Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    The guys PER is 22.5. Way higher then anyone else on the raptors
    PER doesn't take into account defense, and if you're going to judge a player by their PER, then at this point in the season, Bargnani is currently behind such notable players as Derrick Brown, Cartier Martin, Ryan Hollins, Lou Williams, Wilson Chandler and the always valuable, Monta Ellis. And he's only two points higher than DeRozan. I wouldn't say that's way higher. Especially at this point in the season.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• this thread is retarded. you cant blame a loss on a couple of players, in a couple of plays. its a fuckin team sport.

its the whole team's fault for letting tyreke evans molest them... its the whole team's fault for letting a 16 pt lead evaporate.. its the whole team's fault for not getting bargs a 3 pt shot to tie the game and letting kleiza take it inside..

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
        Can you or someone else back this up with a stat or something? Really curious because lately (even from last season) I've noticed him getting the ball in the post a lot more.
        Bargnani has been getting the ball closer to the basket more lately, but he's always been a relatively low percentage shooter in the paint. I don't know where you'd look to find the stats, but I've always noticed he struggles around the basket. Obviously not as much as Reggie, but far, far more than you expect from someone who is such a good shooter, otherwise. I'd like to see what his percentage is when he posts. He tends to fade away and I've noticed he doesn't hit a high percentage when he has his back to the basket.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          this thread is retarded. you cant blame a loss on a couple of players, in a couple of plays. its a fuckin team sport.

its the whole team's fault for letting tyreke evans molest them... its the whole team's fault for letting a 16 pt lead evaporate.. its the whole team's fault for not getting bargs a 3 pt shot to tie the game and letting kleiza take it inside..
          It's a nice mantra to blame the team as a whole, and sometimes that's the case, but you can also blame certain players at times, too. In this case, Bargnani deserves a lot of the blame for allowing two offensive rebounds in crunch time. As I've previously said, there are some things that are acceptable and some things that are not.
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            It's a nice mantra to blame the team as a whole, and sometimes that's the case, but you can also blame certain players at times, too. In this case, Bargnani deserves a lot of the blame for allowing two offensive rebounds in crunch time. As I've previously said, there are some things that are acceptable and some things that are not.
            in THIS instance, it IS the case.

the team lost. period. they let a 16 pt lead evaporate into nothing and its on all of them for playing like shit

2 blown plays in crunch time isnt to blame for letting that lead disappear..

those 2 offensive rebounds didnt give the kings those 16 pts.

ya, they were shit... ya, that's on bargs.. but that entire quarter was a cavalcade of crap from the entire team... not just him.

seriously, who on the team didnt play just as shit as bargs in the 4th?

Comment

• I'll repeat what Arsenalist stated earlier, Bargnani gets trashed way more than is warranted. The only person I used to ignore on this site was FAQ, now I'm starting to ignore posters who's stuff I used to enjoy reading because of their aversion to Bargnani. It's going to be a long five years (or until he gets traded).

Comment

• Most who remember me from RaptorsForum know I've always been extremely critical of Andrea, but recently I even feel alot of the criticism isn't warranted. Am I concerned about his issues with rebounding? Sure, but the positives right now to me regarding Andrea outweigh the lack of rebounding. JMO

Comment

• I'm with Michael G...quite a few well earned "ignore" posters....and with the Jazz front court tomorrow might be a good blog "blackout" day (can I resist? Probably not).

Comment

• Good point about bringing up Andreas shot %...whether he is in the post more is kinda irreelvant cuz we know he is a perimter player...but his FG % stinks for a big man...

Comment

• ^ Of course the BIGGER issue is with Andrea these are NOT isloated incidents which is why it accumulates into a thread like this....if Andrea had one lousy rebounding game where he missed assignments but its a continual consistent night to night thing...therefore the blame is more than warranted...

Comment

• And I prefer to demand that a player do, at least, the minimum his position calls for. But that's just me.
                        Alright, granted, he's not rebounding like a frontcourt player needs to. But understanding that, what would you do about it? He has a guaranteed contract, and this club desperately needs his scoring. This team has a far greater weakness -- no wing offense at all. Scratch that. It has no wing production of any kind. If Bargnani suddenly went down with an injury, the team would be worse.

Here is a summary of the five options available to the Raptors:

1. Hope he gets better.
                        2. Trade him.
                        3. Cut him/buy him out.
                        4. Bench him until he dummies up.
                        5. Play him next to a frontcourt player who does well all the things Bargnani doesn't (Dwight Howard, for instance).

Of course we can all just hope he gets better, but as Dave Berri says "hope is not a plan". Allegedly he can be traded (if Colangelo can be believed). But whatever comes back had better be able to score a lot of points. Bargnani could be bought out or released at great expense, but that wouldn't make the team better. Benching him wouldn't make the team better, and he'd likely just demand a trade, and he'd have leverage since he has a guaranteed contract and will be paid regardless of his court time.

Realistically the only thing that can be done in the near term is to disguise his weaknesses by playing him next to a player like Evans, or ideally someone better than Evans (a shallow, one-dimensional player if there ever was one) who could be brought in using the TPE.

This is the ideal type of player the Raptors need to aim for to play next to Bargnani. A player that can: defend the post, guard the rim, push big bodies out of the lane, score inside like a machine, block shots, pass the ball out of double-teams, and set screens and score off the pick and roll.

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani 26 PT 8-19 FG 8-9 FT 2-3 3P 9/4 RB 3 AS 2 BL 0 ST 3 TO 4 PF 36 MN (Final, Jazz)
                          Are you guys happy?

Comment

• They need to move him to power forward and put him beside a guy like chandler or haywood from dallas. Reggie is decent enough for now but his offense is to limited and to much of a liability. Reggie definitely got quick this summer and its helping his d but he doesn't block shots and is liability on O.
                            WIthout ANdrea this team would be last in the league. At least ANdrea really can score. THis isn't a ball licking ceremony but so far is reality.
                            The team is young and will make tonnes of errors but if they can come together and learn to play smart together they could be like the Oklahoma city in a year or two. Demar and sonny are really athletic young guys who could become good in a year or two. Much happier watching this team compared to the lazy team last year.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              Are you guys happy?

4 rebs

No

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                                They need to move him to power forward and put him beside a guy like chandler or haywood from dallas. Reggie is decent enough for now but his offense is to limited and to much of a liability. Reggie definitely got quick this summer and its helping his d but he doesn't block shots and is liability on O.
                                WIthout ANdrea this team would be last in the league. At least ANdrea really can score. THis isn't a ball licking ceremony but so far is reality.
                                The team is young and will make tonnes of errors but if they can come together and learn to play smart together they could be like the Oklahoma city in a year or two. Demar and sonny are really athletic young guys who could become good in a year or two. Much happier watching this team compared to the lazy team last year.

They are going to be last in the league WITH Andrea so ur saying nothing at all....whoopty doo he scoring on a terrible team..somebody has to score on a terrible ass team...its meaningless much like ur weak arguments...

Comment

Working...
                                X