No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no great Bargnani fan, but the amount of flak this guy sometimes takes is unreal.

Comment

• As for his shotblocking skills, while he does get a couple of blocks, he's not much of a deterrent in the paint because if he doesn't block the shot, he often gives up a layup. In fact, I've noticed quite a bit the opposing team will focus their offense at driving at Bargnani. Evans doesn't block shots, but he'll step in to stop people driving into the lane. You don't need to be a shotblocker to be a defensive force in the middle. In fact, Evans has been the Raptors best interior defender so far this year. Andersen has been hit and miss. He's rebounded better than I was expecting, and has no problem mixing it up, but he hasn't been much of a defensive force inside, unfortunately.
      I don't think Evans is much of a post defender, nor does he deter entrance into the lane. But I agree with you that team typically think against the Raps that all they have to do is get the ball into the lane and they'll score. Evans is like a shadowy version of Charles Oakley, who was a great rebounder and post defender, but was not a shot blocker. That type of player is precisely what the Raps need playing next to Bargnani. If they could mask his weaknesses, they'd be able to take better advantage of the things he does well.

I prefer not to demand that a player do something he clearly doesn't have any aptitude for, but accept what he is and try to deal with that. Bargs doesn't rebound or play good d, but he does score very well, so let's move on and try to figure out a way to win anyway.

Comment

• Same old crew defending his wack ass soft behind.....Its all been said..he definitely was the cause of losing to SAC....that freeze frame bit is absolute ether to any bargnani defender...its indefensible...the guy is lazy and soft and BEST point made in here IS
        He has been coddled for so long by this organization (BC,Triano) and told its ok to not rebound as long as you score and make 3 pointers its ok to be a weak defender and half ass it some times...and constantly defended and hugged by mgmt that its like he doesnt care to do it and feels he doesnt have to do it cuz theres no repercussions....hell he is given his spot every year regardless his production or regression...he is defended by BC no matter what he does wrong...i mean he was given that new contract immediately upon becoming a RFS with no thought given to waiting to see if he improves....its just a bad situation..hes the spoiled kid here he can do no wrong and isnt held accountable for anything....

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Bargnani has no desire to mix it up period.

He doesn't like going down among the big strong and tough guys in the NBA.

He doesn't like to do it on offense and doesn't like to do it on defense.

By the way Bargnani has a pretty low "finish at the rim" percentage among bigs during his career.

He just doesn't like contact, period.

Evans loves contact but can't shoot worth sheet from anywhere on the court.

You do the best with the pluses and minuses of the players that you have.

That means designing your offense and defense to maximize your player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Last time I checked basketball was a team game
          Absolute fact imo.

He'd rather not contact. This is the crux...not that pseudo psych mumbo in the op. Yes, these reasonings are starting to get a bit ridiculous. There have been many players in the history of the nba who didnt like the inside game. They become jump shooters. Bargnani's problem is that he was born a 7 footer and expected to rumble in the nba.

Comment

• I think its pretty damning statement to Bargs that they feel they have to start Reggie even tho he offers you nothing offensively.
            Triano is willing to play 4 on 5 on offense cuz he has to off set bargs lack of inside presence at both ends that much...because lets face it Reggie Evans should not be starting in this league...it says alot about how much of a liability andrea is....

Comment

• Frame By Frame: Bargnani vs Cousins

http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...s/494234690019 *Courtesy of Tom Liston (@Liston) Btw- DMC is a freakin' rookie........smh

ROUND 2

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Brandon wrote: View Post
                Evans is like a shadowy version of Charles Oakley, who was a great rebounder and post defender, but was not a shot blocker. That type of player is precisely what the Raps need playing next to Bargnani. If they could mask his weaknesses, they'd be able to take better advantage of the things he does well.

I prefer not to demand that a player do something he clearly doesn't have any aptitude for, but accept what he is and try to deal with that. Bargs doesn't rebound or play good d, but he does score very well, so let's move on and try to figure out a way to win anyway.
                DOn't get me started on trying to mask a player's weaknesses...
                http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...lain-yourself/

And I prefer to demand that a player do, at least, the minimum his position calls for. But that's just me.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• lol @ people saying it didnt effect the game....both screens look at the time and the score...

Cant win with him...evidence has been consistent...

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                    Multipaul

Just trolling for all the Toronto hypocrites.
                    Sleepz, perennial hater of Toronto and Raptors...but...

#1 fan of www.chrisbosh.com

woo hoo!

Comment

• U guys are racists

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        DOn't get me started on trying to mask a player's weaknesses...
                        http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...lain-yourself/

And I prefer to demand that a player do, at least, the minimum his position calls for. But that's just me.
                        Nah i say accept what a player does but a big man that dont rebound or defend is too much of a liability over 82 games to just accept..in that instance get em outta here....

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
                          Nah i say accept what a player does but a big man that dont rebound or defend is too much of a liability over 82 games to just accept..in that instance get em outta here....
                          ok...so tell me...what should reggie be doing for "his position" then boys?

with the combo of bargs and reggie we are getting big time offense and big time rebounding. stop whining and bitching already, i'm sure you were happy when bargs drained that 3 against the kings and brought us close to winning.

why dont you whine and bitch about kleiza missing his layup on the last play, or calderon letting everyone blow by him, or barbosa dropping airballs, they are all far more valid bitching points for tim jizzhat and urselves

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            ok...so tell me...what should reggie be doing for "his position" then boys?

with the combo of bargs and reggie we are getting big time offense and big time rebounding. stop whining and bitching already, i'm sure you were happy when bargs drained that 3 against the kings and brought us close to winning.

why dont you whine and bitch about kleiza missing his layup on the last play, or calderon letting everyone blow by him, or barbosa dropping airballs, they are all far more valid bitching points for tim jizzhat and urselves
                            Why cant you talk about bargs without having to change the topic ? Kleiza is an after thought..Bargs is supposed to be the No 1 guy here....kleiza does what he is supopsed too does Andrea tho ?? and no i dont care how many meaningless 3s he makes in losses..I Care how he defends and how many rebounds he pulls down to help win those games...

With Reggie we are rebounding not a combo R E G G I E ! and the only reason he is starting is cuz our starting 7 foot center doesnt rebound...he is 3 boards in the last 2 games and it cost us dearly and will do over the season BUT BUT no you want to talk about Linas Kleiza ? (who btw has more rebounds than Andrea too)

Ya see we can talk about alot of things but unless you want to discuss his rebounding and inability to be a man....then you have rendered ur opinions moot...

Comment

• I disagree with the defense. He is the best post defender and influences the most shots on the defensive end. If you haven't stopped smoking the crack you would notice that the Raptors are a much improved defensive team and you still ride his ass that he is the cause of the bad defense. I think part of the problem is that they need ANdrea to be on the floor and he seems to think that they will call fouls on him if he's to aggressive. Andrea does need to rebound better but he is hands down the best offensive player on the team.

Comment

• Bargnani's positioning is awful on those possessions, but saying that he's the real reason why we lost is assinine.
                                Weems went 3-10, as did Barbosa. Bench was real shaky aside from Calderon at times. JOhnson didn't do much, either did Andersen or Jack. Derozan was solid, but was in foul trouble.

How about giving some credit to Sacramento? Casspi played a decent game, Tyreke Evans did his thing and DMC showed why he was a high lotto pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X