• Show
Clear All

• would guys like:
    reggie = 2pt + 16 rebounds
    andrea = 20pt + 2 rebounds

or

reggie = 2pt + 14 rebounds
    andrea = 18pt + 9 reb

Defense win games..... reb is important!!!

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
      lol you can set ur watch by this guy Andrea....

28 pts (most of it first half and meaningless)

2 rebounds atrocious D and invisible 4th qtr and a loss...

get used to it...what you saw tonight is the norm..for both Bargs and team...
      How are his points meaningless? Because they were scored in the first half, they're meaningless? That's gotta be one of the worst reasonings I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
      Blaming this loss on Bargnani is awful. How many travels did Kleiza commit? How many off balanced shots did Barbosa take? How does Amir get beaten defensively so easily?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        How are his points meaningless? Because they were scored in the first half, they're meaningless? That's gotta be one of the worst reasonings I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
        Blaming this loss on Bargnani is awful. How many travels did Kleiza commit? How many off balanced shots did Barbosa take? How does Amir get beaten defensively so easily?
        You're trying too hard..i never blamed the loss on him.

im pointing out his lack or rebounding and clutch scoring when its needed...2 things your supposed go to guy should be able to provide for you esp your center....

As per usual tho you would much rather argue with a screename then counter the points laid out...

Comment

You're trying too hard..i never blamed the loss on him.

im pointing out his lack or rebounding and clutch scoring when its needed...2 things your supposed go to guy should be able to provide for you esp your center....

As per usual tho you would much rather argue with a screename then counter the points laid out...
          You pretty much all but blamed the loss on him. Not everyone is pulling their weight at the moment. Bargnani is a go-to-guy by default. ANd he was scoring- 28 Points is pretty good. Demar did a good job too. Should he be rebounding more for his size? Definitely, but saying his scoring was meaningless is a pretty dumb statement.

Comment

• KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
            Defense win games..... reb is important!!!
            I'm ITA so I don't have bb in my DNA like you guys but I can try to do a comparison with soccer.
            If the entire team improve with their movement ("short team" we use to say) starting by the midfielders that guard the turnovers of the opposite team there are much possibilities to regain ball possession. This will be with time, we are after CB4 era, and the team as to cements his skills. Do you agree? What do you think?

WOW 10 minutes to write this! sorry for the english, hope you will appreciate the same :-). Stay confident, Raps will surprise us
            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

You pretty much all but blamed the loss on him. Not everyone is pulling their weight at the moment. Bargnani is a go-to-guy by default. ANd he was scoring- 28 Points is pretty good. Demar did a good job too. Should he be rebounding more for his size? Definitely, but saying his scoring was meaningless is a pretty dumb statement.
              Its not a dumb statement if you understand basketball....His scoring is meaningless cuz it never happens when the team needs it..do you understand this ?
              HIs lack of rebounding and interior presence kills this team in games like last night..do you understand this ? Im not solely blaming him for the loss but he shoulders a big part of the criticism when he doesnt do his job on most nights..its his lack of rebounding and defense that directly contributes to losses such as last night...if you cant see that man i dont know what to tell you..maybe b-ball isnt for you then....

His 28 points is irrelevant and will continue to be as long as he does nothing else for this team...its those "OTHER" things this team needs to win NOT his 28 points and 20 of em in the first half.....

Comment

Its not a dumb statement if you understand basketball....His scoring is meaningless cuz it never happens when the team needs it..do you understand this ?
                HIs lack of rebounding and interior presence kills this team in games like last night..do you understand this ? Im not solely blaming him for the loss but he shoulders a big part of the criticism when he doesnt do his job on most nights..its his lack of rebounding and defense that directly contributes to losses such as last night...if you cant see that man i dont know what to tell you..maybe b-ball isnt for you then....

His 28 points is irrelevant and will continue to be as long as he does nothing else for this team...its those "OTHER" things this team needs to win NOT his 28 points and 20 of em in the first half.....
                Without his 28 points, the Raptors aren't even close in this game. So, really, his scoring is not irrelevant. When was the last time a ball team won a game by scoring zero points?

Does his lack of rebounding hurt the team? It does, but I'm not worried about it and it'll come to him sooner rather than later. Evans goes hard after it and gobbles up a ton of boards when the two are on the court together - I would assume that you notice that since you watch the game.

Comment

• All I can say is that in cruch time Barg's hit clutch some shots but he also gave up just as much on defense if not more not to mention he was punked in the paint by DMC over and over late in the 4th Q.

