Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Houston would never do that lol
    Their rookie PG that took over for Lin during the playoffs when he was injured may have made a case for starting next year and he's getting paid far less. But Houston is trying to shed salary these days to make a run at Dwight, so taking on Bargs' salary may not be in their interest.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Their rookie PG that took over for Lin during the playoffs when he was injured may have made a case for starting next year and he's getting paid far less. But Houston is trying to shed salary these days to make a run at Dwight, so taking on Bargs' salary may not be in their interest.
      Is it possible for them to do the trade, then amnesty Bargs? That way, they amnesty 10mil off their contracts, and pretty much wipe out Lins contract immediately.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Is it possible for them to do the trade, then amnesty Bargs? That way, they amnesty 10mil off their contracts, and pretty much wipe out Lins contract immediately.
        No. You can only amnesty someone signed by your team prior to the CBA signing. Only the Raps can amnesty Bargnani.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I would make that trade in a heart beat, but as mentioned above Houston would never do that trade. Having Lin as a backup would hopefully help Fields find his game and add to our second unit potency.

Comment

• Lin can run an offense Lucas cant, I dont like Lin that much but if we did have him it would be a market move and nothing more. Lin is much better than Lucas.....

Lin is overrated Houston has to shed him him quick just let Harden run point.

Comment

• If Houston really has a chance to land Dwight, then Bargnani is a pretty perfect pairing with him.
              Dwight can patrol the paint, rebound, block shots, while Bargs can create space for him to operate.

Lin would be a great backup, and yes an overpaid backup - but not insanely so.

If the deal were expanded to include Thomas Robinson and John Lucas, or a similar move which could also help HOU create more cap room for free agents - you never know.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                If Houston really has a chance to land Dwight, then Bargnani is a pretty perfect pairing with him.
                Dwight can patrol the paint, rebound, block shots, while Bargs can create space for him to operate.

Lin would be a great backup, and yes an overpaid backup - but not insanely so.

If the deal were expanded to include Thomas Robinson and John Lucas, or a similar move which could also help HOU create more cap room for free agents - you never know.
                Can't see it.... but would love it.

Bargnani's salary and 5% trade kicker takes him to a $11.28M cap it next year.

If the Raps decline option on JL3, amnesty LK, and the luxury tax goes to $71.6M, they can take back up to 150% + $100K of salaries or $5M more.

Bargnani for Lin and T-Rob save the Rockets just $600k.

Plus they have Montiejunas on the roster who is a younger and better rebounding version of Bargnani.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  For Bargnani, the answer should always be yes.
                  This.

I'd trade him for a two piece and a biscuit from Popeye's chicken.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    This.

I'd trade him for just the biscuit.

Comment

• JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
                      woops my bad man Moderators my bad feel free to move it!
                      Done and done.

As to the question posed by the thread ... meh. I guess I would? I couldn't see this type of trade 'moving the needle' at all.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Can't see it.... but would love it.

Bargnani's salary and 5% trade kicker takes him to a $11.28M cap it next year.

If the Raps decline option on JL3, amnesty LK, and the luxury tax goes to $71.6M, they can take back up to 150% + $100K of salaries or $5M more.

Bargnani for Lin and T-Rob save the Rockets just $600k.

Plus they have Montiejunas on the roster who is a younger and better rebounding version of Bargnani.
                        Agreed, the cost savings mentioned are not appealing as stated - but could become so with creativity.

I like Donatas, but he hasn't proven anything in the NBA - certainly not to justify starting with Harden, Dwight, etc. on a contender. I guess the main issue with dealing Bargnani is perceived value. What do other GM's really think of him and his contract? Despite the negative, there are a lot of GM's who have had front row seats to Bargnani abusing their team's defense (and being abused under the glass).
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Everybody saying Lin would make "a great backup" needs to go back, look at Lin's stats, and recognize that he's a starting-quality PG who's really only a year and a half into his career - and that his stats don't directly show his excellent basketball IQ and his remarkably positive locker-room presence. Trading Bargnani for Lin - which will never, ever happen, even if Houston signs Chris Paul, because in that case they'd need to shed salary - is a no-brainer. Frankly, any trade which gets us Lin and in which we don't give up Jonas, Amir or maaaaaaaybe DeMar is a no-brainer.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            This.

hahahaha..... I'd pay for the 2 piece meal and then trade him for a napkin (yes i know they're free and they have tons).....lol

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              DeMar is a good help defender and under stands the rotations well hes awful for one on ones though, Jose was bad at both but at least tried and tried hard Bargnani was just lethargic......He didnt care about letting the team down.
                              Not sure I agree with the bolded. I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times DeRozan stepped in to take the charge (in his career).

In terms of good help defenders on the wing, Parker was our last one....and maybe MoPete before him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                The one benefit Boozer has over Amir is his offensive repertoire. Boozer attracts double-teams, which would only help Casey's predictable, ISO-heavy schemes.

After 8 years, Amir still doesn't have a reliable "go to" move in the post.
                                This is a good point. Frankly, I can barely think of a time where Amir's taken someone on the block. He's usually in the high post or running around setting screens.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X