Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    I have my doubts but if it is going to happen in Toronto, I would say Casey is the one who can light a fire under his ass (whereas many fans would just like to literally light one...).

At the end of the day he doesn't control who is on the team, and until Bargnani is gone, this is what Casey plans to do. I think it means nothing one way or the other of whether he will actually be here at the end of the day, but nice to see it is a focus if he is.
    I completely agree with this. Anyways, the board needs to decide what to do with Bargnani right now. Either he gets another shot or is traded now. Because if his stint next year isn't successful I doubt many GMs will continue to rate him as highly as he is now, but if Casey somehow manages to get some game out of him it would be a great situation for Toronto. If he doesn't, which is more than likely, then the Raptors are going to have to keep him for a while longer, or trade him for some bad pieces.

Comment

• he is probably going to get traded before the deadline. bargnani is the biggest disappointment, i mean this guy 1st overall pick in 06 and this guy is playing like he was the last pick in the draft. he needs to be more aggressive. this guy is 7 foot and cant rebound the ball or block shots. seriously man a 7 footer cant rebound the ball. are u kidding me? even reggie evans grabbing 10+ rebounds per game and hes just 6'8. bottom line is trade bargnani b4 trade deadline if he doesnt step up and show us that he can play ball.

Comment

• Really hope this was a smokescreen
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I love it. I don't think Andrea is a finished product yet, and if we can at least make him an average defender in the right scheme, we will have a very, very good player.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
            Everything Bargnani here comes another....

anyways I'd have to believe that this is Bargnani's last chance and that what he does has no bearing on Casey's job. But then again BC has shown a complete inability to give up on Bargnani so what do I know.

6th year, 3rd coach, 3 positions - still the worst defending big man and rebounder in league history

Can that change? God I hope so. Will that change? I highly doubt it.
            lol - Bargs the worst at anything - first season watching the NBA?
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

• raptors4ever wrote: View Post
              he is probably going to get traded before the deadline. bargnani is the biggest disappointment, i mean this guy 1st overall pick in 06 and this guy is playing like he was the last pick in the draft. he needs to be more aggressive. this guy is 7 foot and cant rebound the ball or block shots. seriously man a 7 footer cant rebound the ball. are u kidding me? even reggie evans grabbing 10+ rebounds per game and hes just 6'8. bottom line is trade bargnani b4 trade deadline if he doesnt step up and show us that he can play ball.
              Seriously - Bargs is the second best pick out of the top 5 in his draft class - and LaMarcus Aldridge aka Chris Bosh lite only made a serious move past him last season after Roy's knees finally let him down on a long term basis (as expected when he was drafted) and LaMarcus was forced to step up his game - kudos to him for doing it so fast (he can now shed the nickname).

Bargs was the Raptors best shot blocker until last season when he was forced to take on a greater offensive load - AND YES he needs to figure out how to play hard at both ends of the floor - In all likelihood under Coach Casey, he will figure it out.

Playing like the last pick in the draft? - Let's have just a little bit of reality in our rants.
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

• brothersteve wrote: View Post
                Seriously - Bargs is the second best pick out of the top 5 in his draft class - and LaMarcus Aldridge aka Chris Bosh lite only made a serious move past him last season after Roy's knees finally let him down on a long term basis (as expected when he was drafted) and LaMarcus was forced to step up his game - kudos to him for doing it so fast (he can now shed the nickname).

Bargs was the Raptors best shot blocker until last season when he was forced to take on a greater offensive load - AND YES he needs to figure out how to play hard at both ends of the floor - In all likelihood under Coach Casey, he will figure it out.

Playing like the last pick in the draft? - Let's have just a little bit of reality in our rants.
                I wouldn't say second best - Gay? Rondo?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't say second best - Gay? Rondo?
                  brothersteve wrote:
                  Seriously - Bargs is the second best pick out of the top 5 in his draft class
                  Gay was drafted 8th. Rondo was drafted in the 20's.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Gay was drafted 8th. Rondo was drafted in the 20's.
                    Ahhhhhh..... reading comprehension skills are lacking today.

I withdraw the statement.

Comment

lol - Bargs the worst at anything - first season watching the NBA?
                      Bargnani the 2nd best player in his draft - first season watching the NBA?

Roy - Aldridge - Rondo - Gay - Milsap happen to ring a bell?

Would love to see the list of starting Cs or even PFs who are/were worse rebounders than Andrea. (I'll give you a hint, don't start with this year because he is last on that list)

Comment

• This thread ... ugh. Barney leaves while worth something. He will never be good. He'll never D. He is a dead weight.

Buh bye.
                        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately TO fans suffer from mob mentality and buy into all the negative press that people spew out. Hopefully he puts it together this season and ppl can start finding a new punching bag.

Comment

• Not sure I understand the hate towards Bargnani. I agree that he is lazy and confused when it comes to defense. I believe he has trouble grasping it, not necessarily that he does not care. I would argue that he is the third best player from his draft (sorry Stephen but Rondo has to be rated higher); he has the skills, just not the know how. That will be Casey's greatest challenge.

While he'll never be a great defender, his rebound are only two off of Dirk's (not that he is as good, just that I don't see people killing Dirk for the same thing). I hope they keep Reggie for a while longer because he (Dre) seemed to at least try harder when Reggie was playin'.

Comment

• Sorry, I should have said "seems lazy..."

Comment

• holy... reading comprehension is non-existent in this thread.

He said second best in the top 5 picks of his draft. not second best in his draft class.

Comment

Working...
                                X