Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...-to-extension/

I never saw this one coming. Wouldn't someone upstairs put the kibosh on this one? If Colangelo had done this a day earlier I would have called it March madness.
    You got me my friend. Nice one.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...-to-extension/

I never saw this one coming. Wouldn't someone upstairs put the kibosh on this one? If Colangelo had done this a day earlier I would have called it March madness.
      The sad thing about it is that it's actually believable, whether it's April Fools or not. Way to go BC!!
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• From a basketball perspective, looking back this trade should have been a no brainer.

In the last 8 games, Chicago has gone 6-2. The schedule has been fairly weak but they did end MIami's 27 game win streak, beat Indiana, and beat Brooklyn. Two losses have been by 4 to WSH and 2 to DAL.

Everyone knows Rose is out for the season but your franchise PG is out; Noah has been out for 8 games; Bellinelli has been out for 7 games; Gibson was injured 3 games ago and has missed last 2; Hamilton has not played since February 26th.

The Bulls are basically rolling a lineup of Hinrich, Robinson, Butler, Deng, Boozer, Mohammad.... and winning!

Not giving all the credit to Boozer as Deng has played well and Thibs is obviously one of the best coaches in the game right now, BUT, Boozer has been averaging about 20 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists shooting nearly 55%.

From a financial perspective (and assuming it was the Raps who said NO) I understand why the Raps said no. Becoming a tax team this season would have made them a REPEATER tax team in 2014-15.

How bad is the repeater tax? At the first level of luxury tax -- up to $5 million over the threshold -- the base tax will be $1.50 for every dollar over the line. The repeater tax is $2.50 for every dollar over the line. It matches as you rise up the ladder from there -- the repeater tax is always $1 per dollar in exceedance of the threshold more than the base rate. For $20 million over the threshold, that's a $20 million difference based on whether you're a repeater or not.

Here's an example. Let's assume the luxury tax threshold rises to $75 million by 2014-15. Let's say a team like the Lakers has a payroll of $95 million -- $20 million over the threshold. If they were not repeater, their total tax payment would be $45 million, and their total payroll would be $140 million. If they were a repeater, their total tax payment would be $65 million, and their total payroll would be $160 million.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/20/40...3-repeater-tax

Fingers crossed for Boozer's health and Chicago's frugality.

Comment

• There is still hope!

Marc J Spears: Bargnani is gone. I do not see him going back to Toronto unless he's a visitor. Keep an eye on teams like Chicago Bulls. That would be a team that could be interested in him. Yahoo! Sports
          TORONTO RAPTORS, TRADE, ANDREA BARGNANI | SHARE
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Boozer or Gasol?

If you had your choice for this current team. Who would you pick?

Marc J Spears: Bargnani is gone. I do not see him going back to Toronto unless he's a visitor. Keep an eye on teams like Chicago Bulls. That would be a team that could be interested in him. Yahoo! Sports

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think at this point, even boneheaded Colangelo knows Bargs is gone this summer. Still have a sliver of hope that Bargnani-Boozer deal is still alive.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                I think at this point, even boneheaded Colangelo knows Bargs is gone this summer. Still have a sliver of hope that Bargnani-Boozer deal is still alive.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/video/nba-stars-move-001500188.html - source
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/video/nba-st...001500188.html

video of the interview
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/nba-stars-move-001500188.html - source
                    Makes some solid points. I agree that he'd be a good fit with the Lakers, with the "stretch-4" theory surfacing again. I also think Carl Landry would be a solid bench guy if we end up trading for him.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Gasol is going to be so pissed off if he comes to Toronto... but I'd be happy.

At least he could play for more than half of the season.

Comment

• Boozer hands down. Both are bad defenders but Gasoft is in and out all season like hes on maternity leave. Boozer is a walking double double. Gasol being a rap would inspire him to play like Bargnani -the effort... o wait!

Comment

• Don't want either of them but if I had to pick, it'd probably be boozer.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            Don't want either of them but if I had to pick, it'd probably be boozer.
                            We're not getting rid of Barney without getting a huge contract back.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Don't want either of them but if I had to pick, it'd probably be boozer.
                              This.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I would rather Boozer. Gasol doesn't solve are "soft" team issue. Even though Gasol would help more on D with his length. I feel that Boozer would be a better fit with all the pin downs we run for DD. Huge body freeing up DD/RG and than even popping out for the 15 footer. We need a bruiser.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X