No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope so. I'm waiting for the Kwame Brown for Bargnani thread. I mean Kwame wasn't picked 1st overall for nothing was he?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Matty (since we're apparently adding `y's to people's names in an attempt to belittle them- brilliant!), I really have no idea what your point is. I didn't start the thread, and my only response was to comment on the fact that people overreact to such a small sample size. As well as apparently to people commenting on that fact. Ironic, isn't it?

And if I feel that 15 games is too small a sample size, it pretty much goes without saying that I think 3 games is too small a sample size.

Maybe in the future, before you jump to massive (and incorrect) assumptions, and make an ass of yourself, read more carefully before you respond to someone. And maybe try and do it with some respect either way. It goes a long way.
      But the fact is, no one said - 15 games is career. Or a season. - in this thread, thats something you just assumed people were trying to say. But now I'm the ass for pointing out what you thought was an indirect attempt to belittle an incorrect statement.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
        But the fact is, no one said - 15 games is career. Or a season. - in this thread, thats something you just assumed people were trying to say. But now I'm the ass for pointing out what you thought was an indirect attempt to belittle an incorrect statement.
        My comment about the 15 games making a career was in response to someone who reiterated the fact that Darko's numbers were based just on 3 games, and not to get too excited. I simply said to try telling that to people who think that 15 games is a career, meaning that Raptor fans tend not to have very much perspective when it comes to matters such as this. I didn't assume anything. Either way, I don't think it warranted the response that you gave me.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          I hope so. I'm waiting for the Kwame Brown for Bargnani thread. I mean Kwame wasn't picked 1st overall for nothing was he?
          i think theres still a place on any roster for a guy like Kwame..... I mean every team has got to have somebody hand out gaterade & towels right.....

Comment

• classic
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              My comment about the 15 games making a career was in response to someone who reiterated the fact that Darko's numbers were based just on 3 games, and not to get too excited. I simply said to try telling that to people who think that 15 games is a career, meaning that Raptor fans tend not to have very much perspective when it comes to matters such as this. I didn't assume anything. Either way, I don't think it warranted the response that you gave me.
              I guess the Timmy part was kinda of an exaggeration on my part to prove a point, I just dont like the whole idea of comparing Darko and Andrea, it simply doesnt make sense nearing the quarter mark of the season, I was the first one to respond to this thread and for the 100th time I had to ask Buddafan, Why.

So when I read your comment, and the comment you were responding to, It appeared as those you were actually intimate with the idea of comparing the two players, and that did not suit well with me at all. The comment still bothers me but I get what your point is now. Just make it a little clearer, at least for me.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                Darko Miličić --- 5.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 17.5 mins/game, played 319 season games.

Andrea Barney --- 13.7 points and 4.8 rebounds in 29 mins/game, played in 301 games.

Per 36 minutes? my fucking pleasure:

Andrea --- 22.8 points and 5 rebounds
                Darko --- 12.2 points, 8.3 rebounds

But no Timmy W, we can compare 3 games with Darko to Barney and his measly 15 games, if that makes you any happier.
                Why are you guys leaving out blocks? That is Milicics specialty.

Comment

• Milicic has been having a pretty good year, but his impact is far less important than Bargnani's. Bargnani brings a lot more than Darko does. But I'm happy for Darko, I always knew that if he was given the chance he'd be pretty good. If he was given the starting job from his rookie year he'd be a 20 10 guy by now. Oh and quite a few blocks.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Milicic has been having a pretty good year, but his impact is far less important than Bargnani's. Bargnani brings a lot more than Darko does. But I'm happy for Darko, I always knew that if he was given the chance he'd be pretty good. If he was given the starting job from his rookie year he'd be a 20 10 guy by now. Oh and quite a few blocks.
                    That's because Darko isn't the #1 option but there have been games this season that he has won the game for them...

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                      It never happened. I watched every single game and whether Bargs played good or bad Bosh was nowhere to be seen. He could have helped with encouragement but Bosh only cares for himself and now he's relegated to fourth option on a supposed collusion championship team. Yes that's right fourth because Haslem is better and has performed better than Bosh until he got injured.
                      in fairness to bosh and sleepz, bosh did high five and chest bump bargs when bargs sank that clutch 3 pointer against the celts.
                      looked awkward tho.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                        I hear you. The no leadership qualities has also been adopted by Andrea.

Wow, you guys are sensitive. lol
                        not sensitive at all. you just sounded like the chris bosh version of multipaul with that post. as talented as cb was in some aspects, he lacked a lot of intangibles. how many times has he deflected the blame off of himself in a loss when a true leader would take the burden onto his own shoulders.

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        Never been there but hear it's nice certain times of the year.

I follow the Raptors paulie.....since inception.......probably significantly longer than others, ahem, ahem.
                        inception only came out this summer so thats not very long dude
                        Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                          Lol, you make it seem like I don't like Bargnani. Nothing is personal for me believe me, it's all about ball skills. I don't own any Raptor jersey unfortunately (last jersey I had was the retro Sonics Ray Allen jersey in yellow).

