Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Nevermind Tim. This is a repetitious love fest between Paul and dunk. Surprised RF4L isn't in on this too. Crazy to argue when they have blinders on. I took a break from this thread just because it was just more of the same (that goes for the hate too) and find this useless once again.
    Right.
    So someone disagrees with you and suddenly they have "blinders" on. Nice one.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Nevermind Tim. This is a repetitious love fest between Paul and dunk. Surprised RF4L isn't in on this too. Crazy to argue when they have blinders on. I took a break from this thread just because it was just more of the same (that goes for the hate too) and find this useless once again.
      more like a bargnani love fest

Comment

• I have absolutely no problem with people liking Bargnani. Go ahead and do so. I like lots of things that other people don't like. Hell, I'm a basketball fan who doesn't like hockey and I live in Canada. But I don't go on and on about how great basketball is, in comparison to hockey.

As for Bargnani being a great player, he's not. Plain and simple. If you can find a respected basketball person who says that Bargnani is a great NBA player, I'll cease criticizing him. If he was great., he would have made the All-Star team. If he was great, he'd do more than just score. If he was great, the Raptors record would be a lot better than it actually is. If he were great, the vast majority of fans would not become so frustrated with him. If he were a great player, the vast majority of advanced statistics would not paint him as anything but an average player, at best.

Bargnani is a very good offensive player. I'd even let you say he's a great one- I don't agree, but I'd give you that one. But basketball is more than just scoring. Especially for a big man. Bargnani is undeniably a poor defensive player and rebounder. No matter if you are a fan or not, you can't argue that he is anything but that.

Great players are great at more than just one thing. Especially if they are so poor in others.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I have absolutely no problem with people liking Bargnani. Go ahead and do so. I like lots of things that other people don't like. Hell, I'm a basketball fan who doesn't like hockey and I live in Canada. But I don't go on and on about how great basketball is, in comparison to hockey.

As for Bargnani being a great player, he's not. Plain and simple. If you can find a respected basketball person who says that Bargnani is a great NBA player, I'll cease criticizing him. If he was great., he would have made the All-Star team. If he was great, he'd do more than just score. If he was great, the Raptors record would be a lot better than it actually is. If he were great, the vast majority of fans would not become so frustrated with him. If he were a great player, the vast majority of advanced statistics would not paint him as anything but an average player, at best.

Bargnani is a very good offensive player. I'd even let you say he's a great one- I don't agree, but I'd give you that one. But basketball is more than just scoring. Especially for a big man. Bargnani is undeniably a poor defensive player and rebounder. No matter if you are a fan or not, you can't argue that he is anything but that.

Great players are great at more than just one thing. Especially if they are so poor in others.
          Ur so full of angst Tim. I cant figure you out, seriously, something happened with you and Bargs, really, it must have. You don't just criticize the man, you loathe him and abhor those who say they like him.

Guess what, I think he's a great player, and since they drafted him, he has brought a very unique and intersting skillset to the table. He has gotten bigger , more physical, and has made some highlight reel plays.

Personally, I don't care if you will "let me" like Bargs. I also would love to hear your definition of a "respected basketball person". I know Wayne Winston said Bargs is an All Star, and you suddenly said Wayne Winston's stats are invalid and useless. That was crazy, Winston is employed by the Mavs and reports to Mark Cuban directly. Yah, the Mavs, 1st place in the West Mavs!!!

Believe it or not, ppl are allowed to like things. I can only imagine if you have kids one day, and your son or daughter likes Justin Bieber or some music you hate. Will you constantly tell them "BIEBER SUCKS EVERY RESPECTED MUSICIAN THINKS SO" ?

I respect you and your opinions. Many times, I agree with you. I think on Bargs, we will never agree.

More than likely, AB will get traded, so these arguments will stop and next year we can argue about other players like DD or Amir or whomever.

