No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One problem I see is that inside the top seven guys you typically see tossed around you have six guys who may end up being PF's in the NBA. Two of them might be centers (Valanciunas & Enes Kanter) but it's hard to say. On a team who is heavily invested in three big men already, this isn't a great draft to have a high pick unless there's going to be a shake up that sees either Bargnani, Amir Johnson or Ed Davis leaving town. Out of those three I think Amir is the least safe given that Ed will probably become a better player than him and Amir is the only one out of the three who wasn't drafted by Colangelo. Down further in the draft we see guys who could help certain positions like Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette, Harrison Barnes, and Terrence Jones. I could see Colangelo moving down if he doesn't get Irving.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      One problem I see is that inside the top seven guys you typically see tossed around you have six guys who may end up being PF's in the NBA. Two of them might be centers (Valanciunas & Enes Kanter) but it's hard to say. On a team who is heavily invested in three big men already, this isn't a great draft to have a high pick unless there's going to be a shake up that sees either Bargnani, Amir Johnson or Ed Davis leaving town. Out of those three I think Amir is the least safe given that Ed will probably become a better player than him and Amir is the only one out of the three who wasn't drafted by Colangelo. Down further in the draft we see guys who could help certain positions like Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette, Harrison Barnes, and Terrence Jones. I could see Colangelo moving down if he doesn't get Irving.
      My prediction is BC will trade that 1st round pick for the rights to Rubio- do you think this would be possible? In reality we desperately need a high calibre PG or a solid 3

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
        My prediction is BC will trade that 1st round pick for the rights to Rubio- do you think this would be possible? In reality we desperately need a high calibre PG or a solid 3
        I would be down for that depending on what else is involved. I think Rubio/Calderon worked well for Spain. It should here as well.

Comment

• hope this dude falls in the draft to second round, but i doubt it
          its Lucas Nogueira
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• whodat yo?

Comment

• Lucas Nogueira, coming outta Brazil, 2nd ranked center out this years draft
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• If he's the second ranked Center in the draft, I doubt he falls to the Second Round. But never know, teams could stop taking centers 30 spots before they should be taken... doubt it though. haha

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  i think that it is exactly the right time to move him. hes been here 4-5 years & his growth as a player has hit the wall. my opinion is move him while he still has some believers in his ability. & note to BC never again draft a soft finess big & expect them to bang with the big boys. if bosh was rupal then bargs is monica bellucci LOL
                  +1, I want him traded too (some sucker GM might like his offense and we might get a good return for him). I also overheard a fan here saying Bargs can not be a 6th man on this team(which I believe is his ceiling - a 6th man because of the atrocious defense) which lends credence to his being traded(I honestly don't see him as a piece on a playoff team. sorry guys. for Bargs' lovers see this year, when the scouting report is out on Bargs' defense and in the clutch, when our opponents needs a bucket, they attack Bargs(the killer by Al Harrington in the Denver game against Bargs, Bogut scoring 3 times on Bargs in a row in the loss to the Bucks, the Bucks completing a run the same game in the 4th quarter by Corey Maggette scoring a clutch basket over Bargs, losing to Miami Heat on a putback by LBJ with Bargs unable to rotate all buttress my point)).

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                    Lucas Nogueira, coming outta Brazil, 2nd ranked center out this years draft
                    Is he related to Big or Little Nog?

We would then have a kickboxing pro and a jitsu pro on 1 team!

Comment

• Well, Andrea Bargnani didn't play, and the Raptors' defense was still terrible against the Mavs on Sunday. So there goes that theory.
                      -John Schumann
                      Very good point by the Schumannator actually. Can't blame it all on him.

Comment

And still there might not be a soul who would get in somebody's grill for sending one of the Raptors' young talented guys to the deck.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Very good point by the Schumannator actually. Can't blame it all on him.
                          I don't anyone that is blaming it totally on him, just as those who want Triano fired don't fully blame him and believe the team would suddenly be good if he were fired. The team lacks talent. Period. It doesn't mean that trading Bargnani wouldn't be a step in the right direction, it just means that trading Bargnani wouldn't make much of a difference in the short term.

Besides, one game is kind of a small sample size to make any judgements. I'd say his point WASN'T very good.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            And still there might not be a soul who would get in somebody's grill for sending one of the Raptors' young talented guys to the deck.
                            I think you have to like each other to stand up for one another. For some reason I cant picture the raps hanging out together after work, with the exception of the young dudz.

Comment

i'm pretty sure brazilians come out of the womb with a jits black belt already on their waist... and an omoplata locked in on the umbilical cord

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                i'm pretty sure brazilians come out of the womb with a jits black belt already on their waist... and an omoplata locked in on the umbilical cord
                                Way to generalize and stereotype brazilians, typical for a white guy

Comment

Working...
                                X