only 22 but already has 2 30 goal season under his belt. He ain't Crosby or Ovechkin but the Leafs are king in Toronto and Phil is a close to a superstar as this city has right now.

Comment

• I think it's understandable that we boo former players. Most left a bitter taste in our mouth and left is a douchebag way. Although it got me wondering why Jays fans boo Scutaro when the Red Sox come to town.

Comment

• I lost all respect for "STEVE BUFFERY".

Comment

• I like eggplant. I don't love it, but it can work if you know how to prepare it. Bargnani, the same.

Comment

• As for the Raptors, well, it's sad really.

Raptors fans have been some of the best fans in the NBA, when they have a half decent team, and good players, to cheer for.

But increasingly, Raptors fans are becoming known for being haters, fans who boo players.

Especially those who once played in Toronto.

As it is right now, when Toronto sports fans blog, or give their two cents worth on the radio or email sportswriters, there's a lot anger.

Everyone seems pissed off.
                        There's a lot of hate.
                        Mind you, with good cause
                        Incredible Standing Ovation for Mats Sundin Return to Toronto at ACC - Feb 21, 2009

Maple leafs captain for 13 years, returns after signing with the canucks . Example of a Classy guy leaving Toronto and getting Exactly what he deserves from the fans.

2009-2010 Opening Game Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Anthony parker's first game back in Toronto after Signing with Cleveland as a Free agent.
                        1:05 Anthony Parker's Introduction

Notice How the crowd cheers for the FORMER raptor who LEFT the team.
                        at 0:02 there's even a crowd pop for J Moon when he's introduced.

Morris Peterson, (You remember him right) after being traded by the Raps to New Orleans
                        his article in the star really sums it up

http://www.thestar.com/columnists/article/407473

Toronto Loves their players. Don't believe me, ask Danny Dichio of the Toronto FC.

Hell even Roy Halliday (Former Cy young pitcher of the Toronto blue Jays traded to the Phillies) return was the talk of the town and I would have shown it if it wern't for the G20 causing it to be rescheduled for next year.

http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2010/0...rogers-centre/
                        http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/st...-phillies.html

Toronto fans are just as courtious as any other fans, its just that we get Screwed over as FANS time and time again that everyone including the media generalize us as angry haters even though we love our teams.

Bottom Line if you don't leave the team/city in a D-bag manor as a Superstar (see Carter, McGrady etc) than you get your props.

as for hating VC, i mean i loved the guy but the chant is catchy (0:55)

Last edited by Jordan-Drexler; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 02:46 AM.
                        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• Comment

• Hahahhaahhahaahahhahaahahahhahahahahahahhaahhahaha haha fail italian! He kept on saying three points this is not possible and kept on repeating the score, 100 to 99 100 to 99 hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha he repeats the same thing throughout hahahahahahahah

Comment

• Funny
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Was he weeping for joy or sadness? Did his team win or lose?

Comment

Working...
                                X