No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim it isn't his inability to box out that is the problem. Its inability to hold his position is the biggest problem. His second problem with Rebounding is that he doesn't anticipate where the ball is going. If you watch most of the game ANdrea box's out but because he has weak legs he has problems holding his position against strong post players. He needs to learn to stick his elbow into the sternem of these same players to control them. If these same players push him (like cousins under the basket slide your elbow up into the jaw of that player). Definetly room to improve on rebounding but the rest of his game is playing well. Without ANdrea their is no shot blocking and anyone coming into the lane would have a layup because anderson and evans don't influence shots.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Bargnani has no desire to mix it up period.

He doesn't like going down among the big strong and tough guys in the NBA.

He doesn't like to do it on offense and doesn't like to do it on defense.

By the way Bargnani has a pretty low "finish at the rim" percentage among bigs during his career.

He just doesn't like contact, period.

Evans loves contact but can't shoot worth sheet from anywhere on the court.

You do the best with the pluses and minuses of the players that you have.

That means designing your offense and defense to maximize your player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Last time I checked basketball was a team game
      Last game I watched, that "defensive design" was a failure late in the 4th quarter when the Kings forced Reggie to play out of the paint (therefore his comfort zone) and left it forBarney who completely got owned by a ROOKIE.

Reggie is no superman, he is not going to fly from the 3-point line all the way to the rim to rebound the basketball (although he did come close), and he isn't getting any younger so the more our "center" starts acting like one now, the better.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Let's get one thing straight, Bargnani's rebounding is not close to the teams biggest problem and it's not causing losses. I don't give a crap who grabs the board. If Evans grabs 15 and Bargnani grabs 4, I don't care. All I care is that somebody getting it. Meanwhile Andrea is shooting 50% from the field and 55% from downtown.

FYI, #9. That's where the Raptors rank so far this season in fewest offensive rebounds allowed.

Source: ESPN.com

Same page, they ranked 7th in average rebounds per game this season so far. That's a +3.6 differential, good for 8th overall.
        So wait? that was not our problem last game? a game we could have won easily?!
        So when are we gonna speak the truth about Barney, when we start losing?? oh no, wait, WE ARE LOSING!!! and we haven't even face a SINGLE REAL competition yet.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
          Tim it isn't his inability to box out that is the problem. Its inability to hold his position is the biggest problem. His second problem with Rebounding is that he doesn't anticipate where the ball is going. If you watch most of the game ANdrea box's out but because he has weak legs he has problems holding his position against strong post players. He needs to learn to stick his elbow into the sternem of these same players to control them. If these same players push him (like cousins under the basket slide your elbow up into the jaw of that player). Definetly room to improve on rebounding but the rest of his game is playing well. Without ANdrea their is no shot blocking and anyone coming into the lane would have a layup because anderson and evans don't influence shots.
          Wait a minute, he still doesn't know how to box out his opponent?! I think what you should be saying is that he doesn't feel the need to do it b/c his boy Reggie got it.
          The fuck people....wake up and stop acting like its not a problem, who gives a fuck if its not the BIGGER issue, what if Reggie gets injured again like last season? then will it be a more than just a problem......

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
            Tim it isn't his inability to box out that is the problem. Its inability to hold his position is the biggest problem. His second problem with Rebounding is that he doesn't anticipate where the ball is going. If you watch most of the game ANdrea box's out but because he has weak legs he has problems holding his position against strong post players. He needs to learn to stick his elbow into the sternem of these same players to control them. If these same players push him (like cousins under the basket slide your elbow up into the jaw of that player). Definetly room to improve on rebounding but the rest of his game is playing well. Without ANdrea their is no shot blocking and anyone coming into the lane would have a layup because anderson and evans don't influence shots.
            It's true that Bargnani has trouble holding position, even when posting up on offense, but he seems to do fine when defending in the post. I don't know exactly if it's weak legs, or what.

