No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a fan of Bargnani and think that at some point this season it would be a good step for the Raptors to take to trade him. The difficulty is not necessarily finding a trading partner, its what we can get back for him. Over the years there have been so many players who have been deemed untradeable due to the fact that their contract GREATLY outnumbered their contribution on the court (Zach Randolph pre-Memphis, Hedo pre-Phoenix, etc.). If a player is actually contributing to some degree, then it is possible to make a deal (unlike Eddie Curry).

Most of us on here either think too highly of Bargs, or too lowly of him (nicely jaded!). But the skills that he does bring to the floor could be desirable elsewhere. Utah has already been mentioned in this thread...could they use him in place of Kyle Korver (despite being a worse shooter then Korver)? Could he be a desirable piece in Phoenix, or will they ever trade with us again after dumping Hedo on them?

No player is untradeable...you just have to find a GM desperate enough. There are enough teams that will become desperate that they would be willing to swing for the fences with Bargs, lets just wait to see if it happens. Or maybe I am just delusional and hopeful to get rid of him...
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Look at where Amir is.
      atleast amir was boxing out his man..

bargs was boxing in his man.... LOL

Comment

• He has NO B IQ . No hustle , no desire. He is a tall guy that learned to shoot( and not very well) from outside.His position DEMANDS that he rebound and provide help defense. Watch him. he is always in no man's land on help D and out of position for rebounding. I think he is scared of his competition. If year is a bust, then go down with guys that bring what they have every night. personally, I could live with Reggie and Joey on the floor at the same time. It would be bad offensively but it would instill the right work ethic and desire in the organization going forward. Plus they would knock some people around which would really be nice to see. Then Bargs sees the floor AFTER 1 of them fouls out. He is being babied and as long as it continues he will never grow up as a BB player.

Comment

• Demarcus probably tricked Bargs by pointing the other way and told him that there was a hot girl in the stands when the shot went up. Forcing Bargs to turn the wrong way, only until he realized that Demarcus is just one sneaky guy.

It is the only reasonable explanation, he cannot really be that bad at rebounding naturally, right?

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            atleast amir was boxing out his man..

bargs was boxing in his man.... LOL
            Yup, it's really hard to box out a guard out on the perimeter.

Comment

• Yeah, Bargs sucked last night, honestly that type of lax play is disgusting. BUT, he was not the only one. The team was 100% lackadaisical and furthermore were victimized by Triano's RIDICULOUS lineups. I turned it on in the 2nd and it was like, Weems, Derozan, Anderson, Calderon, and Wright and they were getting hammered other than Weems. Furthermore, they take Weems off to end the game! Triano ...say bye bye

Comment

• I'm not saying it's a good excuse, but he was giving up a good 30-35 pounds to his man. We know that Cousins is MUCH stronger than Bargnani.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, Bargs sucked last night, honestly that type of lax play is disgusting. BUT, he was not the only one. The team was 100% lackadaisical and furthermore were victimized by Triano's RIDICULOUS lineups. I turned it on in the 2nd and it was like, Weems, Derozan, Anderson, Calderon, and Wright and they were getting hammered other than Weems. Furthermore, they take Weems off to end the game! Triano ...say bye bye
                  I don't think a coaching change at this point does anything significant, so in reality, Triano will stay on.

Comment

• There would definitely be trade interest in Bargs. On the right team, Bargs would be a cadillac 6th man. He's just too flawed and too inconsistent to be a 35-40MPG starter, let alone face of the franchise. Toni Kukoc is the perfect analogy, IMO. Look at what happen when they dismantled the Jordan Bulls and elevated Kukoc to a leading man role. Kukoc's stats went up, but the team sucked.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I don't think a coaching change at this point does anything significant, so in reality, Triano will stay on.
                      Unfortunately, I think BC will wait till end of season. BUT....if we get to December/Jan and have like 5 wins..he will get the axe...or BC will. But to the point of this thread, yes, Bargs was getting pwned last night. Effing disgusting to see Hilton Armstrong and douchebag Blatche owning him. I felt ashamed to be a fan last night.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Unfortunately, I think BC will wait till end of season. BUT....if we get to December/Jan and have like 5 wins..he will get the axe...or BC will. But to the point of this thread, yes, Bargs was getting pwned last night. Effing disgusting to see Hilton Armstrong and douchebag Blatche owning him. I felt ashamed to be a fan last night.
                        It wasn't just Bargnani who looked like he got the energy sucked out of him. The team as a whole looked pathetic.
                        MLSE won't shell out extra money for another coach. We're still paying for Mitchell. Why fire Trino and still have him on the payroll?If a coaching move is gonna be made, it'll be after the season.

Comment

• Trouble with the media these days....where reportage & opining gets blurred.

Eric Smith works for the Raptors. This is not an environment where he has too much credibility with a statement like 29 gms are enquiring about a player. If he knows for sure then its reporting and he should put it out there what they are offering as well....or clam up with this twitter crap. Who does he think he is......an ESPN rumor monger?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            There would definitely be trade interest in Bargs. On the right team, Bargs would be a cadillac 6th man. He's just too flawed and too inconsistent to be a 35-40MPG starter, let alone face of the franchise. Toni Kukoc is the perfect analogy, IMO. Look at what happen when they dismantled the Jordan Bulls and elevated Kukoc to a leading man role. Kukoc's stats went up, but the team sucked.
                            ...or a Matt Bonner (and Bonner rebounds and gets his face dirty). Never thought I'd make that comparision.

Comment

• kuzzybear wrote: View Post
                              He has NO B IQ . No hustle , no desire. He is a tall guy that learned to shoot( and not very well) from outside.His position DEMANDS that he rebound and provide help defense. Watch him. he is always in no man's land on help D and out of position for rebounding. I think he is scared of his competition. If year is a bust, then go down with guys that bring what they have every night. personally, I could live with Reggie and Joey on the floor at the same time. It would be bad offensively but it would instill the right work ethic and desire in the organization going forward. Plus they would knock some people around which would really be nice to see. Then Bargs sees the floor AFTER 1 of them fouls out. He is being babied and as long as it continues he will never grow up as a BB player.
                              I wouldn't say that he doesn't have basketball IQ. That's going a bit too far. I will agree with the fact that he has no hustle or passion. Then again, Bargnani isn't a leader. He's a fantastic supporting player though.

If Joey and Reggie were on the floor at the same time, I can guarantee you we wouldn't score. it would be like playing 5 on 3.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Trouble with the media these days....where reportage & opining gets blurred.

Eric Smith works for the Raptors. This is not an environment where he has too much credibility with a statement like 29 gms are enquiring about a player. If he knows for sure then its reporting and he should put it out there what they are offering as well....or clam up with this twitter crap. Who does he think he is......an ESPN rumor monger?
                                There would be a ton of interest in Bargnani. Bargnani is a very good player. You're talking about a 7 footer who can run and put the ball on teh floor plus stretch the defense with his shooting. He just hasn't gotten it defensively. Problem is taht teams would try to low ball you. If he goes elsewhere as a supporting player and flourishes, then Colangelo looks foolish.

Comment

Working...
                                X