Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'm totally waiting for this argument to devolve into "if you like bargnani, you don't know real basketball. come test us at the pick up games at my rec center. we'll cross you up"
    Lol, that was actually genuinely funny.

I play in a men's league but would definitely come through for some rec centre ball.

Comment

• Go sleepz.

I'm interested too, although not necessarily to prove a point. So where do all you keyboard warriors play?

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Interesting post!

Is that you he was pointing up to in the stands?

The dude right on Dirk's left shoulder with the big face! lol

Big up, to multirupaul.lol

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
          Is that you he was pointing up to in the stands?

The dude right on Dirk's left shoulder with the big face! lol

Big up, to multirupaul.lol
          Hahahhaha, ok that was pretty good, lol.

But yeah, lets setup that rec center game, i'm totally there, I can email Andrea and see if he will come to. Sleepz, bring those towels that you use to wash the balls at the bowling alley.

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
            Go sleepz.

I'm interested too, although not necessarily to prove a point. So where do all you keyboard warriors play?
            Not point proving, just some friendly b-ball.

Play in BWT league, games were usually at Marshall McLuanne HS, or Glendon College.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
              Hahahhaha, ok that was pretty good, lol.

But yeah, lets setup that rec center game, i'm totally there, I can email Andrea and see if he will come to. Sleepz, bring those towels that you use to wash the balls at the bowling alley.

You're a joker, I will give you that. lol

Comment

• im on a strict nutritional program of pizza pockets and fun dip, that doesnt allow me to use any specific muscle groups for longer than 30 seconds at a time.

nah... i just havent played in over a decade, i wouldnt put myself through that kind of embarassment.

euchre though... i'm there.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                  And all this is on Bosh? Your 'Bargnani' was on the same teams doing nothing but stroking his beard. lol

At least Bosh was putting up some numbers, oh wait, he was probably stealing poor little lamb Bargnani's boards. lol

While the rest of this current Raps team is working hard trying to get better, where is the limp noodle? No where to be found, similar to his game when he's actually on the court.

The difference between me and you is I hope he actually DOES well but I wouldn't wager that he will become a star like I'm sure you do when you go home and pray to Bargnani.

I can't wait until the regular season!
                  I think Boshs' offensive numbers are a liiiitle deceiving. The Raps had one of the best offensive systems in all of the NBA, Bosh was just lucky to have it revolve around him. I'm gonna tell you something, but only because your my friend. Allot of the good players in this league need to be involved offensively to be effective defensively. When Bargs plays good defense, its when he's involved and clicking on the offensive end. He should be a high end offensive player, but Bosh's high touch rate has hindered this immensely.

When you have a centre who can pop outside, it will allow more slashing and utitilze guys like Demar and Sonny. Do you know how powerful this? It will either put the opposing bigs in trouble as they will not be able to stay with these guys, or our boys will score at will.

The fact that your comparing Bargs offseason production like its sweet valley high is about as useful as a fried fart.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                    I think Boshs' offensive numbers are a liiiitle deceiving. The Raps had one of the best offensive systems in all of the NBA, Bosh was just lucky to have it revolve around him. I'm gonna tell you something, but only because your my friend. Allot of the good players in this league need to be involved offensively to be effective defensively. When Bargs plays good defense, its when he's involved and clicking on the offensive end. He should be a high end offensive player, but Bosh's high touch rate has hindered this immensely.

When you have a centre who can pop outside, it will allow more slashing and utitilze guys like Demar and Sonny. Do you know how powerful this? It will either put the opposing bigs in trouble as they will not be able to stay with these guys, or our boys will score at will.

The fact that your comparing Bargs offseason production like its sweet valley high is about as useful as a fried fart.
                    A fried fart.

Rap of the day?

Comment

• I'm very frustrated that you all attack players for their personalities. Bargnani is a very laid-back, fun-loving guy. He doesn't have Kobe's work ethic - NO ONE DOES.

He's his own player and will develop into whatever he develops into. I can't hate him for being who he is.

Relax.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/
                      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                        I'm very frustrated that you all attack players for their personalities. Bargnani is a very laid-back, fun-loving guy. He doesn't have Kobe's work ethic - NO ONE DOES.

He's his own player and will develop into whatever he develops into. I can't hate him for being who he is.

Relax.
                        Maybe so, but when he's the teams first option you'd expect to hear something? It's even more irritating that the guy has limitless possibilities but is doing nothing about it. All he needs is an above average post game and some serious competitive spirit to be a force to be reckoned with in this league. But he's got neither, and because of that he'll always be a 3rd or 4th OPTION (not stringer) on a good team.

Comment

• He's developing his post game. That doesn't happen overnight. He was raised and taught to play the outside game and that's his major advantage in the NBA at his size.

I like how you assume he's not doing a damn thing except chilling in Rome playing PS3 and eating pasta. Plus I've never heard Andrea say anything about wanting to be the centerpiece like CB did. He's our first option by default now. He's definitely still young and from reading his website he's definitely not the killer competitor that you would like him to be, nor has he fully matured. His favourite interests are food and girls. Very similar to any normal 25 yr old but I guess NBA players are held to different standards.

But he didn't get this far by doing nothing.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            I like how you assume he's not doing a damn thing except chilling in Rome playing PS3 and eating pasta.
                            To be honest, probably is.

However I do agree. It's not his choice to be our number 1, this is just the way it is.
                            Joshua Priemski
                            NBA blogger
                            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                            www.RufusOnFire.com/
                            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• I said the same thing: He's the number 1 on our team BY DEFAULT. As for getting this far without doing nothing. Well ok fine...he shot enough 3's to get here. And why do you assume that HE IS working on his post game? Are there any reports I missed? Because if so I'll shutup right now.

Oh, and yes, NBA players ARE and SHOULD be held to different standards. Like, $9 million standards. I mean ya its awesome that he's making millions, living the good life, playing PS3 and chasing bitches. But I sure as hell don't want to be cheering for a professional athlete who's priorities are that, and not what he's been employed to do.

Comment

• ummmm..while chris bosh, our prior #1 option was filming his dvd, tweeting, and telling coach K he will not play in the worlds, bargs has been italy working out with the national team getting ready for the worlds. he has been training and running basketball camps since he left at season's end. how is that a bad work ethic or lack of commitment? u guys are pulling at strings now, calling out our leading shot blocker and a 17 pt per game player as the number 2 option up to this point. i would love u to show me the team that would put bargs as the 4th option. ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X