No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Budda? Darko? are you putting Barney that low....

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
      Really Budda? Darko? are you putting Barney that low....
      You saw the numbers that Darko has put up.

He wasn't taken second because he had no talent.

His problem has never been lack of talent, but just having his head where the sun don't shine.

If he can keep his head on straight even through some bad games that will coming up he has he talent to be one of the best Centers in the league.

I have watched him since he came into the league as a chain smoking teenager.

He has never been in game condition before this season, never.

Darko has been a pretty good low post defender for a few seasons now but he would tire too quickly not being in game condition and was limited by his poor conditioning and bad attitude.

He has never gotten into condition nor has he ever had his head on straight before this season. It seems to me that he is now starting to believe in himself which makes a big difference. He is playing a lot more aggressively and the extremely positive results are showing..

He totally dominated Pau for three quarters three games ago, until Pua's experience took over.

Three very good games does not a season make.

However, if can continue at or near this level of play, he has the skill level to do it. then I think he will become one of the better Centers in the leagues, seriously
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DoNDaDDa;53074]
        Nick wrote: View Post
        Who cares Bosh is gone, and I enjoyed watching him. Now its a different team that I also enjoy watching. Your a typical bad fan who has to criticize something because for some sick reason it makes you feel better about yourself.[/QUOTE\]

we all have our right to our opinions but atleast im not hypocritical & making personal jabs at other fans for there opinions.
        Good point, sorry...

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
          Really Budda? Darko? are you putting Barney that low....
          Darko is having a break out year this year, started out rough (offensively, he has been playing defense great all season) for the first like 4 games and ever since then he's been uber hot. Dood is a beast.

@OP They are 2 different type of players. Bargs is a amazing big man shooter who can spread the floor and create mismatches opposed to Darko who mainly works in the paint and is a amazing shot blocker and a decent rebounder.

Darko Milicic 14.4 PT .524 of 12.0 FG .619 of 3.0 FT -- 3P 7.0/2.1 RB 2.9 AS 3.6 BL 0.6 ST 2.4 TO 4.3 PF 31.4 MN 7/7 GS (last 7 games)

Andrea Bargnani 24.3 PT .477 of 18.6 FG .818 of 6.3 FT .400 of 3.6 3P 4.7/0.9 RB 1.6 AS 0.6 BL 0.1 ST 3.0 TO 3.4 PF 35.9 MN 7/7 GS (last 7 games)
          Darko Milicic 18.0 PT .591 of 13.2 FG .667 of 3.6 FT -- 3P 8.6/2.4 RB 3.6 AS 4.2 BL 0.6 ST 3.0 TO 4.6 PF 35.8 MN 5/5 GS (last 5 games)

Andrea Bargnani 24.2 PT .512 of 16.8 FG .778 of 7.2 FT .438 of 3.2 3P 4.4/0.6 RB 2.0 AS 0.8 BL 0.2 ST 3.2 TO 3.0 PF 34.7 MN 5/5 GS (last 5 games)
          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
            miami
            Never been there but hear it's nice certain times of the year.

I follow the Raptors paulie.....since inception.......probably significantly longer than others, ahem, ahem.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              i dont even remember bosh high-fiving bargs on a good play, let alone take him under his wing.
              I remember him trying to correct him on his rotations.

Comment

its ok sleepz. we know youre a closet bargnani fan, you dont need to come out of the closet now, we just love you for who you really are....
                dont be ashamed to admit how you rock that Bargnani jersey in the middle of the night, dancing infront of the mirror like youre tom cruise in risky business.
                dont worry, bargs will not hurt you the same way bosh did when he left toronto....its ok, its ok. there there now...
                ROTD ROTD!!!

there there....there there..

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Never been there but hear it's nice certain times of the year.

I follow the Raptors paulie.....since inception.......probably significantly longer than others, ahem, ahem.
                  goin to miami..miami..miami...will we be seeing you in the spring at the ACC rocking the CB1 Heat jersey?

No no no wait, by then they would have traded him for Troy Murphy to the Nets. Maybe you can get the CB1 Nets jersey and go see them in England. Mensah Bonsu!

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                    I remember him trying to correct him on his rotations.
                    i remember bargnani not giving in to bosh advances.
                    i guess wade and lbj couldnt resist

Comment

its ok sleepz. we know youre a closet bargnani fan, you dont need to come out of the closet now, we just love you for who you really are....
                      dont be ashamed to admit how you rock that Bargnani jersey in the middle of the night, dancing infront of the mirror like youre tom cruise in risky business.
                      dont worry, bargs will not hurt you the same way bosh did when he left toronto....its ok, its ok. there there now...
                      Lol, you make it seem like I don't like Bargnani. Nothing is personal for me believe me, it's all about ball skills. I don't own any Raptor jersey unfortunately (last jersey I had was the retro Sonics Ray Allen jersey in yellow).

I'm not worried about anyone leaving town at all. I just don't get into lynch-mob mode taking childlike glee in a perceived revenge of sorts. In fact I'm pleased Bosh is gone. New direction for the franchise, no one to blame for failures and now there is a roll reversal of sorts with the fanbase. All of those 'haters' last year have turned into "go to Miami or LA website if you don't hail Mago" dudes now. lol It's hysterical and entertaining.

Whereas I was hoping the team was on the verge of becomingconsistent and stable between 06-10, I now have renewed hope that with the collection of players trying to establish themselves I can critically observe development and see who can actually be a part of winning when they get good again.

I give Andrea respect for what he's done the past few games, but I'm not losing my hair for 20+pt nights like some of the dudes on this forum. If you don't "hail Mago" you are an evil spirit. If you criticize his defence you are not Raptor fan. lol

It's fun observing those that have such a vested interest in a player. Critical analysis is not bad folks, and is good for everyone. Keeps things balanced.

Comment

i guess wade and lbj couldnt resist
                        I actually have seen a few teammates talking to Bargs about his rotations. Hopefully one day he'll know where to be on the court instinctually.

I would wait for the season to conclude before writing any team off however. It's a long season and you never know what might happen. You could possibly be digesting your words 3 months from now.

Comment

I guess wade and lbj couldnt resist
                          lmao!!!!

Comment

• Both were drafted with very high expectations
                            Difference is, Darko was never given a chance to develop, Bargs was given the chance but did not fully grasp it.

I know everybody will hate me but id take Darko.

Cant teach defense. Shotblocking and rebounding takes instinct. you have to know where the ball is going to land, you have to know when to jump to get that block.
                            As we see now, Darko is getting shots and making them. Even if he doesnt shoot the 3, he can still get the 25pts in the paint.
                            Bargs may be a mismatch nightmare, but when he's off, nothing he can do. At least with Darko, he can still rely on his defense.

Comment

• Bargnani. His numbers increase isn't as huge as Darko's, therefore I believe Darko cannot sustain recent production.

Comment

• Buddha..you must be smokin the buddha today 'bud'

Comment

Working...
                                X