Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I want them to get a great talent back. I don't want to see them get three pieces. They already have enough question marks with potential to fill the rotation. They need to get back a starter. I'd like to see them take a run at OJ Mayo.
    This times million.

Comment

I want them to get a great talent back. I don't want to see them get three pieces. They already have enough question marks with potential to fill the rotation. They need to get back a starter. I'd like to see them take a run at OJ Mayo.
      Mayo is the last thing we need.

Comment

• WBG416 wrote: View Post
        Actually, I'm pretty sure the last thing we need is Bargnani back for another season.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• WBG416 wrote: View Post
          Yea because I heard it gives you high cholesterol.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• On the one hand, he says his offensive game has improved greatly, and on the other hand he says the team is to blame for the terrible defense, and management for not realizing he's incapable of playing the position they've assigned to him.

Let's see. He's taking a lot more shots than in previous years, making a significantly lower percentage of them, and his team lost a disastrous amount of games this year.

The one thing Bargnani seems to be really good at is passing the buck. Blaming others for his failures is his most impressive talent. He's right that they're playing him out of position, but wrong about what his natural position is. He should be polishing the end of the bench with his arse.

Comment

• AB is better of in other teams and the atmosphere that has been created by some ignorant Raptor fans and media and the few scrubs in the locker room is not healthy for him.

The future for this Raptor team, if BC and Triano stay will be getting worst next year and AB should just enjoy his contract some where else.

Comment

• "What I do on offense is more complicated than rebounding or defense."

- andrea bargnani

LOL

Comment

• There are a few obstacles to moving Bagnani. First, will you get good value for him? I think teams around the league would love to get him but not at a fair market price. They want to get him for a bargain price. I doubt BC will move him for nothing. Second, with a hard cap most likely coming into play, it will be very hard for a lot of teams to commit 4 years and 42 million to a player who remains an enigma. I think the best solution is to go out and sign one of the many defensive minded centres available such as as Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, etc. Then, you move Andrea to the bench. Having him come off the bench with the likes of a Barbosa would give the time a nice offensive punch. In addition, it might also light a fire under Andrea and force him into being better player on the defensive end. Try it out for a year and if it works, great, his trade value goes up. If not, his trade value probably stays the same and you can look to move him next summer.

Comment

Love/Bargnani would be a good combo.
                    No. No no no no no no no. No. NOOOO! It would be terrible defensively, TERRIBLE. But the T-Wolves would surely be interested in him.

You send Bargs to a team like the Bucks. For something like Mags + their unprotected first rounder, or Gooden + their 2011, 2012 1st rounders.

Comment

• jd4 wrote: View Post
                      There are a few obstacles to moving Bagnani. First, will you get good value for him? I think teams around the league would love to get him but not at a fair market price. They want to get him for a bargain price. I doubt BC will move him for nothing. Second, with a hard cap most likely coming into play, it will be very hard for a lot of teams to commit 4 years and 42 million to a player who remains an enigma. I think the best solution is to go out and sign one of the many defensive minded centres available such as as Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, etc. Then, you move Andrea to the bench. Having him come off the bench with the likes of a Barbosa would give the time a nice offensive punch. In addition, it might also light a fire under Andrea and force him into being better player on the defensive end. Try it out for a year and if it works, great, his trade value goes up. If not, his trade value probably stays the same and you can look to move him next summer.
                      The problem with not trading him this summer, is his trade value will decrease the longer you keep him. That's why I was a big proponent of trading him last summer. I felt a season front and center, like he has been, would highlight his flaws and decrease his value, kind of like a player staying in college too long. Bargnani's potential is more valuable than what he actually does. Bargnani is 25 and has been in the league 5 years. The longer he's in the league and the older he gets, the fewer GMs will actually believe that he'll ever be anything more than what he is right now.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                        No. No no no no no no no. No. NOOOO! It would be terrible defensively, TERRIBLE. But the T-Wolves would surely be interested in him.

You send Bargs to a team like the Bucks. For something like Mags + their unprotected first rounder, or Gooden + their 2011, 2012 1st rounders.
                        Can we then get rid of Maggette or Gooden, because there's no way I'd want them on my team.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• AB deserves much better than what he is getting here and next year, Raptor fans will see what they missed and how AB is actually able to play D in the right system and under the right coach.

Best of Luck to AB, I really hope to see him moved sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Can we then get rid of Maggette or Gooden, because there's no way I'd want them on my team.
                            Mags would be expiring in 2 years (including the year we get him). We could easily move him next year. Gooden would be extremely difficult to move, but would be the price we pay for potentially a lottery pick in a strong draft.

I don't want Gooden either. Mags, I could probably deal with...probably. From what fans have said, those 2 years might feel like 4. T_T

Comment

As much as I like Mayo's scoring ability, I believe Mayo playing SG with DeRozan at SF would be a bad combination. Neither player is good at defending or rebounding.

Not to mention another short offensive-minded SG, Barbosa, is likely to exercise his player option.
                              Last edited by Hugmenot; Thu Apr 14, 2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• there are 2 things he said I believe 1. he is a power forward, 2. we need coaches that know how to teach team defense, and I will add my own thoughts that I don't think he can play defense period.

Comment

Working...
                                X