Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    "All the kings said it was daft to build a castle on a swamp. But I built it all the same! Just to show 'em!....It sank into the swamp."
    But remember, after 3 Swamp Castles, you get the strongest in all the land. hahah

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani 38 PT 15-26 FG 3-4 FT 5-6 3P 4/0 RB 0 AS 0 BL 0 ST 3 TO 4 PF 39 MN (Final, Heat)
      Andrea Bargnani 30.8 PT .560 of 21.0 FG .833 of 6.0 FT .643 of 3.5 3P 4.5/0.5 RB 1.5 AS 0.0 BL 0.5 ST 2.5 TO 2.5 PF 40.3 MN 4/4 GS (last 4 games)

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        And yet they still lost.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          And yet they still lost.
          At the beginning of the 4th he had 20 points and 1 rebound (I think), crazy.

Comment

• King Bargs was the man last night, i don't care what anyone says. Everyone is gonna hate, but this dude was on fire.

The reason we lost is because of all of the poor shooting by Jose, Demar, Amir, etc in crunch time. AB was on fire and knocking everything down.

PS- can we please trade Jose. I almost lost my voice last night from yelling and swearing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              And yet they still lost.
              Ya, and that's all Bargs fault...

The reason we lost was because of horrible superstar call/no calls and Jose chucking late when he clearly didn't have "it".

BTW They went to bargs wayy too late, why the fuck wasn't he in the game in the late 3rd when they needed a run and why didn't they get him the ball more in early 4th when he was the hottest offensive player in the game.

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              At the beginning of the 4th he had 20 points and 1 rebound (I think), crazy.
              He didn't need to rebound. Ed/Amir were literally getting everything especially on the defensive end.
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Feb 17, 2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

The reason we lost was because of horrible superstar call/no calls and Jose chucking late when he clearly didn't have "it".

BTW They went to bargs wayy too late, why the fuck wasn't he in the game in the late 3rd when they needed a run and why didn't they get him the ball more in early 4th when he was the hottest offensive player in the game.

He didn't need to rebound. Ed/Amir were literally getting everything especially on the defensive end.
                Honestly man, Jose F-d us so bad. It's like he was making a case for "trade me now"

Comment

Why do Bargnani fans always assume criticism of him means we are blaming him entirely for a loss? Bargnani had a GREAT offensive game. But it was negated somewhat by a poor showing on the boards and at the defensive end. And unfortunately that's the norm for Bargnani. There were a multitude of reasons the Raptors lost last night. Bad shooting among everyone outside of DeRozan and Bargnani was one of them, but so was allowing Miami to shoot 49% from the field and giving up 8 more rebounds.

Bad shooting sometimes happens. Calderon took open shots and missed them. Normally, he hits them. In basketball, you HAVE to take shots like that if you're open. You can live with him missing good shots he normally makes. He probably took a couple too many, but it's hard to bash Calderon unless you also bashed Bargnani for doing a much worse 5-24 or 3-15.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Why do Bargnani fans always assume criticism of him means we are blaming him entirely for a loss? Bargnani had a GREAT offensive game. But it was negated somewhat by a poor showing on the boards and at the defensive end. And unfortunately that's the norm for Bargnani. There were a multitude of reasons the Raptors lost last night. Bad shooting among everyone outside of DeRozan and Bargnani was one of them, but so was allowing Miami to shoot 49% from the field and giving up 8 more rebounds.

Bad shooting sometimes happens. Calderon took open shots and missed them. Normally, he hits them. In basketball, you HAVE to take shots like that if you're open. You can live with him missing good shots he normally makes. He probably took a couple too many, but it's hard to bash Calderon unless you also bashed Bargnani for doing a much worse 5-24 or 3-15.
                    In that situation when you NEED points you shouldn't take a shot no matter how open you are early in the shot clock when Bargs and Demar are shooting lights out and you've been in a shooting slump for 10+ games.

Comment

In that situation when you NEED points you shouldn't take a shot no matter how open you are early in the shot clock when Bargs and Demar are shooting lights out and you've been in a shooting slump for 10+ games.
                      You could be right. I don't recall what the shot clock was for most of the shots, but I do recall a couple of times it was early. Still, to blame him for the loss is a little harsh, though.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• 38 points is certainly uncommon and not to be expected every night. With that said, how Bargnani played last night and how Amir and Davis played (11 and 13 rebs) is what makes me curious about the future of the Raps WITH Bargnani. A defensive minded, rebounding SF makes things very interesting, IMO.

The guy only had 4 rebounds but, as this point has been mentioned many times, if a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          If a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.
                          Solid point.

PS. You get a promotion there SuperMod?! haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            PS. You get a promotion there SuperMod?! haha
                            Kind of - twice the work with half the pay. I'm arm-wrestling Apollo at lunch for the corner, window office on the top floor though - lol.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Kind of - twice the work with half the pay. I'm arm-wrestling Apollo at lunch for the corner, window office on the top floor though - lol.
                              You guys get paid?! hahah
                              Arm-wrestling, eh? Anything like 'Over the Top' with Sly Stallone? That movie is epic.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                You guys get paid?! hahah
                                Arm-wrestling, eh? Anything like 'Over the Top' with Sly Stallone? That movie is epic.
                                YO, that was good.

Remember- Cobra?

Comment

Working...
                                X