Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    See my new thread on Bargnani's knee problems.

This could be negatively affecting his game.

1. I never said he couldn't score
    2. My main criticism of him has not even been about his lack of rebounding.
    3. My problem is that is overall defense sucks and that is the truth whether some choose to believe it or not.

I like Bargnani as a sixth man when scoring is more important than defense in a lot of cases. Besides coming off of the bench he will only have to guard the likes of K. Brown? Oh he tried that last night.

In any case I see him as a nice sixth man or first big coming off of the bench.
    Let me try again:

Somewhere between Buddah's "After tonight's performance by Mr. Nodoz it seems like the Raptors will never win with Bargnani starting.

I doubt he would be willing to go to the bench so maybe it is time to just move him."

AND

Multipaul's "Best centre this team has ever seen (and for my money, best player)."

....LIES THE TRUTH. (the bold is my emphasis).

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Dude had a bad night, boo hoo. D Wade has had some worse bad nights this year, so has Lebron, Dirk, Melo. Bosh had more than his fair share last year, including during the playoff run when he called it in.

Just cuz Doug Smith said he was icing his knees doesnt mean he has knee problems. Doug Smith is like a lifesized troll bead.
      Okay you give me an explanation for Bargnani's inconsistencies.

He has had a heck of a lot more than one bad game this season, though last night was probably the low for the season so far.

Mohammed was released,not resigned, by the Pistons a number of seasons ago. I saw him play a lot when was with the Pistons. The guy moves his feet on defense like they are stuck in cement blocks. Bargnani had 41 the other night. He should have lit up the Bobcats for at least 30 points on offense to say nothing of Mohammed scoring 18.

Maybe Bargnani has some other medical problem if it is not his knees.

I don't think it is attitude.

It just seems to me in watching him play that some nights he plays like he is 25 and some nights, like last night he plays like he is 45.

How would you explain these game to game inconsistencies of such magnitude?
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Let me try again:

Somewhere between Buddah's "After tonight's performance by Mr. Nodoz it seems like the Raptors will never win with Bargnani starting.

I doubt he would be willing to go to the bench so maybe it is time to just move him."

AND

Multipaul's "Best centre this team has ever seen (and for my money, best player)."

....LIES THE TRUTH. (the bold is my emphasis).
        Its impossible to argue with such logic
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I can see your points. But, in fairness, he is the best player playing at Centre the Raps have ever had. Right?
          Debatable. Davis was a pretty terrible scorer whose %s were way too low to justify all the shots he took, but he impacted the game on the defensive end and on the glass far more than Bargnani ever will.

Comment

Okay you give me an explanation for Bargnani's inconsistencies.

He has had a heck of a lot more than one bad game this season, though last night was probably the low for the season so far.

Mohammed was released,not resigned, by the Pistons a number of seasons ago. I saw him play a lot when was with the Pistons. The guy moves his feet on defense like they are stuck in cement blocks. Bargnani had 41 the other night. He should have lit up the Bobcats for at least 30 points on offense to say nothing of Mohammed scoring 18.

Maybe Bargnani has some other medical problem if it is not his knees.

I don't think it is attitude.

It just seems to me in watching him play that some nights he plays like he is 25 and some nights, like last night he plays like he is 45.

How would you explain these game to game inconsistencies of such magnitude?
            A cold? The flu? Headache? Stomach ache? Blue balls?

Comment

• In 2006-07 and 2007-08 Rasho was probably better in his overall game at center than Bargnani has been since Bargnani replaced Rasho/Bosh as the center.

Comment

• "congratulations. you're the smartest moron ever."

that's what its like saying bargs is the best centre ever to play for the raptors. he still can't do anything other than score once in a while (big fuckin deal he put up 41 against the knicks. how many points did he put up last night?? or the night before?).

on top of that, he's not even close to being the best centre ever for the raps because he can't do anything that a centre is supposed to do. Maybe "The best 7 foot Shooting Guard" would be a better term. I'd definitely agree with you on that one. But as it stands I'd take any one of Davis, or Camby, or Hakeem before I'd even consider Bargs. 1 dimensional, inconsistent scorers don't get far in this league.
                Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                  "congratulations. you're the smartest moron ever."

that's what its like saying bargs is the best centre ever to play for the raptors. he still can't do anything other than score once in a while (big fuckin deal he put up 41 against the knicks. how many points did he put up last night?? or the night before?).

on top of that he's not the best centre because he can't do anything that a centre is supposed to do. Maybe "The best 7 foot Shooting Guard" would be a better term. I'd definitely agree with you on that one.
                  Name the better Centre?

Comment

Name the better Centre?
                    Rasho in 2006-07 and 2007-08.

Comment

Rasho in 2006-07 and 2007-08.
                      Best Centre overall for their Raptors career. Bargs is better than Rasho was in those seasons.

Comment

• Some people are player fans (as opposed to team fans) and are in awe when they see a 7' footer shoot like a 2 guard. Thats really nice but it does not win us any games. A centre (irrespective of where his offensive game is played) should rebound, box out, set hard screens, physically match up against other centres, bolck shots...etc, you get the picture right (or so I hope).

I cant wait to see him play the likes of Noah (4 games), Bogut(4 games), Chandler(2 games) and see how he performs. I really hope he does well because after all I'm a fan of the team, but honestly if he doesn't I want to see what kind of excuses his supporters come up with.

Oh best centre of all time, definitely not Andrea, Davis, Camby and Hakeem with one half knee are ahead of him.

Comment

• Charles Oak mother Chucker

Man is a legend
                          What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                            Charles Oak mother Chucker

Man is a legend
                            Love Oak...but...he played forward.

Ironically, Oak hates Bargs' game.

Comment

• Holy crap this is too much. First the bargs lovers say he is a PF not a C, but then he is the best centre of all time for the raptors. ***

This is at least comical. He could grow to be, but isn't now.

Comment

• As far as I know only one center made the all-star game and the second round of the playoffs as a Raptor.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X