Anyways, like I said I respect your basketball accumen, on this one, we just don't see eye to eye.
          Last edited by Multipaul; Wed Mar 30, 2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Do you think it was a mistake for houston to take thabeet to get memphis first round pick? it would be pretty much the same situation for anyone going after oden

Comment

• Oden is a restricted free agent. He can sign where ever he wants as long as the Blazers don't match. They won't match unless they can afford to keep him at that price.

Comment

• RotoWorld slams Bargnani; prove them wrong Big Man!

Andrea Bargnani (ankle) will be a game-time decision for Wednesday's game against the Bucks.
                Bargnani is dealing with bone spurs in his ankle. He's among the softer players in the league, so if it's close we suspect the sharpshooter will sit this one out. Reggie Evans, Amir Johnson and Ed Davis are all chomping at the bit to play.
                http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...rea-bargnani/1

Comment

• I realize I'm not a moderator, but humbly, respectfully-

"Everything Bargnani"

no?

Comment

• A thought just came to my head can't a offer be made that is a incentive driven contract where say 1 mil is guaranteed and the other 7 mil is only available to him if he plays x amount of games and/or produces x amount of stats and/or the team wins x amount of games? or does his new contract have to be fully guaranteed to get him from Portland?

Comment

• Wayne Winston says that Jason Terry and Kyle Lowry are better than Kobe Bryant, Manu Ginobili, Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker. He also says that Bargnani, Bogut, Lopez and Amir Johnson are better than Dwight Howard. Damn right, I'd say his numbers are flawed. More to the point, why don't you? And why doesn't he realize there is a flaw in his system? And does it not make you think for a second that the only advanced stats that say that Bargnani is anything more than an average player seems to not make sense?

I'm not saying Wayne Winston doesn't know what he's talking about, but his adjusted +/- stats system doesn't work. Plain and simple. And even he would be the first to tell you that they don't tell the whole story.

As for Bargnani, I don't hate him and continuing to say I do is simply a way to pretend my argument doesn't have validity. If you classify me as a "hater" you convince yourself you don't have to listen to my argument. It's a way to wrap yourself in ignorance. I could say things like, "you must want to have sex with Bargnani, because you obviously love him so much." But I don't because that's not a debate about the facts and has no place in an intelligent discussion.

I'm a fan of Amir, but I don't ignore his faults and pretend he's something he's not. I think he's a fine player, with limited upside, but someone who consistently makes a positive impact on the game. And pretty much every advanced stat backs me up on this.

I also like DeRozan, but will fully admit he's not a good defensive player and generally doesn't have much of a positive impact on the game. And advanced stats back me up on this, as well. I do believe he has the potential to continue to improve and eventually make a positive impact on the game, which is why I still like him. The fact that he's just finished his second year and made big improvements since he was drafted back me up on this. Two years from now, if he's still not a good defensive player, I'll be the the first in line to call for him to be traded. What I won't do is ignore all evidence to the contrary and call anyone who disagrees with me a hater.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Right.
                        So someone disagrees with you and suddenly they have "blinders" on. Nice one.
                        It's simply that you do not see his deficiencies at all based upon your repeated posts. I say you have blinders on because you think he puts forward effort every game, and if he doesn't he must be ill or injured. Many professional players play ill or injured, but still put forth an effort. You deny Bargnani has a deficiency here so I say you have blinders on.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I have absolutely no problem with people liking Bargnani. Go ahead and do so. I like lots of things that other people don't like. Hell, I'm a basketball fan who doesn't like hockey and I live in Canada. But I don't go on and on about how great basketball is, in comparison to hockey.

Tim, take a breath, these kids are going to give you a coronary.

Comment

• hes suiting up for the game today, HES BIG TIME TOUGH

Comment

• lets hope he does, though i dont know what hes got to do to restore his reputation though....

Comment

• all he needs to do is post a line of 50 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 blocks then maybe the haters will forgive him

Comment

• The Rawth wrote: View Post
                                all he needs to do is post a line of 50 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 blocks then maybe the haters will forgive him
                                Sadly that would not be near enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X