No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who doesn't like the way Indy is built?

I don't see why Bargnani needs to be traded unless it was for someone significantly better than him like Josh Smith or a high potential upcoming player like Derrick Williams.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Bleacher Report: Bargnani for Boozer?

I acknowledge the incredibly weak source, but it's been a slow week, and we need something new to discuss.

Boozer was mentioned in trade rumors before the deadline this past season and now he is rumored on the move again. The latest from Paul Grossinger of Bleacher Report suggests they make a deal with Toronto for Andrea Bargnani.

Both these players have under-performed and a change in scenery is possibly the best option. The Raptors would get a veteran that could help bring along the young front-court players in Toronto and Chicago would be better off without the distraction Boozer has become with his play.
      http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981352310

Keep in mind that Boozer is set to earn $15 million next season, while Bargnani will be earning $10 million. So a straight-up trade may not work.

Regardless of salary, would you make this trade?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I acknowledge the incredibly weak source, but it's been a slow week, and we need something new to discuss.

Keep in mind that Boozer is set to earn $15 million next season, while Bargnani will be earning $10 million. So a straight-up trade may not work.

Not in one million years.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Not in one million years.
          ditto.

as much as i'm not a fan of bargs, there are certainly players that i actually despise on a level that goes beyond basketball...and boozer is one of 'em.

not that they should or will, but they could do a straight-up trade. as TO is under the cap & can absorb more money. they probably have room to eat all of boozers contract (or close to it), so could - in theory - trade a pick or a low-$$ player for him. again, doing so makes zero sense....on a team like this, boozer puts them firmly in treadmill territory.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Boozer is npt worth it.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Stephen Jackson, Richard Jefferson, Andrea Bargnani

These 3 players make the same amount. You'd have to be crazy not to admit Bargnani has the most value out of the 3.

.... and further along the list were the names of Brendan Haywood and Charlie V ?? C'mon man.

.... and slightly above the list was Deandre Jordan; who can't make a midrange jumper to save his life.

Andrea has very good value associated with his salary.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

The question is, are the Bulls trying to get rid of Boozer, or targeting to acquire Bargnani?

If a team like the Bulls is interested in Bargnani, i'd be more inclined to keep him.

Comment

• The fact that they originally targeted Boozer at all should make you question Chicago's decision-making

Comment

The fact that they originally targeted Boozer at all should make you question Chicago's decision-making
                    Boozer was 20/12 and a ridiculous 57%FG his last season with Utah. He just declined.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Boozer was 20/12 and a ridiculous 57%FG his last season with Utah. He just declined.
                      Yeah but any armchair quarterback could have predicted that decline. I'm pretty sure I wrote a post about it at the time...just can't seem to find it. Maybe it was erased by mistake. :-)

Comment

• Plus Boozer was plagued by injuries the whole time he was in Utah. 20/12 looks great on paper, but when he's sitting on the sidelines, he's contributing 0/0.

Comment

• Bargnani serving pizza

Fitting?
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Andrea bargnani gots game,I hope they dont trade this guy.

Comment

• Bargnani fully recovered from leg injury

Andrea Bargnani is rested and finally healthy, still bitterly disappointed with how the last Raptor season unfolded and under no illusions about what awaits him this summer.

“Work,” the 7-foot forward said. “Lots of work. Getting better.”

Bargnani remains confounded by a season that could have been his best but instead turned into his worst. He was like a re-born big man at times, aggressive on defence and as effective as usual on offence before losing more than half of the abbreviated season to a series of left calf injuries.

He has been doing rehab and training, getting back to normal in Toronto, since the season ended (“I’ve been around the city, I have a few friends here, I really enjoy Toronto,” he said) and he’s back to 100 per cent.

“No more treatment to do,” he said. “It’s good to be 100 per cent again so I can start to work this summer.”

The enthusiasm in Bargnani’s voice is palpable in a short telephone conversation. He talks about almost constant contact with Raptors director sports science Alex McKechnie to keep his training regimen going and a constant dialogue with head coach Dwane Casey.

There is disappointment when Bargnani talks about last season; it dissipates quickly when the conversation switches to next year.

“The feelings for last year are the same but I am really positive about next season, I wish we could start tomorrow,” he said.

If he can fit it into his schedule — and there are a few tugs on his time back in his homeland — the Italian hopes to at least make an appearance at a mini-camp the Raptors will hold for free agents in Las Vegas before the team’s July appearance at the summer league.

Bargnani, if he goes, will join a host of Raptors veterans who will get some individual workouts in with members of the team’s coaching and training staffs, a key component to an off-season program the franchise was robbed of a year ago thanks to the prolonged NBA lockout.

It will be a good leg up on next fall’s training camp, the first time Casey will have a full month before the season to work with the team.

It remains to be seen, of course, who might be on that team. Toronto will get an idea of its draft prospects after Wednesday’s lottery, general manager Bryan Colangelo could be active in July’s free agent market and trade talks are sure to heat up.

Bargnani isn’t about to suggest what kind of specific improvements he wants to see.

“I’m just glad that’s not my job,” he said. “I don’t think about it; everybody has to trust and have confidence in Bryan.”

And Colangelo can work some magic this summer like he did on his first year on the job — when he added nine new faces and saw the team’s win total leap from 27 one year to 47 the next — Bargnani can spend next spring doing something more than working out and hanging with friends.

“I watch the playoffs, it’s been a long time and I’m always reminded of what it was like,” he said. “I’m reminded every day of what a great feeling that is and I want it again.”
                              http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rom-leg-injury

Comment

• I read that article this morning, I like the fact that he has been in Toronto since the season ended. I sure hope he plays 82 games next year.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X