No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking a little better, if you forget about the 2 rebounds.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Giving thanks for the all-chucker squad

Andrea Bargnani

Bargnani may have surpassed Boozer in the unpopularity contest. He's shooting 37 percent, his free throws have dropped off, and he has somehow regressed on the boards and as a help defender. The cries to dump Bargnani get louder with each late-game Toronto collapse, the latest of which featured Jrue Holiday blowing by Bargnani on a switch and hitting Jason Richardson for a clutch 3.

But the Raptors scored at a bottom-three rate without Bargnani last season, and a big man with legit 3-point range that can be deployed at high volumes is enormously valuable simply for floor spacing.

Which brings us back to context and defense. Bargnani's a liability on the latter front, outside of some decent one-on-one post defense, and the context is changing in Toronto. Kyle Lowry is a borderline All-Star who can penetrate the defense, and DeMar DeRozan, flashing an improved post game, can at least tread water as a no. 1 option in Lowry's injury-related absence. Jonas Valanciunas will get better down low. Bargnani's contract is amnesty-eligible, and he has two years left after this one at a relatively affordable price.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...chuckers-squad
      #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

Comment

• #getJSmoove

Comment

• Have you tweeted today?

#tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            (I put this in the "Raptors Republic Tweet Family" sticky thread but I felt it deserved its own thread. If a mod disagrees, please feel free to merge)

I encourage everyone who is fed up with Bargnani to send this tweet out:

Bombs away on the Raptors and MLSE.

Great post!

Man that guy sure did make drugs look appealing... lol
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
              Great post!

Man that guy sure did make drugs look appealing... lol

Comment

• You know what's going to happen, right? Bargnani will eventually drop a very efficient 35 points and 8 boards, combined with passable defense one night, and the puffed out chests of fans will come out in full force.

The saga continues.....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  You know what's going to happen, right? Bargnani will eventually drop a very efficient 35 points and 8 boards, combined with passable defense one night, and the puffed out chests of fans will come out in full force.

The saga continues.....
                  Trade him so we don't have to go through this bs again! :P
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

You know what's going to happen, right? Bargnani will eventually drop a very efficient 35 points and 8 boards, combined with passable defense one night, and the puffed out chests of fans will come out in full force.

The saga continues.....
                    And the war drum from the other side will only get louder.

As Eric Koreen said, "He is reliably unreliable."

I hope he does put it all together for a stretch so he can be traded at maximum value and he becomes some other team's problem.

Comment

The saga continues.....
                      The prophecy was true! Bargnani is finally back to pre-injury form! We're saved!

....Matt Devlin thinks so so it must be true.

Comment

• 3 games in a row that he's shot the ball more efficiently. I hope he's starting to hit his stride and get him Lowry and Demar on the same page. Seems like it's always one or two of them on but never all 3. I'm gonna take some flak for this but that's on Lowry to get them both the ball where they need it to be successful. Lowry gets to touch it every possession so he'll get his opportunities but when Demar is going or Dre he's gotta keep it moving.

Comment

• Here's to hoping Colengelo knows, that even (especially) if Bargnani plays lights out for the next stretch, trading him is still a priority.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• #BringInJSmoove

Comment

• Chandler Parsons!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Chandler Parsons!
                                +1. Start him at the 3, move Ed into the starting lineup. Young lineup, and probably put ourselves back a year, but the team building forward would be extremely strong, and each compliment one another. Lowry, Derozan, Parsons, Davis, JV. May not be Rudy Gay or Paul George, but hell, still a good alternative!

*sigh* We can dream can't we?

#TradeBargnani #FreeRaptorsFans
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X