No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have booed the teams effort before though. Did the head shake, and hand swat.

Comment

• Maybe I'm old school, but I definitely don't understand/support the booing/heckling/taunting of our own players, especially on our home court.

I am all for discussing/debating players, coaches, management, ownership, team name, uniforms, cheerleaders, arena, schedule, roster moves, draft picks, etc... away from the game action.

However, even if there is a player that I personally hate (within the confines of sports) and wish would no longer be part of the team I support, I will still cheer for him as long as he's wearing my team's jersey!

The NBA is a team sport and I support the Raptors. Whether I am at the game, watching it on tv, or following the action on my laptop/ipad/phone, I will always 100% cheer for the Raptors and every Raptors player. I can personally differentiate between having a right to my opinion away from the in-game action and being a supportive fan during the game.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I wonder if there was this much angst when the ACC was chanting "fire Wilson" last year. And low and behold, the chanting worked.
        Fans have far more power than they think they do. It's both good and bad.

I know that in Calgary, the Flames owners are terrified of rebuilding because their season tickets holders tell them they won't buy suites, etc. to watch a "young guns" team. So, despite the fact they desperately need a rebuild, the fans won't let them.

If Raptors fans stopped going to games and started chanting FIRE BC every night, the organization feels both the pain in the wallet and the embarassment. It doesn't guarantee change but it puts enormous pressure on the owners to make it stop. And despite what many people here think, owners et al. do pay attention to waht fans are saying (and chanting).

Booing your own players isn't particularly pleasant but it has a storied history going back to the days of gladiators. It's not like we kill them at the end or anything either....

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
          Dates at raptor games have always worked out well for me, costly, but more fun than other dates, but then I may not be the best judge
          i found that the big problem was the allocation of my attention... like, you know when you go with your friends... there's certain beats to a game... you kind of instinctually know when idle conversation happens and when it doesnt... you know when you're supposed to be paying attention, and when you can start pointing out the hot chick a few rows in front of you is showing ample thong..

she had no effing clue... asking questions on fast breaks.. then during timeouts would be quiet... it was a whole lot of awkward

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Gay & Williams at SF, Fields & Ross at SG... trade DeRozan for a starting PF. But that could be me 'Trade-DeRozan-itis' talking lol

Perhaps this rumor needs its own thread (if it picks up steam), so the "Everything Bargnani" thread doesn't get hijacked (in an ironic twist) with talk about potential subsequent moves.
            lol

Comment

• As an aside you know the desperation to trade Bargnani when the source is Peter Vescey and Bleacher Report!

Comment

All those people complaining about the booing, can buy tickets to the next game and cheer. What are we thought police? Even haters are allowed to buy tickets. If you want to show your disgust do so in person.

Hate to say it, but the people with tickets can do as they wish. I am not going to judge them, cheer for Lin, be a Laker fan, go for the slice. Being embarrassed for someone else is so teen.
                Have you ever heard the expression that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean that you should? The last thing he'd done prior to stepping on the court to boos, was go strong to the basket, got fouled in the air, and took a tumble to an injury. Some people at RR suffer the delusion that AB is a cancer in the locker room, but people in the know say the that's nothing but a load of crap. What kind of message do you think the classless booing sends to the other players? I'm sure Rudy is real impressed by those fans, and is inspired to play hard for them.

Comment

That is fine, if you want to call my perspective immature and classless it is your right as well.

You can decide the baseline for how you deal with others, and categorize them as you wish.... but chances are you did not have a ticket for that game, and are now acting like a little girl whose feelings are hurt.
                  I'd say it's more like acting like an adult trying to convey some maturity and decency to little girls like you.

Comment

This same kind of thing can be said about a forum, how dare you criticize derozan, AA, etc... You are not raptor fan, lada lada. Where do we draw the line?

If you want to think half of the ACC are douchbags, you can, but it just makes for an angry existence, mistrust of people, and perhaps reading kaczyniski's manifesto. Or you can just accept it, and realize that fans are fans and they are all cool. Regardless of their thoughts on Derozan, booing, or pizza slices. It's just a game in the end, no need to guide your morality by it, or use it as an excuse to control others behavior.
                    Nobody is "trying to control". Just commenting on how stupid and classless it was under the circumstances.

Comment

• RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                      To call paying fans idiots is a bit ignorant. I wasn't at the game but I would've been right there with those voicing their displeasure for a player I don't want on the team I follow. Jose did everything that was asked of him and was in difficult situations throughout majority of his time here. Andrea has hype to live up to because of where he was picked (not his fault) but the underachieving is secondary. The primary reason I would boo is to tell BC it's time to give up the pipe dream. Side note: it shouldn't have been that hard to stay in game shape. Didn't have a leg injury.
                      You're an idiot. There's a reason they call it "game shape". You need to play actual games to get there, especially after 2 months of not even being able to scrimmage.

Comment

• Bargnani for... Boozer?!?!

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...ap-sources-say

Comment

• Just going online: ESPN sources say Bulls & Raptors have had exploratory talks on potential trade featuring Carlos Boozer & Andrea Bargnani
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• hold on...working out in my brain if I like this or not
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Bargnani & Kleiza for Boozer would probably be the easiest way to do it... though I'm like thead in that I'm not sure how I feel about such a trade.

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bqbnkv3

2012-13: Bargnani/Kleiza ($14.6M) / Boozer ($15M) = $400,000 additional salary for Toronto (pro-rated for 1/2 season)

2013-14: Bargnani/Kleiza ($15.35M) / Boozer ($15.3M) = $50,000 savings for Toronto

2014-15: Bargnani ($11.5M) / Boozer ($16.8M) = $5.3M additional salary for Toronto
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• makes 15 million next season 16 the year after that

good rebounder...legit low post threat, strong as an ox.

I officially like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X