Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReeZen wrote: View Post
    ..you joined one month before me.
    I know. Pure sarcasm. Your's is among the most rational posts about Bargnani I've read.

Comment

• Bargnani vs Aldridge

09-10 Numbers

Aldridge
      37.5 min .495 (FG%) .313 (3Pt % - 16 total attempts) .757 (FT%) 8.0 (Rbs) 17.9 (ppg)
      13 mil per season (5 yrs - 64.8 million)

Bargnani
      35.0 min .470 (FG%) .373 (3Pt% - 325 total attempts) .774 (FT%) 6.2 (Rbs) 17.2 (ppg)
      10 mil per season (5 yrs – 50 million)

Still would rate Bargs better than Aldridge. LaMarcus had Roy on his side. Andrea's rebounding numbers may have been less (1.4 - adjusted), but his ability to hit from anywhere, trumps Aldridge as far as I'm concerned. Plus AB is also 3 million cheaper per year.

2006 Draft
      Without Hindsight
      Andrea would've went top 3.

With Hindsight
      1. Rondo
      2. Roy (still would worry about his health)
      3. Gay
      4. Bargs
      5. Aldridge

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
        Out of curiosity, how many #1 picks become franchise players?
        You can look for yourself and make that judgement, but I'd say it happens at a 2:1 ratio, where two #1 picks will become franchise players for every one that doesn't.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          not remotely a bust. what a stupid thread.
          I totally agree that Bargs is not a bust; however, I am tired of all the Barg's haters making statements like:

3-9 at most,
          Barney is Bust,
          1 rebound? seriously?.....
          I am interested in hearing Matt's (provided the above quote) opinion and reason for calling Bargnani a bust.

PS - it is interesting how polarizing Barg's is on the fans (ceez, your response is exactly the reason I started this thread - people get way too worked up on both sides of this argument and don't provide thoughtful reason)
          Last edited by BC Boy; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• In 7th grade, due to being 6'2" at the time, I was anointed the Center. Da Coach told me that if I didn't average 10 boards a game that I was a disgrace to the Center position. Barganini IS a disgrace to centers everywhere!

By the way, Canadians, notice that I used the correct spelling of "Center".

Comment

• A Case for the Missing Link

Like Bosh gets drawn to `TV .. man`.... Forum threads are drawn to `Bargnani`.

Comment

• The TRUE bust is Colangelo - get rid of him and his Eurocentricity!

Comment

• Sarcasm never comes through on forums.

Comment

• If I'm to say that he is not a bust then to be honest and fair I also have to say he has not helped this team to accomplish anything. I think AB has talent the problem is it is an incomplete talent. Obviously, BC and Maurizzio (AB handler) drafted him with the conviction that he would improve and develop his overall game to an acceptable level. IMHO, he has failed to do so.

I envision him on a team like Orlando where you have a dominant centre that comands the double team and how much effective he would be to that team. With DW as a defensive centre, RL also a very good defender and M. Pietrus a tougher defender he may well put-up +25 ppg.

Now back to reality, on a team where we dont have such a centre nore do we have tough defenders, he will be relied on to do many of the things he is proven to be not good at; defense, rebounding...etc.

In a nutshell, he may not be a bust but he has had very little impact on our team.

Comment

• BC Boy wrote: View Post
                      I totally agree that Bargs is not a bust; however, I am tired of all the Barg's haters making statements like:

I am interested in hearing Matt's (provided the above quote) opinion and reason for calling Bargnani a bust.

PS - it is interesting how polarizing Barg's is on the fans (ceez, your response is exactly the reason I started this thread - people get way too worked up on both sides of this argument and don't provide thoughtful reason)
                      How about reading my comment in this thread? I said I don't "literally" use the term "bust" to it's meaning, its a word I use eveytime Barney plays like crap.
                      a REAL bust is Kwame Brown, and even then bust is too weak a word to decribe brown, this guy is a waste of time and money. This guy would have been a waste of a draft pick regardless of where he was picked on the draftboard.

Barney isn't Kwame, but he ain't no top pick material either. And we aren't paying big money to get 2 rebounds a night, no I expect him to average at least 8 rebounds a night, so crappy performances like last night is unacceptable, period.
                      Last edited by matt; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                        Sarcasm never comes through on forums.
                        lol you're right, sarcasm never comes through on forums. My apologies if you were being sarcastic. It's just that the frustration from so many members on here defending him STILL ticks me off that you can never assume sarcasm in some of these posts.

Comment

• Too many people treat Bargnani like Tiger Woods treated Elin. Woods had a beautiful wife, family, and career. But because Elin wouldn't get downright dirrty, Tiger went elsewhere and looked at what has happened: wife and family gone with big part of his fortune and career in shambles.

Here we have a C who can do things hardly no other 7-footer in the league can do but has a phobia of doing the dirty work. Yet we don't look at the positives except to ridicule him (he shoots 3's! he drives from the perimeter! he scores in non-traditional ways for a centre!).

Essentially - instead of wishing/wanting/drooling over what the Raptors don't have, be thankful for what the Raptors do have.

Instead of looking at Bargnani's individual totals, lets focus on team totals. If other positional players can be put around him who are better than average rebounders at their positions, then Bargnani's deficiency is neutralized while the Raptors can still exploit his strengths. Also, if a better defensive system is put in play (which it appears has been done) and the Raps have better perimeter defenders (which it appears they do), his weak help defense may not be as much of a concern. Much of the problem with his help defense in the past was it was being needed so much. Perimeter players take care of their own more, Bargnani isn't looking like the chump who can't rotate as often.

Every player has individual strengths and weaknesses. It is the collective group working together to minimize weaknesses while maximizing strengths that ensure team success.

It is quite clear the Raptors are in transition. Let's see how things turn out this season before sending Bargnani packing. We already know he'll never be a top rebounder - time to get over it.

Comment

• Not sure how you can classify a guy a bust if he averaged 17PPG last year and currently 21 PPG this year. You could call him a disappointment depending on what your expectations were going into his career but a bust? Hell no. Busts a guys who have either washed out or at the most aren't contributing at a high level. Kwame Brown is a prime example or a couple closer to the heart, Hoffa and Michael Bradley.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                              Barney isn't Kwame, but he ain't no top pick material either. And we aren't paying big money to get 2 rebounds a night, no I expect him to average at least 8 rebounds a night, so crappy performances like last night is unacceptable, period.
                              You should ask for your money back then.

Comment

• unclesam wrote: View Post
                                It's just that the frustration from so many members on here defending him STILL ticks me off that you can never assume sarcasm in some of these posts.
                                I feel the same way about all the losers who come here day after day spreading the same nauseating shit about how he can't play. The dude is who he is, and he's not a grinder/rebounder. Thats's why the league has teams and not 1 on 1 competitions. Get over yourself and get over it. That shit is tired already.

Comment

Working...
                                X