Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    And the funny thing is, it took Colangelo 5 years to voice his displeasure with Bargnani. Im not siding with Bargnani, but they shouldve nipped this problem in the bud a looooong time ago. Bargnani has already been with the Raptors for 5 years, i dont think his defense or rebounding ever declined, its been bad since the beginning, and only after 5 years colangelo says something publicly about it, right about when his contract is about to expire, he gets on the fans good side.
    It is now time to find yet one more "ingrate" to throw under the bus to satisfy the calls for blood in the forum. It is just Bargnani's turn. Sometimes the management of this team resembles wrestling.
    Last edited by meductic; Tue May 24, 2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I don't disagree, however, its unfortunate it has come to this ... this is like the perfect marriage that takes a nose dive FAST. It's going to start to get ugly from here. Like Lebron James UGLY.
      yea, hopefully BC trades him before the retard casual fans at the games will start booing bargnani which will ruin our chances of drawing any FA's here.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Yes, but what would you rather hear from a player while he's still part of the team? I don't wanna hear anyone on this team even hypothetically speaking of playing somewhere else. To me it shows they don't have true faith in the organization, therefore I don't want them on the team.
        I want to hear the truth. What Bargnani is hinting at to the public is he's not happy about what's going on. That's his public stance, he's avoiding fireworks probably to allow for a trade to go more smoothly. Behind closed doors is where I feel the fireworks are taking place.

Bosh led the team along suggesting they were a really option when they were not. He did it to until he was past the deadline and then he slowly but surely began to unplug himself from the team. He obviously handled it this way looking at his own best interests.

Both scenarios aren't fun to think about but I would say the Bosh scenario was a million times worse. Bargnani is keeping his gun holstered but he's keeping it in view. I'm not a fan of the his but I can appreciate the fact that he's being smart about this. He's walking a fine line until something happens. Expect him to fire back for real after a trade happens. I wouldn't want it any other way in this scenario.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          yea, hopefully BC trades him before the retard casual fans at the games will start booing bargnani which will ruin our chances of drawing any FA's here.
          Totally agree...

Comment

• Turkoglu last year, Bargnani this year, albeit a lot less extreme. Gotta love the overseas smack talk.

Regarding that Bargnani photo, ugh. He's been in a professional sports league for 5 years and his extremely poor physique is a testament to his laziness. Please leave.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              I know everyone seems to be upset at Bargnani for his comments, if indeed these were the exact words that he said, but what i find really bothering is given the playing time, opportunities, considered as the franchise player, he's still saying these things. i mean if i was given all that, screw all the fans and haters, ill stick to my hefty contract and continue padding my stats. but it seems its beyond that. mind you, he is already the 5th (if im counting it right) core player who has shown frustration with Toronto. After this guy gets traded, i think management has to take a loooong hard look at how this team is being run.

i think everybody needs to look at the big picture here and the age old question, why cant the Raptors hold in to anybody??
              First of all, you're talking about several different regimes. The only continuous thread in this organization is the name and the city the team plays in. Can this current one be blamed for what happened with Vince or Stoudamire or McGrady? No. That's like a homeowner being responsible for things all the owners did.

In this case, the only thing that I would blame on management is that they saw more from Bargnani than was there. You draft a soft, jumpshooting big man who doesn't rebound or play defense and you shouldn't be surprised that's what you end up with. Other than that, he deserved the criticism levelled at him, so him complaining about it doesn't jibe with me.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Maybe we are thinking he is being prima donna when he is actually being realistic of his abilities.

I wonder if his questioning of role was along these lines:

I'm not a true C and there has never been a big banger with me to play PF or C,
                I'm not a franchise player yet I advertised as one, and
                I'm not paid like Kobe, LeBron and the crew, so quit expecting me to be like those guys.

In those cases, he has a point and it is fun devil's advocate.
                The problem is, none of those things matter to me. If he played defense and rebounded, then I couldn't care less if he spent all his time on the perimeter and wasn't the franchise player. I never thought he would be one, anyway.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                  totally agree. we all know the obvious, but why is bargani being thrown under the bus only now? if he really sucked this bad, why did the raptors make him a franchise player? why is everybody getting on his case like he's a franchise player? he's not.
                  How do we know they haven't tried to do something before now. Maybe they have asked him to work on his weaknesses every year and only now are they resorting to saying in the media. We have no idea what's been going on behind closed doors before now.

