Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If Bargs didn't get the O back on track we'd of lost the game, Jose's O and Amir's D lead to the lead being cut from 17 to 3 in 10 min.
    If DeMar didn't help carry the offense in the first half, the Raptors wouldn't have gotten the big lead they did. And without his big shot with less than 2 minutes left, when New Orleans had some momentum, the Raptors lose. Without Ed Davis coming in to replace a useless Bargnani in the first half, the Raptors don't get the lead. Without James Johnson coming up big on defense and on the boards, the Raptors don't win.

EVERYONE had a big part in the Raptor's win.

The best player on the court tonight was Jose Calderon. The second best player on the court was probably Amir Johnson.

If you want to say Bargnani hit some big shots in the fourth, great. No one can argue with that. But Bargnani missed as many shots as he made in the fourth (he went 3-6), including finishing the game 1 for 3. And the last 3 Raptors to score were Calderon (6 points), Amir, and DeRozan, so saying he CARRIED the team is, well, crap. Sorry. That's the only word I could think of.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

BTW 3 of Jose's point came off the Bargs assist and Bargs also took a charge in mid/late 4th.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        True that. Where are all the Amir haters now who said that BC over paid for his contract?
        Writing for ESPN.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          How does someone get twice as many blocks as your Center gets rebounds? Does anyone else find that frustrating! I mean don't get me wrong. I love the blocks but come on, 3 rebounds from a 7 footer? What gives?
          What are you, new?

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

BTW 3 of Jose's point came off the Bargs assist and Bargs also took a charge in mid/late 4th.
            You fan boys are ridiculous. And you wonder why people don't respect what you say.

Bargnani was a non-presence tonight at either end.

I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
              You fan boys are ridiculous. And you wonder why people don't respect what you say.

Bargnani was a non-presence tonight at either end.

I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).
              And the "fans boys" should respect comments like this?

Andrea was still not recovered from the flu and playing less than 100%. We all know that we want more rebounds from him and better defense, but he did affect the game, his presence on the floor does open it it up for teammates and he did draw a great charge late in the game. Did he play great, no, does he deserve all the crap he gets, no, does he deserve all the unconditional love he get. no.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• jamesk wrote: View Post
                He's not in his mid-twenties yet and he will get better and better. His prime is on the horizon. Trade him now and you'll all be screaming "never trade a big man before he's finished developing".
                Andrea Bargnani is 25 (thus, "mid-twenties"). Players usually have developed by now (yes, they sometimes get a bit bitter 26-28, but not materially).

Sources:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Bargnani
                "We find that player performance in the NBA tends to peak around 24 and 25. There is a small decline until the late 20s, and then a faster decline in the 30s."
                http://3sob.com/archives/49-april-20...bling-on-winsq
                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  And the "fans boys" should respect comments like this?

Andrea was still not recovered from the flu and playing less than 100%. We all know that we want more rebounds from him and better defense, but he did affect the game, his presence on the floor does open it it up for teammates and he did draw a great charge late in the game. Did he play great, no, does he deserve all the crap he gets, no, does he deserve all the unconditional love he get. no.
                  Oh I don't expect the blind to suddenly see. I by no means think the fan boys would respect a comments like that, because they are convinced he somehow had an impact on the game. I mean if him standing around the 3pt line makes him a presence...

Last nights game was a slightly below average game from Bargnani. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

• the team won, yet the whiney vaginas still have to cry.. a couple legit arguments, but for the most part this just ridiculous

this blatant bargs hating belongs in the bargs thread with the rest of the bargs BS

Comment

• Ranly wrote: View Post
                      For the life of me, I don't know why the Raptor fans and management wants to get rid of Calderon. Because he was hurt last year,he wasn't the best defender in the NBA. This year he has improved. He should be our starting point guard and management should bring in someone to compliment his weakness.We need a back up point with speed to compliment him.
                      I would argue the someone to come in to complement him would be a better C to clog the lane for those that blow by him. Calderon's weaknesses are far less apparent when Bargnani is not play C, and in my opinion his strengths highlighted since it does not take deft passing to throw to a 7 footer at the 3pt line.
                      RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      If Bargs didn't get the O back on track we'd of lost the game, Jose's O and Amir's D lead to the lead being cut from 17 to 3 in 10 min.
                      Wow, really man?
                      Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      If DeMar didn't help carry the offense in the first half, the Raptors wouldn't have gotten the big lead they did. And without his big shot with less than 2 minutes left, when New Orleans had some momentum, the Raptors lose. Without Ed Davis coming in to replace a useless Bargnani in the first half, the Raptors don't get the lead. Without James Johnson coming up big on defense and on the boards, the Raptors don't win.

EVERYONE had a big part in the Raptor's win.

The best player on the court tonight was Jose Calderon. The second best player on the court was probably Amir Johnson.

If you want to say Bargnani hit some big shots in the fourth, great. No one can argue with that. But Bargnani missed as many shots as he made in the fourth (he went 3-6), including finishing the game 1 for 3. And the last 3 Raptors to score were Calderon (6 points), Amir, and DeRozan, so saying he CARRIED the team is, well, crap. Sorry. That's the only word I could think of.
                      Agree 100%

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

And yet, he lost a rebound to NOs' 2 guard in the 4th!

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                      One rebound he looked so surprised a ball fell into his hands his mouth almost closed!

Comment

• It looked a few times like Calderon took the game into his own hands, by that I mean not following Triano's lead, and that is a big reason for the good showing. He has been visibly upset at the lack of 'vision' Triano has for the game (especially for a supposed x's and o's guy), and every play called (well at least at times I was watching) there was lots of standing around, no movement, pass the ball...that player moves around and looks for an opening, pass the ball...THAT player moves around looks for an opening. The other 4 stand around.

This from a team that was 'built' to push the ball and play up tempo.

Great win, love the play from the team.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                          When a team has only 7 offensive rebounds for the game, everyone did their part to keep them off the glass. As a C, Bargnani is included. Rebounding is one of those categories that are individual and team oriented.

3 rebounds is still brutal but at least he did not cause the other team to get numerous second chance points. The last meeting on MLK day, Okafor had 16 rebs (12 offensive), West had 10 (4 offensive), and the team had 19 offensive rebounds.

Oh yeah, the Raps won, beating a playoff bound team. Seems they are damned if they win and damned if they lose.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Mar 2, 2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Oh yeah, the Raps won, beating a playoff bound team. Seems they are damned if they win and damned if they lose.
                            When you say They should that be dammed if we win dammed if we lose? lol

Comment

• Another moronic post.

Without Bargs we lose the game, so STFU.

PS- why is this obvious "hate on bargs" post not in the Everything Bargnani forum.

How about I make a post: Bargs had more points than Bayless, what's up with that?

or...

Barbosa had more assists than Weems, what's up with that!

This is the most redundant post ever.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Another moronic post.

Without Bargs we lose the game, so STFU.

PS- why is this obvious "hate on bargs" post not in the Everything Bargnani forum.

How about I make a post: Bargs had more points than Bayless, what's up with that?

or...

Barbosa had more assists than Weems, what's up with that!

This is the most redundant post ever.
                                If it's redundant then there is a need to address the issue, which is a 7 footer who can't or refuses to rebound for his paycheck!

Comment

Working...
                                X