No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel if Bargnani actually played really well with the Knicks?

Personally, I'm not quite sure how I would feel. It would definitely feel bittersweet. I would be happy that he finally found his touch, but at the same time really bitter that he couldn't do this when he was here...

Comment

• Fine. They're a better team. We always said he might thrive off the bench. He never really got the chance to do it here. As long as it's not against us. Then again....maybe that would be ok #wiggins

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        I think Knicks have right to protect pick even if its swap pick, don't they ?
        Nope, no protection. But if Denver has a better record then NY, then we get Denver's 2016 pick instead. In other words we get the least desirable of NY or Denver's first rounder in 2016. If NY and Denver are both in the lottery, the Raptors are getting a lottery pick.

Comment

• First, define "played really well". For Bargnani, that could mean just about anything if you mean relative to his performance with Toronto. I'd probably feel not much since he wasn't playing "really well" here. Bad fit, bad player, whatever. Hypothetically, I'd probably give the Knicks credit for putting him in a position to succeed, hope the Raptors do well with their draft picks from the trade and move on.

Comment

• You mean like, average 10 and 5?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Wouldnt care in the slightest, Bargnani just never fit over here. He deserves a new life in the NBA, Id be more than happy to see him succeed.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I'd love to see MU flip Novak & Camby & the 2016 1st round pick to LAC for Bledsoe & Butler (and Q-Rich if he's needed to match salaries again). I'd even include NY's 2017 2nd round pick, to further sweeten the pot.

Novak would give LAC a cheaper Bargnani-esque stretch-4. Camby would be give them a veteran backup C. LAC would save about $2M this season, with only Novak guaranteed beyond this season.
                Then why wouldn't they have just done a 3-way with the clips as the third?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  man Knicks have A LOT of money paying Carmel Amare and Bargnani now goddam! they have the money teams like Bobcats and Sacramento dream of.

I HAD A DRINK YESTERDAY WHEN BARGS WAS TRADED well a couple it was good news had to have something.
                  You forgot Chandler...and he makes more than Bargs.

Comment

• I'm so tired of you guys with yourcolangelo bashing. The guy is gone, let it go... plus, I would put money that you were all praising him at the beggining like you do with ujiri.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• +1 on Colangelo bashing.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I'd love to see MU flip Novak & Camby & the 2016 1st round pick to LAC for Bledsoe & Butler (and Q-Rich if he's needed to match salaries again). I'd even include NY's 2017 2nd round pick, to further sweeten the pot.

Novak would give LAC a cheaper Bargnani-esque stretch-4. Camby would be give them a veteran backup C. LAC would save about $2M this season, with only Novak guaranteed beyond this season.
                        Novak and camby can only be traded individually for 2 months.

Q-rich will not be eligible to be traded until dec 15 I believe. Technically a free agent signing.

Comment

• just thinking out loud we all complain about how with demar and gay on the floor the floor isnt spread. a starting lineup of Lowry, Demar, Rudy, Novak and JV i think spreads the floor just fine. This also puts Amir back on the bench which he plays as hard as he can no matter start or bench which alot cant. I think its a realistic lineup and Amir will still get starters like minutes and just be our 6th man.

Thoughts?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            I'm so tired of you guys with yourcolangelo bashing. The guy is gone, let it go... plus, I would put money that you were all praising him at the beggining like you do with ujiri.
                            Very much agreed.

No more bargnani bashing either.... Even when he lights it up for New York

Comment

• Yet another writer confused about what the Knicks thought they were accomplishing.

Just an excerpt:

Plus, while Bargnani profiles as a stretch four in today's NBA, meaning his addition would seem to jive (to some degree) with the small-ball identity the Knicks fashioned last year, if the addition of another power forward winds up pushing Anthony down to small forward more often, that would seem to run counter to the Melo-at-the-four plus one big and three shooters/playmakers strategy. So while the Knicks might not have given up much on-court value in the swap, they might not have added much, either.

And then, of course, you think about the future.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                                just thinking out loud we all complain about how with demar and gay on the floor the floor isnt spread. a starting lineup of Lowry, Demar, Rudy, Novak and JV i think spreads the floor just fine. This also puts Amir back on the bench which he plays as hard as he can no matter start or bench which alot cant. I think its a realistic lineup and Amir will still get starters like minutes and just be our 6th man.

Thoughts?
                                I don't think Novak is a starter.

This is team building like colangelo did: insert a flawed player to correct another flawed player.

It doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X