As for his shotblocking skills, while he does get a couple of blocks, he's not much of a deterrent in the paint because if he doesn't block the shot, he often gives up a layup. In fact, I've noticed quite a bit the opposing team will focus their offense at driving at Bargnani. Evans doesn't block shots, but he'll step in to stop people driving into the lane. You don't need to be a shotblocker to be a defensive force in the middle. In fact, Evans has been the Raptors best interior defender so far this year. Andersen has been hit and miss. He's rebounded better than I was expecting, and has no problem mixing it up, but he hasn't been much of a defensive force inside, unfortunately.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Triano and Carlesimo have designed the Raptors defense for Evans to get most of the rebounds.
              How does that work? They have a system that predicts were the rebound is going in real time?

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Last time I checked basketball was still a team sport
              Absolutely. But does it not take an individual's butt to get in the way of their man to prevent an offensive board?

Proof: http://liston.ca/RR/
              (Did the defense forget the 'designed' play to get Reggie the rebound?)
              http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I don't give a crap who grabs the boards. If Evans grabs 15 and Bargnani grabs 4, I don't care. All I care is that somebody getting it.
                Understood, but Evans cannot block out two people. He cannot run down every board. Some will come down in Barg's area and if his man secures it (like Cousins did) then its easy points.
                http://liston.ca/RR/
                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• Tim Jizzum

Just pandering to all the Toronto haters.

Comment

• Remember when Triano broke his clipboard last season? I would like to see him do that over Bargniani's head next time he gives up 2 crucial rebounds in crunch time. You know in the cartoons when a guy gets hit with a frying pan and acts totally out of character? Maybe that will shake up his horrendous rebounding.
                    Deadallus

Comment

• Tim I don't agree with you on Evans being the best interior defender. He doesn't block shots or alter shots. Andrea for all his weakness's has that ability and does for spirts in a game. Andrea can hold his own on defense because he can use his forarms to help compensate for his weak lower body. The other thing that Andrea does do is use his elbows properly. You need to stick your elbow in the other players sternum as to control his movement and to be able to hold your spot against these monsters.
                      Being a post player in the NBA is alot about how physical you're thats why a guy like kendick perkins is so effective because he's aloud to use his elbows and forarms to control players so if your physically stronger then other players the NBA rules allow post players to be much more physical off ball then in international ball.
                      This is why AMerican post players are more successfull in the NBA then international post players. Also the reason why guys like Bogut take 4-5 years to transition into the NBA. The NBA has become the no touch the outside players and a free frall inside.

Comment

• sirchillymost wrote:
                        everyone should click on this link that shows frame by frame exactly how dmc bullied bargnani late in the game courtesy of of tom liston: http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...s/494234690019

smh............................................... .............a freakin' rookie????
                        smh

Comment

• Why is it so hard to understand?! the only reason that raptors can afford playing Reggie as their starting PF is AB's ability in Offense and the only reason that Raptors can get away with AB as a center is having Reggie as a PF who can rebound the ball ( Reggie can be all over the offensive board because because he knows that he has no place in team's offensive plans) . As long as raptors' starting Center + PF can give raptors over 25 points and 16 rebounds there is nothing to be worried about.

Comment

• AJM wrote: View Post
                            Why is it so hard to understand?! the only reason that raptors can afford playing Reggie as their starting PF is AB's ability in Offense and the only reason that Raptors can get away with AB as a center is having Reggie as a PF who can rebound the ball ( Reggie can be all over the offensive board because because he knows that he has no place in team's offensive plans) . As long as raptors' starting Center + PF can give raptors over 25 points and 16 rebounds there is nothing to be worried about.
                            Really.................smh AB gives up just as much as he scores if not more on defense plus he rebounds like a he is afraid of the ball and/or contact....smh

20 games into the season will be a more effective measuring stick for all related Raptor team & player particulars. Hopefully AB starts to rebound, hustle, recognize and rotate properly on defense and stops acting like he's above that type of on court grunt work.

Everyone should click on this link that shows frame by frame exactly how DMC bullied Bargnani late in the game courtesy of of Tom Liston: http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...s/494234690019
                            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              Tim Jizzum

Just pandering to all the Toronto haters.
                              Multipaul

Just trolling for all the Toronto hypocrites.

Comment

• Your right those are two situations where Andrea did put in the necessary effort to keep a 300 pound 7 footer off the boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X