Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Actually his rebounding and blocking has gotten better ever year... stat wise. It's still not great but he has improved...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...jLJlU.R9MTRwU6
    You're looking at his totals. The main difference is that Bargnani is getting more minutes, not that his rebounding is getting any better. Bargnani averaged 10 more minutes a game from his rookie season to his fourth.

As for blocking, since it is absolutely no indication of how good a defender a player is, there's no point in looking at it (although it's not any better, either). Watching him play, I've seen really no improvement in his team defense. After four years, he still appears to have no real clue of what to do and when to do it. By the time you get to Bargnani's age, it should be instinctual, but it's not. Beyond all the hype and arguing, this should be extremely troubling to any Raptor fan. You should never, ever have to teach a 25 year old basketball player who's been playing in the NBA for four years basic team defense. It's not coaching because he's had some of the best coaching in the world the last ten years.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Haters

You guys are OK with "giving Demar a chance" though. His #'s and skillz aint sh*t compared to Bargs. Gimme a break.
      lol 2 + 2 = 5!!

Comment

• Is this really news - I thought everyone knew Bargs is a bench player - Toronto just doen's have any other options.

Comment

• LaMarcus Aldridge or Andrea Bargnani?

I know this must come up every once in a while. But would you take Aldridge if you could do the draft over again?

Comment

• I would rather have

Roy
            Gay
            Rondo
            Milsap

Over either of those guys
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Well Bargs proved once again today he can rebound and play well.

Andrea Bargnani 23 PT 8-19 FG 5-6 FT 2-5 3P 9/3 RB 2 AS 1 BL 2 ST 5 TO 0 PF 38 MN (Final, Bobcats)
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 11, 2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Yea, its all good in hindsight. Most of the top of that draft class sucked though. BC went with the guy with the most upside, but I would still take Aldridge though. Tyrus Thomas is starting to look promising too eh.

Comment

• I was all for getting Aldridge, but I don't know if he'd have faired much better than Bargs on the Raptors. He couldn't handle the C position IMO. Present moment I'd still take him over Bargnani, though I'd take all the guys Buddah mentioned over both as well. I've been on the Millsap bandwagon since he was a rook and killed the Raps one game early that season. Glad to see he's getting the chance to shine as a starter now.

Comment

• i rather have andrea no lie

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I would rather have

Roy
                      Gay
                      Rondo
                      Milsap

Over either of those guys
                      If you put those four guys on the court with Bargnani you would have a pretty good group of five.

C - Bargnani
                      PF - Milsap
                      SF - Gay
                      SG - Roy
                      PG - Rondo

Not too shabby.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        If you put those four guys on the court with Bargnani you would have a pretty good group of five.

C - Bargnani
                        PF - Milsap
                        SF - Gay
                        SG - Roy
                        PG - Rondo

Not too shabby.
                        And Rondo might be the best rebounder! lol, alright, close second to Millsap...

Comment

• Yeah, while also being allergic to clutch.

Who cares about his numbers when he can't come through when the team really needs him.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Well Bargs proved once again today he can rebound and play well.
                            Can we please not take specific games as proof of anything? Otherwise the next bad game he plays someone else will use that as "proof he sucks". He played well tonight, despite the turnovers. It's a long season, though. He's never had a problem having good rebound games once in a while. This is the same guy who grabbed 17 in a game last year. The problem is he finished the season with 6. Obviously consistency is the problem with rebounding. And it obviously still is.

I actually thought his defense was decent tonight, as well. Certainly not great, but decent. If he continues to play like this regularly, I will take back everything I've said about the guy.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Are we being offered the choice?
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• At least we didn't take the guy that was picked third that year....

Comment

Working...
                                X