Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ed and DeMar are excellent building blocks. I think they can land a very nice PG or wing for Bargnani. This draft is loaded with bigs and so we all need to start looking at them because where the Raptors are probably picking, chances are there's a new lottery big man heading to Toronto.
    If we can get Raymond Felton (since he wants a starting job and he is a backup in Denver) and Wilson Chandler or Aaron Afflalo from a Bargs trade - that trade will not be bad imo. I don't see how the Denver Nuggets are going to pay Nene Hilario, Kenyon Martin, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Afflalo imo.

Comment

• When this happens i will believe it for now its a rumor .thats just it A RUMOR

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Are you upset that no one is loving your Rap Boyz in Weems and Bargnani? I'm still can't figure out your obsession with these two.
        Him and raptors4life have foursomes with those 2 everynight.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          Him and raptors4life have foursomes with those 2 everynight.
          Was that really necessary? Can we please keep this civil?

Comment

• malefax wrote: View Post
            I wonder if his 0 rebounds might have something to do with the bone spurs in his ankle that caused him to miss the clippers game on the very next day.

Nah, that would make too much sense.
            he has zero every game have an excuses for that?

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
              I believe you’re quite mistaken. Andrea had an arguably more productive rookie year then Ed in the same amount of minutes. As well he never had the opportunity Ed has had until this year. Ed has been given every opportunity to develop his game in his ROOKIE YEAR because we are a rebuilding team and have had nothing to play for all year. Andrea although he technically has played 5 years in the NBA we could argue he's never had a defined role or purpose until this year. If you look at his stats from previous years you'd be able to understand he has been misused and underdeveloped by his previous coaches and circumstances and his numbers reflect this (random and no consistency). Unlike Ed who have been given the green light from day 1 Andrea had to earn his playing time because the Raptors were playoff contenders and had veterans who needed minutes. The goal was making the playoffs as appose to developing young players. Who knows where Andrea's game would be today if we treated him like Ed from day 1. I consider this season a benchmark year for Andrea, just like it has been for Demar and a lesser extend Ed. If anything you should be judging his future based upon this year not his previous 4. And because of this I believe he has the a higher ceiling than Ed.
              We'll have to disagree on Bargnani development. Bargnani has played over 30mins per game for three years now with a green light the last 3 years as well. He has regressed defensively this year. You can't teach effort, unfortunately.

In his rookie year he played over 25 mins per game. Ed has played 23.

Ed has been routinely ignored or fifth option on O. He has made his name with hustle, D, and creating his own opportunities on O.

In my opinion what you see is what you get with Bargnani whereas ED is still an unknown.

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
                If we can get Raymond Felton (since he wants a starting job and he is a backup in Denver) and Wilson Chandler or Aaron Afflalo from a Bargs trade - that trade will not be bad imo. I don't see how the Denver Nuggets are going to pay Nene Hilario, Kenyon Martin, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Afflalo imo.
                I would be surprised to see Martin and, to a lesser extent, Chandler back.

BTW, that Bargnani trade would be great.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  We'll have to disagree on Bargnani development. Bargnani has played over 30mins per game for three years now with a green light the last 3 years as well. He has regressed defensively this year. You can't teach effort, unfortunately.

In his rookie year he played over 25 mins per game. Ed has played 23.

Ed has been routinely ignored or fifth option on O. He has made his name with hustle, D, and creating his own opportunities on O.

In my opinion what you see is what you get with Bargnani whereas ED is still an unknown.
                  Yea we'll have to disagree again. I think Bargnani has made big strides defensivly. His rebounds might not show it. But you have to look beyond the defensive numbers. Guarding your man, drawing charges etc.. His job isan't to rebound, but I beleive he can improve his rebounding if he puts his mind to it.

Ed is not ignored he just has a very raw offensive game thats nobody's fault but his own. Sure he might improve but lets be real when he does he'll also have to face a different defensive animal.

Yea with Bargnani what you see is what you get. A top 10 scorer (if need be) A center if need be who can guard almost any big in the league. (If need be)
                  Better scenario: powerforward who is the teams secondary scorer and makes the game much easier for our primary star whoever that may be and everyone else.

