Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...15th...

Hollinger is ranking Bargnani 15th among International players in the NBA. That's one behind Jose Calderon, two ahead of Leandro Barbosa and three ahead of fellow countryman Danilo Gallinari.

15 Andrea Bargnani, TOR
    Source: ESPN.com

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Legs straight. When you see him do that, you know it's a miss.
      Yup - every single time.

It is such an obvious and correctable flaw. I really do wonder if anyone has ever pointed it out to him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Yup - every single time.

It is such an obvious and correctable flaw. I really do wonder if anyone has ever pointed it out to him.
        Usually when he's been missing a couple of shots, he doesn't feel as confident and calm to actually bend his knees. I don't know, but whenever he goes straight up, you know it's going to hit the rim real hard. Amir and Ed should watch his legs, and pounce for the offensive rebound.

Comment

• there's a two page bargs hating thread in the forum that is both not unique at all and completely uninteresting.. how has it not been moved into here?

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
            there's a two page bargs hating thread in the forum that is both not unique at all and completely uninteresting.. how has it not been moved into here?
            I'm not sure but I thought I had an original thread regarding the coaching and his shooting form but it got bumped here.

Comment

• Advanced Search will find it for you.

Comment

• Realistically...this is what to do next with Bargnani

Bargs cant rebound or play defense adaquately for a starting centre. This is a fact.

Some people want to ignore it because he is scoring 21 pts. Some people want to trade him for a bag of chips. I think these are both unrealistic extremes. You dont really just "dump" guys unless its for salary or the guy is a cancer in the locker room. (You might argue playing him when he sucks defensively sets a bad precedent like a "cancer", but my solution addresses this).

The solution to Bargnani is: you tell him that this summer he works exclusively with a Big-Man coach. Next training camp he better come with SIGNIFICANT improvements on defensive rebounding and other fundamentals. If not, he comes in off the bench as a scorer.

I think this is a perfect course of action - it addresses everything.

BC should tell him there is no way they can keep starting him if he is one of the historically bad centres on one side of the ball. After this contract, that is realistically what he would be signed for by another team, but the Raps are going to be proactive about it. I dont know what you've been doing the past 5 years (ie. F'CK your national team) if you dont get it by now you're never going to get it. We're going to have to put you in your actual suited NBA role. Again people might argue that its already clear that he cant "get it" (I've started to feel that way) but again Im talking about realistic course of action here - you're not going to throw him on the bench tmrw. Let him average his 21/5 for the rest 30 games, Raps might get a 1st overall pick out of it anyway.

Forget could've/would've/should've...This is the best course of action AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Comment

• Interesting thoughts. Should this go under Everything Bargnani?

Comment

• nooooooo.....please dont bury it LOL

Look at it as more of an "organizational" discussion.

Comment

• Based on past history, Bargnani actually plays worse when coming off the bench. I think it should be either he brings it every night or they move him... And they're at a time when they should be accessing where he's going in his development. Too me it looks like he's never going to defend or rebound at the level they need him to. He would be best suited next to a dominate center. It's more likely that he finds that player via a trade out of here than the Raptors being able to trade for one.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Based on past history, Bargnani actually plays worse when coming off the bench. I think it should be either he brings it every night or they move him... And they're at a time when they should be accessing where he's going in his development. Too me it looks like he's never going to defend or rebound at the level they need him to. He would be best suited next to a dominate center. It's more likely that he finds that player via a trade out of here than the Raptors being able to trade for one.
                        Just imagine him beside Dwight Howard. Disgusting 1-2 punch.
                        Not to mention that system is very much geared to his style of play.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Just imagine him beside Dwight Howard. Disgusting 1-2 punch.
                          Not to mention that system is very much geared to his style of play.
                          We should trade for Dwight Howard and hire Star Van Gundy.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                            Bargs cant rebound or play defense adaquately for a starting centre. This is a fact.

Some people want to ignore it because he is scoring 21 pts. Some people want to trade him for a bag of chips. I think these are both unrealistic extremes. You dont really just "dump" guys unless its for salary or the guy is a cancer in the locker room. (You might argue playing him when he sucks defensively sets a bad precedent like a "cancer", but my solution addresses this).

The solution to Bargnani is: you tell him that this summer he works exclusively with a Big-Man coach. Next training camp he better come with SIGNIFICANT improvements on defensive rebounding and other fundamentals. If not, he comes in off the bench as a scorer.

I think this is a perfect course of action - it addresses everything.

BC should tell him there is no way they can keep starting him if he is one of the historically bad centres on one side of the ball. After this contract, that is realistically what he would be signed for by another team, but the Raps are going to be proactive about it. I dont know what you've been doing the past 5 years (ie. F'CK your national team) if you dont get it by now you're never going to get it. We're going to have to put you in your actual suited NBA role. Again people might argue that its already clear that he cant "get it" (I've started to feel that way) but again Im talking about realistic course of action here - you're not going to throw him on the bench tmrw. Let him average his 21/5 for the rest 30 games, Raps might get a 1st overall pick out of it anyway.

Forget could've/would've/should've...This is the best course of action AS OF RIGHT NOW.
                            I agree that ignoring his deficiencies and wanting to trade him for nothing are two extremes that are a little ridiculous. HOWEVER, I don't see how yet another summer is going to help him when he's already had four of them and we've seen no improvement.

By sending him to the bench, which is exactly what is going to happen, you're paying a bench player who can't play defense or rebound $9 million. That pretty much kills his trade value. The logical thing to do would be to trade him while his value is about as high as it's going to get. His stats are overinflated because he plays on a bad team and plays too many minutes. Trade him this summer for something of value and be rid of him. His trade value is far higher than his value to the team.

Of course, if he had been traded this past summer, like I kept saying, none of this would have been necessary. Of course, I was a hater whose opinion didn't matter. The fact that I was right was irrelevant.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              We should trade for Dwight Howard and hire Star Van Gundy.
                              Lets trade for John Wall and D Wade too

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Lets trade for John Wall and D Wade too
                                Depth Chart:
                                John Wall, Jarryd Bayless
                                Dwyane Wade, Barbosa
                                Demar, Sonny
                                Andrea, Amir
                                Dwight, Ed.

Oh my that would be amazing. Why hasn't Colangelo thought of this?! Let's call him!

Comment

Working...
                                X