As well pulling Evans away from the hoop by making him defend Landry in pick 'n roll situations was a good coaching move by Westphal (who I don't really care for ever since the Sonics traded Dennis Johnson rip for him smh lol) as Reggie was owning the glass thus it left DMC almost 1 on 1 with Barg's battling for shots and rebounds late in the game.

Also, it seems to me that Jay is getting pissed with Barg's D/rebounding efforts as his facial expression when asked about Barg's game by reporters last night was more than obviously angry to me.

BC tells Jay who to play and when....BC should just coach the team....smh

Comment

Without his 28 points, the Raptors aren't even close in this game. So, really, his scoring is not irrelevant. When was the last time a ball team won a game by scoring zero points?

Does his lack of rebounding hurt the team? It does, but I'm not worried about it and it'll come to him sooner rather than later. Evans goes hard after it and gobbles up a ton of boards when the two are on the court together - I would assume that you notice that since you watch the game.
                    Anybody could have scored those 28 points esp when most were done in the 1st half...its the Sacramento Kings not the 04 Pistons they were playing.....alot of guys can score 20 in this league on bad teams lol....he also gave up alot of points but not boxing his man out and rebounding allowing second chance opportunities,since when does coming close matter ? they blew a 17 pt lead and ur praising coming close on the strenght of 28 irrelevant points.....bottomline his pts were meaningless cuz they lost....and he had no rebs and they lost theres a direct correlation if you care to find out thru your convoluted bs argument...

Last nights game just makes the point....this team doesnt need him to score 25 a night....in fact they will lose alot of nights with his overrated PPG when he doesnt rebound....continue to argue non sense all u want..last night was the evidence of this point.....including his inability to score when it matters and becoming invisible after the 2nd qtr...it was all there in plain view...
                    Last edited by Trife76; Tue Nov 2, 2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• So basically its Reggie Evans taking away bargs rebounds now is that new Andrea excuse in 2011 ?
                      Its going to come to him ? is that so ? Just like it did in any of the past 5 seasons ?
                      yes i watch games thats how i clearly see his lack of rebounding and hustle as the anchor severly hurts this team alot of nights..and i have watched enough of him and basketball in general to know alot of bums score 20 points in losses its not hard to do.....but keep telling ya self it will come to him...in the real world though this team will continue to lose games just like last night as long as he dont defend and doesnt rebound..its a much bigger issue than a 1-2 record....

Comment

• Most of Bargnani's points came off open looks made by his teammates. Barganani rarely makes points by himself and he can't create by himself. Anyone could have scored those 28 points if they were in the same position as Bargnani.

His deficiencies in the clutch were exposed against the Knicks and the Kings. There is no doubt. Getting bullied by Cousins in the 4th just makes it worse.

Comment

• ^ Its pointless to state the obvious cuz his defenders do nothing but lie and spin the facts regarding him...anybody can put up 28 on the Kings they are terrible and there front court is soft....being able to hang 28 on Cousins,Thompson when you have a huge advantage is some kind of achievement now ??? and to further it state that they came close cuz of this is just downright laughable lol....as if they didnt have the game well in hand,as if he went ghost when it mattered....as if his 2 rebounds and lack of presence didnt directly relate to that lead evaporating.......but like i said only the real non biased fans in here get it....these bargnani groupies are clueless to basketball 1A1

Comment

• omg but guys hes liek our best playar evar!111!

LMAO!

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                              Gotta admit, that was pretty low Tim.

I mean unless you two have history, I don't see why you would have to reply to his post like that.

It's the internet and what not but you're one of the "veterans" in this forum, I'll check previous posts in this thread but I'd doubt I'll find anything that has him attacking you b/c you were replying to the post above, which was actually directed at someone else.
                              In a previous thread, one in which SirChillyMost finished nearly every line with "smh", which we discovered means "shaking my head". We all found it incredibly distracting and I eventually surmised that the problem was involuntary, and caused by Parkinson's and expressed my sympathy for him. After seeing his latest post, I noticed his problem had returned and hoped to help him out.

No disrespect was intended, especially to the sufferers of Parkinson's.

Oh, and I never complained at all to any of the mods. They acted completely on their own.
                              Last edited by Tim W.; Tue Nov 2, 2010, 11:15 PM.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I don't even see why people see the need to defend Bargnani. He's an average player on an average team.

Comment

Working...
                                X