No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I think Amir Johnson is a far better candidate to be the starting PF than Carlos Boozer. Amir is only 25 years old and most cases players haven't hit their prime yet at that age. In terms of this coming season and beyond, I'd rather see him in that role than someone like Boozer.

If you're into advanced stats, then I think it's clear that at the very least he's on par with Boozer now. Boozer is on the decline.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Personally I think Amir Johnson is a far better candidate to be the starting PF than Carlos Boozer. Amir is only 25 years old and most cases players haven't hit their prime yet at that age. In terms of this coming season and beyond, I'd rather see him in that role than someone like Boozer.

If you're into advanced stats, then I think it's clear that at the very least he's on par with Boozer now. Boozer is on the decline.
      The one benefit Boozer has over Amir is his offensive repertoire. Boozer attracts double-teams, which would only help Casey's predictable, ISO-heavy schemes.

After 8 years, Amir still doesn't have a reliable "go to" move in the post.

Comment

• You're assuming Boozer doesn't regress. He's 31, he's battled injuries at times in the past and his efficiency dipped in 2012/2013. One could argue the best times are in his past. I don't see teams sending doubles to him on a regular basis moving forward.

I'd much rather see the team develop Amir over bringing in Boozer right now. They could use Bargnani to bring in something else from somewhere else; that is unless there's a lot more to the move than this. If they're planning to hit the FA market in 2015 or if they plan to market his expiring contract then to bring in new assets then yeah maybe...

Comment

If you go get the perspective of those fans who watch him every night they're calling him a bum.

On the flip side they're clamoring over Bargnani... Some of them feel Bargnani is a much better defender ha, ha. Poor Boozer, it's like being told that a rock is better at debates than you.
          Boozer is a more efficient scorer and miles better rebounder no question. With that said Andrea is the better defender no question. Boozer gets exposed with Noah, Deng and Bulter on the floor while Dre looked better on that end with stand outs such as Jose and Demar. This is by no means a compliment to Dre rather then pointing out who brutal Boozer is on that end of the floor.

Comment

• I think the ship has sailed on trading for Boozer as it doesn't sound like we're planning on contending next year. The 3 way where we get Hump and a draft pick sounds good to me. If Bargs can bring back a 1 year deal and a draft pick I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

After reading that thread what I can confirm is the following:
              1. Bulls fans don't have a sweet clue about Andrea Bargnanai.
              2. Raptors fans who are in support of Boozer coming here for any reason other than to create flexibility need to watch more film; you're trading a mixed bag of junk for a mixed bag of junk.
              How true, BUT one at least appears to give a shit & tries.
              As much as I think Boozer would be an improvement (at least in terms of rebounding & possibly SLIGHTLY better team D), I firmly believe that Bulls are desperate to unload Booz (owner too cheap to amnesty). Thus, I would only do it iff Kleiza and/or Lucas are included -would not mind Rip coming back with just 1 year and 1 mill guaranteed.
              Last edited by Mapko; Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

If you go get the perspective of those fans who watch him every night they're calling him a bum.

On the flip side they're clamoring over Bargnani... Some of them feel Bargnani is a much better defender ha, ha. Poor Boozer, it's like being told that a rock is better at debates than you.
                IMO Bargs lack of help D was accentuated a lot with us due to Jose, Demar... (ie all poor defenders that REQUIRED somebody to help & clean up the mess -Bargnani is clearly not that player).
                With Bulls, you have Butler, Deng, Rose & Noah -help not needed as nearly as much.

Comment

• DeMar is a good help defender and under stands the rotations well hes awful for one on ones though, Jose was bad at both but at least tried and tried hard Bargnani was just lethargic......He didnt care about letting the team down.

Comment

• Would you trade Bargs for Lin?

This is a pretty outrageous question and I know the trade is hardly in the works or even thought about, but if you were Masai would you trade Bargs for Lin I mean we need a backup pg but I'm not sure if I would want Lin.
                    Sorry for posting this a mate just asked me today and I wasn't to sure what I would do!

Comment

• Houston would never do that lol
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I'm pretty meh on this trade. At this point, I would want anything for Bargnani. This fills a need, helps with marketing the Chinese community, and we save some money from this trade. On the other hand, the contract is not any short than Bargnani and Lin doesn't play that much better either. For a backup PG, he's not that much better than Lucas at 8 times the salary. Unfortunately, the Rockets won't do this trade. They are trying to pursue CP3 and Howard. With this trade, they are actually locked into more salary, so they won't do this. Not to mention that the contract isn't any shorter. So as a Raptors fan, I don't really care for this trade since Lin hasn't played well since New York. But, he'll contribute more than Bargnani right?

P.S. You posted in the wrong place. You should have posted this in "Raptors Trade Proposal".

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          P.S. You posted in the wrong place. You should have posted this in "Raptors Trade Proposal".
                          woops my bad man Moderators my bad feel free to move it!

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            Houston would never do that lol
                            Yeah I know man like I said it was hypothetical

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              I'm pretty meh on this trade. At this point, I would want anything for Bargnani. This fills a need, helps with marketing the Chinese community, and we save some money from this trade. On the other hand, the contract is not any short than Bargnani and Lin doesn't play that much better either. For a backup PG, he's not that much better than Lucas at 8 times the salary. Unfortunately, the Rockets won't do this trade. They are trying to pursue CP3 and Howard. With this trade, they are actually locked into more salary, so they won't do this. Not to mention that the contract isn't any shorter. So as a Raptors fan, I don't really care for this trade since Lin hasn't played well since New York. But, he'll contribute more than Bargnani right?

ughh...

Player A: 44 FG% 34 3FG% 3.0 RPG 6.1 APG 1.6 SPG 2.88 TPG 13.4 PPG -- 31 MPG

Player B: 39 FG% 38 3FG% 1.0 RPG 1.7 APG 0.4 SPG 0.40 TPG 5.30 PPG -- 13 MPG (PER 36M: 2.8R, 4.6A, 1.0S, 1.1T, 14.5P)

Player C: 40 FG% 36 3FG% 4.7 RPG 6.4 APG 1.4 SPG 2.30 TPG 11.6 PPG -- 30 MPG

The question is, 'is Lin marginally better than Lucas, while making 8 times the salary?'

How about a new question, is Kyle Lowry (Player C) marginally WORSE than Lin (Player A)? [Lower fg%, lower ppg, lower spg)

And, is Lucas (Player B) even COMPARABLE to the other two? Even with per36 [which usually jacks up a players projected stats], he has less rebounds, assists, steals, and FG% than the other two.

Lin off the bench would be interesting, for Bargs, HELL YEAH I would go with Lin.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• For Bargnani, the answer should always be yes.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X