And no one is getting on his case like he's a franchise player. I've got to say that tact bothers me. People are getting on his case like he's a basketball player. And those are the things we expect of ANY basketball player.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Meh. When people ask me if I like Toronto, I say, "Yeah, but the weather is absolute sh*t most of the year." And I love Toronto, and have a good job, and am very happy here. His other comments, again, meh, I have a feeling all the haterade that's being pushed his way is getting to him, it would get to me too. Not saying he doesn't deserve most of it, but I do think the sheer level of vitriol is a bit unnecessary at times.
                    Can't underestimate the language barrier either. My grandma speaks english in pretty much the same way he does, and when she came to Canada, she told one of my friends that it was nice that she wasn't so fat anymore, she meant to say my friend looked well and lost weight, but in her garbled english, the way she said it was, "and you're not fat not anymore."
                    He should be in better shape, though, although the season just ended and he seems more or less fine during the season. He definitely needs to put in his time to improve his conditioning, as I would argue that he looks gassed at the end of games and that's more detrimental to the team as we need him in the second half of games more than the first half.
                    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                    -Newsradio

Comment

• The thing that makes me suspect that Bargnani was coddled behind closed doors and was upset to be called out in the media is that he calls Colangelo uncourageous.
                      Personally I'm glad if this acts as an impetus for major change.
                      On another note it shows again that communication throughout this organization is not first class and has to be addressed.

Comment

• Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
                        Meh. When people ask me if I like Toronto, I say, "Yeah, but the weather is absolute sh*t most of the year." And I love Toronto, and have a good job, and am very happy here. His other comments, again, meh, I have a feeling all the haterade that's being pushed his way is getting to him, it would get to me too. Not saying he doesn't deserve most of it, but I do think the sheer level of vitriol is a bit unnecessary at times.
                        Can't underestimate the language barrier either. My grandma speaks english in pretty much the same way he does, and when she came to Canada, she told one of my friends that it was nice that she wasn't so fat anymore, she meant to say my friend looked well and lost weight, but in her garbled english, the way she said it was, "and you're not fat not anymore."
                        He should be in better shape, though, although the season just ended and he seems more or less fine during the season. He definitely needs to put in his time to improve his conditioning, as I would argue that he looks gassed at the end of games and that's more detrimental to the team as we need him in the second half of games more than the first half.
                        I can't help but notice that most people defending him focus on him talking about a warmer climate, when it's pretty clear no one cares about that statement.

Apparently he's used the same phrase to describe Colangelo's "attack" on him before, so it's doubtful it's a language thing. And if Bargnani is so upset, maybe he can explain what it was that Colangelo said that was unwarranted.

As for the picture, if it was just that I wouldn't think twice, but that, coupled with all the other things, including his apparent lack of desire on the court, makes me really wonder about his dedication. He's shown no improvement on defense and actually regressed in the rebounding department, which was poor to begin with. If he's not dedicated, then why on earth would you want to keep him? You can't change a guy's personality.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I have a hard time giving bargnani and sympathy when he complains about playing his natural position. He is an 7 Foot NBA player, do what the coach tells you. Get your butt in paint and box the hell out! I dont mind his offensive game but defense and rebounding is important for every team thats wants to improve their standing. Charles Barkley talks about the Heat being whiney, wonder what he thinks about bargnani!

Comment

• I can't help but think that we are looking at Bargnani's fluffer.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Ok I know it is totally useless, but I'll try to put things in the correct perspective. Picture is old like years old. How do I know? A guy from an Italian basket forum has had that picture as his avatar for at least the past 2 years (wouldn't be surprised if the guy is the one in the picture).

Italian speaker here and listened to the interview. The "politically correct" statement out of context sounds ugly I agree, but context matters. He was clearly being self-ironic for the very predictable answer he gave to the previous question which was: "Where are you going to play next year". Believe me it was very evident if you hear the interview.

As for the Colangelo remarks. I have not read the Star article, but if that is the complete article they are framing it exactly how i would frame it if I wanted the incite the hater that local supporters are already showing for the guy.
                              He said what is reported (more or less), but he also added that his status as a starter and main offensive terminal make him more responsible than other players if things go south as they did. So that a fair amount of criticism is more than justified.

As for the role thing he stated repeatedly that he is a pf. So they asked him where would he want to go if he was traded and he just said somewhere where I can play the four and warm. I fail to see what's so disrespectful about that. If you could chose would you say I want to live in Cleveland or i want to live in South Beach?

Now I know that what i said won't change anybody's opinion on the guy, but some things needed to be said. And let me say this: The Star is pure junk.

Comment

• That type of language is not welcome here. People want to hate the guy and blame him for everything in piece. They love draft time and they want to set up a program where they're even worse than they were this year so they can get another high pick, and have someone else to blame, because they got rid of the dead weight in Andrea, and someone will have to be held accountable when the defense doesn't magically improve and Demar looks like he's regressed, because teams are able to zone in on him, and no one in the front court needs to be guarded away from the basket.
                                The one and only

Comment

Working...
                                X