No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bargs is a decent SG. too bad hes a 7footer with no lateral quicks or leaping ability, if he could guard two's consistantly he might forge a decent pro career LOL

Comment

• Sure if I was a pacers fan ! but I am not.

Comment

• Bargs

Not a top 10 center, never going to be a top 10 center. no desire , no tough attitude, no BB IQ, he can only post meaningless stats in meaningless games.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          i've heard talk shows in the states, and if bargs was playing in a city like philly or nyk, he would be getting ripped apart by everyone including the homer media...
          Well then, on a couple of NY Knicks broadcasts the last couple of years (not including this years as I missed them), the MSG announcers were raving about Bargnani at times.Just sayin!

Comment

• Bargnani played pretty well tonight, like he often does. Sure he can be better, but he ain't so bad. He has his off nights like yesterday, but usually he doesn't do horrendously. The talent level in general is pretty low on Raptors this year, and we're going to suck for a while. But Bargnani is not our biggest issue. I'm sure that he is the player on this team that most GMs would want. Besides Derozan, who else would GMs seriously want?
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Both Philadelphia and Detroit really are blue collar cities. Detroit is most famous for it's car manufacturing, and the people that make them.

I think Toronto really likes hustling, blue collar type players but that's the case with every city. Even L.A.

I do think that Colangelo attempted to give the team a bit of an identity, and did when he first came. That team that won 47 games was a team made up of European and American players and sensibilities. I think a GM needs to be more focused on creating a team that can win rather than trying to create an identity that matches the city.
              In the present state of our team, your probably right. Do you think BC trying to create an identity will be his downfall?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                I have always thought of TO as a miniature NYC in many regards (lived in both). So, while NYC in many ways is not typically characterized as a blue collar town, those who support pro sports there, have been "blue collar" attitudinally at the very least. I believe this to be similar about the TO experience. The other cities you mention just have less of the bonafide champagne set.
                There was a parallel to hockey towns in our convo, but the idea of the fanbase being more blue-collar than the city is pretty interesting. But honestly I'm not sure if its true. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time in Crown Heights (BK) and the only time we went to Manhattan was a show or concert...Knicks games never came up. Did kids dream of playin there? Ya but noone I knew could afford to go to a game and that was a long time ago. I see Knick fans (who visit MSG) upper middle class to wealthy people roughin it while Rap fans can hustle some tickets under twenty if they have connects. I'm sure things have changed and how people look at savin money has definitely changed since them.

Comment

• LOL, Eric Smith is a moron if he said that.
                  29 GM are willing to trade for AB right now ?? For what role ?

Starting center or PF ?
                  Or there are 29 GM in the NBA who are willing to pay a guy 10 million a year to come of the bench and just score for them ?
                  What are those 29 GM willing to give us back ? a Bad contract or a 2nd round draft pick ?
                  How many of those GM's are willing to give AB the role that BC has given him in Toronto ?

Guys like Eric Smith and Doug Smith make me puke when I read their pure BS about Raptors.

Thank god for RR and their unbiased realistic writers like Arsenalist and Sam and ... that provide us with real informaton and opinion about the Raptor team.

Comment

• Bargs played pretty good tonight. Still want the witch hunt?
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Hibbert is a real starting Center. I think I would.

Comment

• He isn't a top 10 center really. That said, I think he'd probably start on almost any team in the league as one of their bigs - If not start, at least get heavy minutes. Of course I don't think the Raps have a top 20 at any position, thus the 3-9 record.

Comment

• Nope. /thread

Comment

• On a related note... is it almost time for Greg Oden to call it a career? Wow, another season gone with another knee surgery... Makes you want to rethink the hate aimed at Bargs on a daily basis doesn't it?

Comment

• Hopefully in a couple of years, Alabi will be the Raptors' Hibbert. I have high hopes for him.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                There was a parallel to hockey towns in our convo, but the idea of the fanbase being more blue-collar than the city is pretty interesting. But honestly I'm not sure if its true. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time in Crown Heights (BK) and the only time we went to Manhattan was a show or concert...Knicks games never came up. Did kids dream of playin there? Ya but noone I knew could afford to go to a game and that was a long time ago. I see Knick fans (who visit MSG) upper middle class to wealthy people roughin it while Rap fans can hustle some tickets under twenty if they have connects. I'm sure things have changed and how people look at savin money has definitely changed since them.
                                I was generalizing really across pro sports rather than bb specifically. But you are right about getting to see the Knicks...they were a tough ticket and I as well could not afford the scalpers. But dont forget seasons tickets were passed down by families so you had all representations of the demographic. NYK basketball at one time was special as you know and people expected a high level of play and hard all the time...or you heard it. TO doesnt have that bb history but you see it in hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X