Comment

• going through a entire game with 0 rebounds when so many shots were put up is kinda bad for a 7'0 footer. We just can't win like that no matter how many points he puts up. I am pretty sure he is a good guy and all that but if we can make something to help the team be better especially on the defensive side of the ball we have to do it.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      going through a entire game with 0 rebounds when so many shots were put up is kinda bad for a 7'0 footer. We just can't win like that no matter how many points he puts up. I am pretty sure he is a good guy and all that but if we can make something to help the team be better especially on the defensive side of the ball we have to do it.
                      You meant to say going an entire game when the opposing team is allowed to shoot 90% until garbage time is kinda bad, as a result there were very few rebounds available and as a result a player who averges 5-6 boards a game had none which also had no effect on the outcome or our horrible team defence / amazing (lucky) opposing team's shooting.
                      Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Is it just me or are we getting this reversed? Wouldn't it be more likely that if Walsh leaves the Knicks, that New York will then sign BC to a new contract and renew acquaintances with D'Antoni. Also, with BC at the helm, he would then approach his replacement in TO to get Bargs in New York since they need a center that can also space the floor for them (giving both Anthony and Stoudemire room to maneuver, while Bargs returns to his old form as a 3-point shooting center)? To me, my guts says it points to that.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Is it just me or are we getting this reversed? Wouldn't it be more likely that if Walsh leaves the Knicks, that New York will then sign BC to a new contract and renew acquaintances with D'Antoni. Also, with BC at the helm, he would then approach his replacement in TO to get Bargs in New York since they need a center that can also space the floor for them (giving both Anthony and Stoudemire room to maneuver, while Bargs returns to his old form as a 3-point shooting center)? To me, my guts says it points to that.
                          haha i just posted a similar comment in the other thread.

I said this trade will happen in two sperate transaction

Transacaton #1 Bargnani is trade to NY for a bunch of scraps (who rapotors fans will love)
                          Transactions #2 Colangelo will be signed to a mulit year deal as preident and gm of NY

Everyone will be happy

Raptors fans because we get rid of Bargnani

Knicks fans because they get a big three and become instant championship contenders for years to come

And colangelo is happy because he finally gets to trade Bargnani, but only to leaverage his own contract hahaha

and id be happy because all the haters would be left to wonder what if?

Comment

• If i had to guess....
                            Colangelo was told he would only be extended if bargnani is traded.
                            I tihnk bargnani and Alabi will be traded to denver for raymond felton and mosgov perhaps. Bargnani would do well at PF with a center like Nene. Uijiri would be reunited with solomon alabi.
                            the raptors will get d'antoni as the head coach next year, who was successful in NY with felton and mosgov who both already know the system.

A Felton, Derozan , Davis trio would be pretty awsome along with cvomplementary pieces Ajohnson, JJohnson, Barbosa.
                            Starting lineup:
                            PG-Felton
                            SG-Derozan
                            Sf-possible rookie (Barnes/Dilliams, if he declares)
                            Pf- Davis
                            C-possible rookie (Jonas Valanciunas/Kanter) or mosgov.

pure speculation but thats the gut feeling i have.

I would be happy to have d'antoni here. pheonix had alot of success with him as coach in the past and that was in the very tough westrn confrence.
                            Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              You know ED is a 21 year old big man who had wrist injury last year and knee injury to start this season who has a soft touch and developing jump shot who is shooting 60% from field and who had 19 and 21 points in last two games?

To say he has a gap in his offensive game is very premature in my opinion.
                              lol +1 im glad you said it , it saved me some typing lol . demar and ed are both very youngand have been doing very well in their first and second year. how are they not great players to build around. look at this season, bargs isnt the player BC hgad hoped. he is a very good player but its not working well for the team.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                                lol +1 im glad you said it , it saved me some typing lol . demar and ed are both very youngand have been doing very well in their first and second year. how are they not great players to build around. look at this season, bargs isnt the player BC hgad hoped. he is a very good player but its not working well for the team.
                                lol you just have very low expectations this year because we suck and its a rebuild. 7 points 6 boards is nothing to fantasize over. But I know the story he's a rookie just wait till he gets expereince more playing time etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X