X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 first rounder and TRob would've been pretty sweet for Bargs

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'd work the second rd picks. Keep that first.

Rockets desperate.

There might Actually be a TPE created that can acquire Robinson.... Not sure tho
      Ummmm...are you just holding your s#%^ together until you see it in ink? . What becomes of your twitter handle?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Matt52 called it. 2, 2nd rounders was all it took to get TRob. Is he really that bad?
        It wasn't two second-rounders. It was the draft rights to two previous second-rounders, Kostas Papanikolau and Marko Todorovic (a couple of draft-and-stashers playing over in the Euroleague) and two future second-rounders, so effectively the Blazers traded four second-round picks for Robinson. That's probably as much as the Rockets could expect for him: they wanted picks (because they were trying to vanish salary for Dwight) and they did that. They were trying to find someone to give them a first-rounder but nobody was buying, so they got a lot of seconds.

And Portland gets ANOTHER young PF who can upgrade their bench (or, in a pinch, start). He'll get burn in Portland he wouldn't almost anywhere else. This is a good trade for both teams.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          It wasn't two second-rounders. It was the draft rights to two previous second-rounders, Kostas Papanikolau and Marko Todorovic (a couple of draft-and-stashers playing over in the Euroleague) and two future second-rounders, so effectively the Blazers traded four second-round picks for Robinson. That's probably as much as the Rockets could expect for him: they wanted picks (because they were trying to vanish salary for Dwight) and they did that. They were trying to find someone to give them a first-rounder but nobody was buying, so they got a lot of seconds.

And Portland gets ANOTHER young PF who can upgrade their bench (or, in a pinch, start). He'll get burn in Portland he wouldn't almost anywhere else. This is a good trade for both teams.

I agree it's a good trade. It allows Houston to clear the space to sign Howard. I knew about the Euro players, but we also have stashed players that could've sent, I'm not sure if these particular players were coveted or were just thrown in to save cap. TRob would have had a chance to start here. I'm sure Masai will come up with something to shore up the PF position.

Comment

• ahhh well, I'm just happy Bargs is gone!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I agree it's a good trade. It allows Houston to clear the space to sign Howard. I knew about the Euro players, but we also have stashed players that could've sent, I'm not sure if these particular players were coveted or were just thrown in to save cap. TRob would have had a chance to start here. I'm sure Masai will come up with something to shore up the PF position.
              TRob will either start in Portland (assuming J.J. Hickson leaves) or he'll be a sixth man off the bench; either way he'll get plenty of burn.

PF is a very, very deep position around the league. If Masai wants to compete, he can find a decent one. If he wants to tank, he can probably STILL get a decent one.

Comment

• NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Camby is moved by the deadline. Book it.

Good trade by the way.

Comment

• Seriously I would have given him away. The fact that we got Novak made it cool, Camby made it great, 1st rounder made it awesome and 2 the 2nd rounders made it an absolutely ejaculatory trade.

# Messiah Ujiri
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Camby is moved by the deadline. Book it.

Good trade by the way.
                      +1 my first thought also. Camby will be first big off the bench at the 3 and 4, i think. He will rebound and block shots and hopefully some contender sees him as valuable insurance.

Smart asset management by masai. Good trade. I hope bargs does well in new york.

Comment

• The deal isn't finalized yet so..

NO TAKE BACKS

Comment

• If this deal gets crushed I will fucking cry
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Masai is gonna have us back under the cap by next week if he keeps this up. Begs the question "what the fak was BC doing"?

Comment

• any notice that all the leaks are coming from the New York side of things? #tightship

Comment

• The staff in Toronto hasn't gotten big enough for leaks, but yes, Masai runs a REALLY tight ship. Good news.

Comment

Working...
                                X