I'm not worried about anyone leaving town at all. I just don't get into lynch-mob mode taking childlike glee in a perceived revenge of sorts. In fact I'm pleased Bosh is gone. New direction for the franchise, no one to blame for failures and now there is a roll reversal of sorts with the fanbase. All of those 'haters' last year have turned into "go to Miami or LA website if you don't hail Mago" dudes now. lol It's hysterical and entertaining.

Whereas I was hoping the team was on the verge of becomingconsistent and stable between 06-10, I now have renewed hope that with the collection of players trying to establish themselves I can critically observe development and see who can actually be a part of winning when they get good again.

I give Andrea respect for what he's done the past few games, but I'm not losing my hair for 20+pt nights like some of the dudes on this forum. If you don't "hail Mago" you are an evil spirit. If you criticize his defence you are not Raptor fan. lol

It's fun observing those that have such a vested interest in a player. Critical analysis is not bad folks, and is good for everyone. Keeps things balanced.
                          oh mah bad! i guess calling him barfs and seemingly pointing out every wrong thing that he's doing in every post that you do is "nothing personal" on bargs. holy shit, im scared to be your enemy then! imagine how much more damage youll do if you do admit you hate a person, yikes! im sorry man, please forgive me, dont go postal on me, im sorry, im sorry, there there now.....

i really think its pathetic when people keep hatin here and when they get called out they go serious and do a 180...at least im not donkey enough to not admit i loved bargs, then hated him then loved him again.

i think we'd rather hate on a guy who left under bullcrap circumstance rather than post "nothing personal" messages on a guy who's still on the team! maybe its just me, but i think crapping on a player who's still playing with the home team is kinda not normal than calling a player who left....weird. but hey, thats just me. so what are you going to do when bargs leaves? are you gonna be like, yeah, leave him alone, he was awesome when he was here, yada yada yada.

i think whats really funny is now you turned around and start praising bargs for his 20+ efforts but still throws in those subtle jabs just to keep your feet in the neutral side.

you remind me of those girls in highschool who talk shit about everybody and when get confronted they go, what? i didnt say that!

nothing personal man, just keeping a balance, like what you said.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                            oh mah bad! i guess calling him barfs and seemingly pointing out every wrong thing that he's doing in every post that you do is "nothing personal" on bargs. holy shit, im scared to be your enemy then! imagine how much more damage youll do if you do admit you hate a person, yikes! im sorry man, please forgive me, dont go postal on me, im sorry, im sorry, there there now.....

i really think its pathetic when people keep hatin here and when they get called out they go serious and do a 180...at least im not donkey enough to not admit i loved bargs, then hated him then loved him again.

i think we'd rather hate on a guy who left under bullcrap circumstance rather than post "nothing personal" messages on a guy who's still on the team! maybe its just me, but i think crapping on a player who's still playing with the home team is kinda not normal than calling a player who left....weird. but hey, thats just me. so what are you going to do when bargs leaves? are you gonna be like, yeah, leave him alone, he was awesome when he was here, yada yada yada.

i think whats really funny is now you turned around and start praising bargs for his 20+ efforts but still throws in those subtle jabs just to keep your feet in the neutral side.

you remind me of those girls in highschool who talk shit about everybody and when get confronted they go, what? i didnt say that!

nothing personal man, just keeping a balance, like what you said.

Don't worry about haters like Sleepz bro. Look how many of these guys are suddenly confused about what to post here now that they realize Dre is the real deal. Where all the haters at now? All summer long, all preseason HATE HATE HATE HATe. Boy oh boy those cbwhore lovers must be bulking up the subscription rate on the miami heat forums now.

All you Bargs and Toronto and Raptors haters beat it, we don't want you here. Go post on Tim W's blog.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              not sensitive at all. you just sounded like the chris bosh version of multipaul with that post. as talented as cb was in some aspects, he lacked a lot of intangibles. how many times has he deflected the blame off of himself in a loss when a true leader would take the burden onto his own shoulders.

inception only came out this summer so thats not very long dude
                              hahahaha inception, thats funny.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Don't worry about haters like Sleepz bro. Look how many of these guys are suddenly confused about what to post here now that they realize Dre is the real deal. Where all the haters at now? All summer long, all preseason HATE HATE HATE HATe. Boy oh boy those cbwhore lovers must be bulking up the subscription rate on the miami heat forums now.

All you Bargs and Toronto and Raptors haters beat it, we don't want you here. Go post on Tim W's blog.
                                like i said, i admit sometimes i hate bargs, and sometimes i love the lug. but at least i post both positive and negative.

im not singling out anybody here, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this is a Raptors site, i mean if i went on to the Miami forum and started posting crap about how wade is on a slump right now etc etc, id expect people to curse at me because that is a Miami site. You know people are going to think youre an antagonist when you do that. If you come here and say crap about our players then be ready to get crapped on. Of course there will be a lynch mob mentality here, you signed up here because you like the Raps. Even if gathering Raptors lovers/fans only was not the intention in creating this site, obviously youd get more raptors devotees signing here than anywhere else. If you want neutrality, NBA.com might have forums.
                                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X