• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurrah

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      hurrah
      Entirely possible that someone at NBA HQ misheard the trade and that got reported. (I mean, it worked in TradeMachine!)

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Entirely possible that someone at NBA HQ misheard the trade and that got reported. (I mean, it worked in TradeMachine!)
        so you mean its still in the works?

Comment

• Once Camby retires, can someone break down how it affects our cap situation? If we use stretch-clause and our amnesty, how much flexibility can we create now?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Once Camby retires, can someone break down how it affects our cap situation? If we use stretch-clause and our amnesty, how much flexibility can we create now?
            Current Salary Commitments are roughly 69 million after the trade

if we stretch Fields it goes down by 3.5
            if we amnesty Kleiza it goes down by 4.6
            if Camby retires it goes down by 4.4
            if we waive Lowry it goes down by 5.2

I believe this opens us up to use the Bi-Annual, MLE and Mini Mid Level.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT MY MATH I'M STILL TRYING TO GET THE HANG OF THE CBA.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Once Camby retires, can someone break down how it affects our cap situation? If we use stretch-clause and our amnesty, how much flexibility can we create now?
              The only thing that we can use to create long-term flexibility for Camby is the stretch clause. A simple buyout would still mean that Camby's salary would be counted against our cap for the amount we pay him this year. If Camby retires and it isn't because of injuries (which obviously it isn't) then his salary counts against our cap as well.

Basically we have to pay him off and kick him out the door.
              Last edited by magoon; Mon Jul 1, 2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

then his salary counts against our cap as well.
                Wonder if he would let us talk him into staying around until the trade deadline and shopping him to a contender?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  Current Salary Commitments are roughly 69 million after the trade

if we stretch Fields it goes down by 3.5
                  if we amnesty Kleiza it goes down by 4.6
                  if Camby retires it goes down by 4.4
                  if we waive Lowry it goes down by 5.2

I believe this opens us up to use the Bi-Annual, MLE and Mini Mid Level.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT MY MATH I'M STILL TRYING TO GET THE HANG OF THE CBA.
                  Why would we waive Lowry?
                  Still, you are saying (without the waiving Lowry part) that our Salary commitments are at 56.5million.. Does that give us ANY cap-space?

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    And goodbye Alan Anderson. I would imagine.
                    That would be consistent with the addition through subtraction strategy

Comment

The only thing that we can use to create long-term flexibility for Camby is the stretch clause. A simple buyout would still mean that Camby's salary would be counted against our cap for the amount we pay him this year. If Camby retires and it isn't because of injuries (which obviously it isn't) then his salary counts against our cap as well.

Basically we have to pay him off and kick him out the door.
                      wait a second, we still have to pay someone if they retire? are you sure? I thought the contract simply goes void?

Comment

Please refrain from having that man's face appear on my monitor.

Comment

Does that give us ANY cap-space?
                          I believe our cap space would be negligible

Comment

• Comment

wait a second, we still have to pay someone if they retire? are you sure? I thought the contract simply goes void?
                              From the CBA FAQ:

Any money paid to a player is included in team salary, even if the player is no longer playing or has retired.

There is one exception whereby a player can continue to receive his salary, but the salary is excluded from team salary. This is when a player suffers a career-ending injury or illness. The team must waive the player, and can apply for this salary exclusion on the one-year anniversary of the last game in which the player played1. Only the player's team at the time the injury or illness was discovered (or reasonably should have been discovered) can apply for this salary exclusion.

The determination as to whether an injury or illness is career ending is made by a physician jointly selected by the league and players association. The determination is based on whether the injury or illness will prevent the player from playing for the remainder of his career, or if it is severe enough that continuing to play constitutes a medically unacceptable risk.
                              You're probably confused a little by the fact that most player retirements are typically (and quietly) accompanied by contract buyouts.

Comment

I believe our cap space would be negligible
                                So there would be no reason in using the stretch-clause on Landry, because eitherway we will still have the MLE, mini mid-level, and bi-annual right?

Comment

Working...
                                X