Clear All

• T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Don't you guys think you've ripped him enough
    It's like a gang of of bitter little girls in junior high. imo

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      What saves more money?
      Retirement. Raps don't pay him a cent.

A better question for fan/salary cap purposes is what saves more cap space?
      Bought out.
      If he retires, the Raps might not pay him but they have to carry his salary on the books.
      If he is bought out, whatever he is bought out for is what goes on the books.

Correct me if I am wrong but Camby has never won a ring while making over $100M as a player.
      I think the Raps might have some leverage.
      I thought when guys retire it still counts against the cap? No?

edit: i just read the next paragraph durrrr
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
        Did i miss something ? aren't JV and amir our only bigs, with Acy moving to the perimeter ? unless you're counting on camby actually playing for us, which i doubt.
        Novak is a big and Acy is still a big regardless of what dumb new position Casey made up
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Wow i had no idea Novak and Camby had such contracts. Granted it's less of a cap hit than bargs but they're still pretty big - and long.

I really don't see Camby being so tradeable, especially at his age, at this time. Maybe at the deadline if a contender has a big go down? Even then... What saves more money, him retiring or being bought out?

Novak i could see being desirable, especially by a playoff team come deadline. GS specifically comes to mind. That said, i think he'll be useful regardless, he's already the team's best shooter and god knows we need that, especially when Gay and Val are on the floor.

I think the next pieces moved are Demar and Gray. There's no more minutes for Gray, and he'd be valuable depth elsewhere.
          I could be completely wrong here, but if Camby retired or was waived, the Raptors would still be on the hook for his salary on the books.. and the only time they wouldn't is if he suffered a career ending injury and the Raptors then waived him and then made some claim with the head office for approval.

The good thing is that Camby's second year is only guaranteed for $1M. So if he was waived, he'd only be on the books for $1M next year. Novak has 3 years left, but he's making about $3.5M a year.. I think that can easily be moved to a team looking for a shooter.. and there are a lot of teams that love shooters on their roster.

Q-Rich only has a 1 year guarantee. They have team options for years 2 and 3.. so can waive him after this year. No idea how much he's going to make though.. I guess we'll find out after July 10.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Novak is a big and Acy is still a big regardless of what dumb new position Casey made up
            I understand Novak has the size but his skill set is not going to bring the reasons Aaron Gray was on the floor, Acy lacks size & saddly casey is the one who's gonna make the decision where he plays. ( i agree with you its ridiculous).
            Point is we're gonna need a big body to play defense and Gray (to my dismay) is gonna continue to get minutes more so than novak & Acy.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              It's like a gang of of bitter little girls in junior high. imo
              Ya, so much for the "Canadians are nicer than Americans" stereotype. At least we don't live in igloos. Let is go gentlemen.

Comment

• Just Say NO To Green:

Absolutely no to anything involving Gerald Green, from his draft day leaked rumors that he'd be unwilling to play in Toronto to his punk plays at the end of a couple games against the Raptors which were well in hand, no thank you.

Actually, I rescind my thank you and I'll go with a flat no.

Comment

• Green would be a great starter at the 3 for tanknation

Comment

• Put me in coach

But he's a clown. Give me a jersey. I'll gladly take the vet minimum and I guarantee you I can't stop anybody!

I have the lateral quickness of an unbalanced clothes washer.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani is a public figure. As such, he's a target for criticism (whether it's fair or unfair).

My advice would be to follow Bargnani's lead and not be bothered by it.
                      It's a fact that public figures are a target for criticism, but the criticism in general comes from a not really sophisticated part of the public, about whom Lebron was very right (something like 'they still wake up the next day in their sorry lives'? Probably very true for the people concerned). And it really shouldn't happen, though it always will; plenty of morons to go around.

I don't, however, think Bargnani is somehow bothered by what is written here.

About the use of 'storied', I don't know, but it might be a more common form in Italian.

Comment

• Novak is a poor man's Kapono.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Novak is a poor man's Kapono.
                          why do you say that? the only difference I see is that he's taller

Comment

• CT2010 wrote: View Post
                            Ya, so much for the "Canadians are nicer than Americans" stereotype. At least we don't live in igloos. Let is go gentlemen.
                            We are nicer. If this team were based in america these comments would be much worse lol

Comment

• Kapono was really good that one year he played with Shaq and Wade and the only job he had to do was stand in one spot and make absolutely wide open shots. Then Colangelo signed him to a pretty penny thinking he would still get those looks with the dynamic duo of Bosh and Bargnani taking all the pressure.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                why do you say that? the only difference I see is that he's taller
                                Kapono was somewhat capable of dribbling and taking a shot as an alternative to taking a three, Novak can't even do that while having all the same negatives. He's a poor man's Kapono and if he becomes part of the rotation, that's scary, because it will be a sign of just how bad we are. So I'll hope he will be traded or an end of the bench guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X