Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idk if we get anthony davis then maybe

Comment

• Ha, ha, here we go again. The guy is still returning from an injury that sidelined him two months and because he doesn't hit the ground running during a lost season he needs to be traded.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Ha, ha, here we go again. The guy is still returning from an injury that sidelined him two months and because he doesn't hit the ground running during a lost season he needs to be traded.
        Or, you know, you look at the past 6 years and understand the first part of this year was yet another stretch of Bargnani at his best (one of his stretches of 20 or so good games where you think he has it figured out) followed by his normal status: mediocrity. That's why the love/hate relationship. As I've said elsewhere, I'm completely ambivalent about Bargs but you aren't going to win if he's a focal point of your roster. What's really funny is that people still haven't figured this out after 6 seasons.

Comment

• In a hamster wheel

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Ha, ha, here we go again. The guy is still returning from an injury that sidelined him two months and because he doesn't hit the ground running during a lost season he needs to be traded.
          Yea, this does feel like being in the hamster wheel yet again. Didn't Bargs apparently get "calls" before the trade deadline. No way in hell Bargs goes anywhere. He has no jump in his legs at all no lift. He should simply strive to get better. Where's he going anyway and for who?

At this point, I'm more concerned about Demar's game and his inability to pass out of a double team, his inconsistent jumpshot and his lack of basic dribbling skills. He doesn't even have a quick release so that he could adapt to being a spot shooter. Demar is a concern, not Bargs IMO.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Yea, this does feel like being in the hamster wheel yet again. Didn't Bargs apparently get "calls" before the trade deadline. No way in hell Bargs goes anywhere. He has no jump in his legs at all no lift. He should simply strive to get better. Where's he going anyway and for who?

At this point, I'm more concerned about Demar's game and his inability to pass out of a double team, his inconsistent jumpshot and his lack of basic dribbling skills. He doesn't even have a quick release so that he could adapt to being a spot shooter. Demar is a concern, not Bargs IMO.
            Why the hell would you want demar to be a spot up shooter when one of his strengths is getting to the free throw line? And his passing out of double teams will come with experience obviously. He's not even that bad at it so I don't know what you're complaining about. He doesn't have yo yo handles but they are obviosuly good enough for him to attack the basket with. Way to exagerate.
            Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Thu Mar 22, 2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Or, you know, you look at the past 6 years and understand the first part of this year was yet another stretch of Bargnani at his best (one of his stretches of 20 or so good games where you think he has it figured out) followed by his normal status: mediocrity. That's why the love/hate relationship. As I've said elsewhere, I'm completely ambivalent about Bargs but you aren't going to win if he's a focal point of your roster. What's really funny is that people still haven't figured this out after 6 seasons.
              +1

His numbers are now pretty much inline with what they were last year. I'm not seeing the same effort and aggression. Even with the psychological factor of it, it was a freaking calf sprain that you've had two months to recover from it. Z-Bo came back from a far more serious injury, is older than Bargnani, and must have considerably worse conditioning. But he's been not atrocious since he's came back.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Don't worry, Barnes will save us. There's no serious problems with trotting out a DD-Barnes wing combo in the starting lineup.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                  +1

His numbers are now pretty much inline with what they were last year. I'm not seeing the same effort and aggression. Even with the psychological factor of it, it was a freaking calf sprain that you've had two months to recover from it. Z-Bo came back from a far more serious injury, is older than Bargnani, and must have considerably worse conditioning. But he's been not atrocious since he's came back.
                  Not to mention Brook Lopez came back from being out for 2 months and dropped 38 and 28 points back to back....before getting injured again lol

Comment

• Like I said, the Bargnani excuse is built-in. It doesn't matter what other "star" players are doing, Bargnani has his own set of rules.

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                      Not to mention Brook Lopez came back from being out for 2 months and dropped 38 and 28 points back to back....before getting injured again lol
                      Don't forget he was being force fed to inflate his trade value in the Dw-ama - but I know what you mean.

Comment

• Hahahaha here we go again.

I guess we've all watched basketball long enough that we should all realize that:

Not all players recover the same way after an injury. They're all individually different. Z-Bo came back strong and so did Brook. In Bargnani's case, he didnt. No big deal. And why would he exert maximum effort? To re-injure himself? Can somebody remind me what theyre playing for exactly right now?

There's this thing called a slump in basketball. every player experiences it. its not taboo that Bargnani maybe on a slump too. specially after coming back from an injury.
                        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Mar 23, 2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Casey might have even told him to take it easy in the beginning for all we know.

Comment

• i think tonight we'll see him go hard. A couple of and 1's and matt devlin yelling "BANG ON" when he drains a three. He better come out looking like IL Mago tonight

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              i think tonight we'll see him go hard. A couple of and 1's and matt devlin yelling "BANG ON" when he drains a three. He better come out looking like IL Mago tonight
                              hahaha i just laughed picturing devlin saying bang on

Comment

• I'm not overly concerned with Bargnani's recent play.
                                - he was great to start the season
                                - he was amazing the two games he played coming back from injury the first time
                                - he has missed so much time this second time around that his legs/conditioning are clearly not in shape
                                - I'm sure BC/DC have told him not to push it too hard, to avoid another re-injury
                                - his shot hasn't been dropping, but for the most part he's been making great decisions and taking good shots (not a lot of boneheaded plays, bad decisions or forced shots)
                                - his assist numbers have been a pleasant surprise and with a better team, I could see him becoming a reliable distributor for a big man (2-3 APG)
                                - although his rebounding stats have been inconsistent and not up to the 8 RPG that Casey was calling for at the start of the season, I also haven't seen him not getting many rebounds that I felt he should have (ie: many times the past few games, he has done a great job boxing out his man, letting the rebound fall to other Raptors players - bad for his stats, but his defensive positioning/effort still helped the team win the rebound)
                                - the Raps have nothing to play for and have been using inconsistent lineups, plus it's not like the team/fans are overly upset with the losses

With an offseason to rest the leg and improve conditioning, a full preseason and an improved team, I believe that Bargnani is a potential Eastern all-star if he starts next season with the effort he showed up until his second injury this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X