Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I agree and my God that avatar is the most horrible thing I've seen in a while.
    Thanks bro!

Comment

• scruffz wrote: View Post
      Snooki's book is #1 in the NY times best seller list, would you listen to her if she had a seminar on current social issues? Probably not.
      Yes. Yes I would.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        Yes. Yes I would.
        The same reason i read Simmons. It would be funny.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Don't feed the Raptor Troll

Simmons loves to stir up Raptors fans because he know it will drive up his hit count and make for some hilarious "hater" comments that he can use in his next post.

Don't feed the Trolls

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
            The same reason i read Simmons. It would be funny.
            Clearly my point went over your head.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
              Ur still here? I thought the board took a poll and said no east coast fake raps fans allowed? Don't you have some kitchen party to go to?
              now THAT'S clever.

don't worry, i'll be 'here' long after you've ceased being a raptor fan, which i assume will be about 3 seconds after bargnani's tenure in TO ends. i just find you fanboys mindnumbingly vapid...like arguing with mormons about joseph smith...
              Last edited by yertu damkule; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 07:37 PM.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Out of complete curiosity, does anyone have the stats on how opposing centers HAVE done against Bargnani this year?

Comment

• i read simmons because i feel he has an accurate take on sports. that he is, at times, witty & funny, is simply a bonus. i'll take 10,000 simmonses who aren't completely full of themselves over arrogant twats like doug smith who cater to the lowest common denominator of basketball 'fans.'
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Bill Simmons, for the most part, is very funny, in my opinion. I wouldn't call him an expert, but he certainly knows what he's talking about most of the time and I'd take his opinion over most people's here, quite frankly. The guy has watched more basketball in his lifetime than 99.9999999999999999999% of Raptor fans. And he's got a good sense of humour. The guy does know his stuff and comparing him to people like Snookie (I had to look that one up) and Bush is moronic.

That said, I don't always agree with him, but he knows enough that I respect his opinion. Besides, his goal is humour, not necessarily insight. Sometimes the two coincide, as in this case.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• *shrugs shoulders* I like Bill Simmons.

Comment

• Although i loved Simmons book... multipaul isnt totally wrong about it either.... the celtics wankfest at the beginning was king of excruciating to get through at times... it went on and on, and the only conclusion i got from it was he wanted to dry hump bill russell

once you get past that though, really entertaining read..

and simmons loves riling up raps fans... we're a reactive bunch

Comment

• scruffz wrote: View Post
                          Clearly my point went over your head.
                          Clearly waaaayyy over my head. Oh right I get it now, you mean any idiot can write a best seller. Man I am soooo dumb. Im gonna try it out and let yall know how it goes!
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• The last couple of games he has been just putrid on the offense as well.
                            If Jay wasnt BC's b1tch he would be eating some pine for his absolutely disgusting effort on the defensive end.
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Comment

• My hatred of Simmons is not a new thing because he insulted Bargnani. If I disliked people who disliked Bargnani, I'd have maybe 6 people in this world as friends. As is, I just really really hate Simmons, ESPN, SPortsnet, TSN, hockey shows...basically this irritating "sports guy is frat guy is funny" culture which I think he personifies. I don't begrudge him his success, but his humor is so bleeding obvious and so typical of the asshats that run most sports channels who subscribe to infantile ideas of what consitutes "funny".

*adjusts monocle, sips brandy*

PS: Just for the record, I love the Score. They're douchebags, but they're well aware that they're nerdy douchebags and have genuine fun with it, unlike the overly made up and preening broadcasters on the other networks with the guitar wanking, bad puns, blond with perfect teeth, 22 hours a day of hockey, God I can't stand them. Oh, and the Score gave the Basketball Jones a home, which makes me happy.
                                "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                                -Newsradio

Comment

Working...
                                X