Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani's Passing Will Help Young Gunners

One thing that was evident to everyone during last year's campaign was that Bargs is a great passer, and was willing to feed other guys selflessly (more so than Ru Paul).

With Bargs as our semi-focal point on offense, I think you will see him make the "right" decision more often than not and make the extra pass to facilitate the better offensive option.

This should help DeRo, Money, Amir, even JJ, as well as Big Ed.

Comment

• The challenge for Bargs will be to deal with the double teams that will increase next season. Still, if this is offense by committee it will be a little harder to identify who to key on, but he will be the prime target. If he can pass out of the double the more power to everyone.

Comment

• This I agree with to an extent as I think Bargnani is a good (not great) passer however a player that takes as many shots as him should average more than 1.1 assists for his career.

The chance he will have to increase that is if he is able to recognize double teams and find the open man.

So far he has shown that if or when the double comes he doesn't see it at all, but if he manages to develop this, his passing ability could be effective.

I guess we shall see.

Comment

• To those who say this is just a friendly, what you see is what you get. This is a team that did not make Eurobasket last year, despite being the favourite in the qualifying tournament. I see zero to get excited about from both of these players. Maybe Ed Davis will play more minutes at the four than Bargnani.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• He is probably the 2nd best passer on the team now

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
              One thing that was evident to everyone during last year's campaign was that Bargs is a great passer, and was willing to feed other guys selflessly (more so than Ru Paul). With Bargs as our semi-focal point on offense, I think you will see him make the "right" decision more often than not and make the extra pass to facilitate the better offensive option.
              That does not appear to be a correct statement. Bargnani's AST% was ranked 96th of out 135 (screen was 6'9" or over, played over 400 minutes). Bosh was ranked 26th

See: http://ow.ly/2eICk

On an assist per 36 min basis, he ranked 84th out of 135. See: http://ow.ly/2eILr
              Look at a guy like Andrew Bogut who has double the number. He's a great passer.

[Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.]
              http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• According to wrath of David Kahn, the top five passing big men in the history of basketball are:

1) Vlade
                2) Darko
                3) Bargs
                4)Yogi Stewart
                5) Mamadou N'Diaye

Comment

• Liston wrote: View Post
                  That does not appear to be a correct statement. Bargnani's AST% was ranked 96th of out 135 (screen was 6'9" or over, played over 400 minutes). Bosh was ranked 26th

On an assist per 36 min basis, he ranked 84th out of 135. See: http://ow.ly/2eILr

[Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.]
                  Stats and actual facts apparently don't mean much to some.

Comment

• You can't use last season as a metric in determining how good Bargs will be this upcoming season. Bargnani wasn't the one passing out of double teams, Bosh was. Bargnani's role in the offense was also very different compared to what we believe his role will be this season. With that being said, you can't simply annoint Bargs as the "second best passer" on the team.

We'll have to take a wait and see approach, but from what I've seen in terms of his court vision, Bargs should end up being a better distributor than Bosh. This is, of course, an opinion.

Comment

• Liston wrote: View Post

I disagree with those stats.

#1 you should have used a weighted average.

#2 you have to do a regression analysis factoring in total # of touches during the game

Obviously CB got more touches, hence more "opportunities" to assist. At 37 career MPG and 2.2 AST per game, that is weak, considering he was first option on almost every offensive possession.

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
                        You can't use last season as a metric in determining how good Bargs will be this upcoming season. Bargnani wasn't the one passing out of double teams, Bosh was. Bargnani's role in the offense was also very different compared to what we believe his role will be this season. With that being said, you can't simply annoint Bargs as the "second best passer" on the team.

We'll have to take a wait and see approach, but from what I've seen in terms of his court vision, Bargs should end up being a better distributor than Bosh. This is, of course, an opinion.
                        OK, outside of JJ, who is a better passer? If we keep Jose, than ya, Bargs is 3rd best.

Comment

• sillydebate wrote: View Post
                          The challenge for Bargs will be to deal with the double teams that will increase next season. Still, if this is offense by committee it will be a little harder to identify who to key on, but he will be the prime target. If he can pass out of the double the more power to everyone.
                          I highly doubt any team will double Bargs, there's no need to.

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                            I highly doubt any team will double Bargs, there's no need to.
                            As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter if he gets doubled one of the doublers will more than likely be a small guard who he can pass over anyway, if it is 2 bigs Amir will have a field day inside.

Comment

• Jesus...Bargnani looks terrible in those games. Slow, out of shape, no shot, pump fake after weak pump fake...This is the guy who said he's prepared to become a number one option in the NBA??

I've always been a Bargs supporter, but man...reminds me of the Krusty Comeback Special episode of the Simpsons where Krusty's milkshake diet attempt to get back into shape makes him balloon to like 500 pounds.

Comment

• OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                                As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter if he gets doubled one of the doublers will more than likely be a small guard who he can pass over anyway, if it is 2 bigs Amir will have a field day inside.
                                "As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter"

It would be interesting to see with what plays our "theoretical" coach will come with.
                                I would expect that they will try to post him up a bit more this year.
                                Once in half-court, they will not have too many options.

Comment

Working...
                                X