No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Bargnani threads are silly. He is a BYC player (difficult to trade) and is the only big on this team who has any polish to his offensive game. If the effort doesn't pick up maybe he'll be moved after the BYC thing is gone but until then he is going to be a part of this team.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Trading Bargnani would be a great idea if we could gain more valuable assets, but the fact is he is a confident offensive force that creates match-up problems and still has potential to become a much more complete player. He'd definitely make for a great side-kick. He's also on a fair contract.

@Buddahfan: I understand the +/- stat and what that represents, but any fan of the game of basketball knows that stats only carry so much perspective. They don't show how Bargnani spreads the floor and takes the opposing bigs away from the basket. They don't count the number of double-teams or fouls he draws a game. They don't represent why the numbers are what they are... there are four more players on the floor at the same time he is. They don't take into account that he is a great value for this team from a trading and salary perspective.

Bargnani is our most valuable asset and his value is still rising. I think we should continue to support his development.

Comment

• Haven't we learned to ignore Multipaul yet? I mean come on, how do you argue with someone whose only criteria for evaluating a player is how many points they put up.

Comment

• The Raps gave up 63 first half points without Bargnani. He is part of the problem, not THE problem.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
            A cold? The flu? Headache? Stomach ache? Blue balls?
            My guess is blue balls, from hitting your chin a thousand thrusts-per-minute. No Homo.

Comment

• Bargnani Showed His Value Tonight

There is a lot of critics of Bargnani - rightfully so. However, he does a lot of good for the Raptors. This was evident tonight versus the Bulls.

The Bulls are a very good defensive team (9th best in the league). However the Raptors had nothing going on offense. Part of this could be and is attributable to Calderon not playing however even in the three prior games without Calderon they have still averaged nearly 112 points per game.

Tonight with no Bargnani, the Bulls clogged the middle, gave the Raptors nothing, and dared Weems, DD, Kleiza, Wright, Davis and Johnson to beat them with jumpers. The only real threat to score from the outside was Bayless and Barbosa.

It is my opinion, Bargnani's mere presence creates opportunities for teammates by creating space and drawing the opposing teams bigs out of the key.

The Bargnani-Bashers will disagree but I'm just calling it like I see it tonight.

Regardless if Bargnani plays, sits, or is traded, the Raptors need to get better on the WINGS.

*EDIT: Forgot to mention the Raps were able to put up 106ppg against the top defensive team in the league, BOS*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                It is my opinion, Bargnani's mere presence creates opportunities for teammates by creating space and drawing the opposing teams bigs out of the key.

The guy's still the best player on the team. They're not better when he's gone. It's also why they're heading for the lottery.

Comment

• I believe the saying goes... you don't know what you have till it's gone. We missed Bargs big time tonight.
                  Last edited by jrdyck; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• This is a false premise and comparison.

Any team in the league which has it's starting centre and point guard not playing is bound to have a bad time of it. Especially against a team like the Bulls. The point being that it did not necessarily have to be Bargnani playing centre for the Raptors.

Comment

• I don't know if we can all assume the latent value of Bargs from ONE bad game. AT the very least, we've had many more equally bad games WITH him playing.

Comment

The Raps gave up 63 first half points without Bargnani. He is part of the problem, not THE problem.
                        Amen brother. Enough of this trade Bargnani shit every time he has a bad game. While some may think that we are crappy with him, we are listeria riddled bloody fart crap without him. And without both Calderon and Bargnani we have the makings of a cholera infested cesspool. Maybe I should analyse the poop being laid on the floor each night so I can throw up some useless shitty stats too. This board needs an enema.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

There is a lot of critics of Bargnani - rightfully so. However, he does a lot of good for the Raptors. This was evident tonight versus the Bulls.

The Bulls are a very good defensive team (9th best in the league). However the Raptors had nothing going on offense. Part of this could be and is attributable to Calderon not playing however even in the three prior games without Calderon they have still averaged nearly 112 points per game.

Tonight with no Bargnani, the Bulls clogged the middle, gave the Raptors nothing, and dared Weems, DD, Kleiza, Wright, Davis and Johnson to beat them with jumpers. The only real threat to score from the outside was Bayless and Barbosa.

The Bargnani-Bashers will disagree but I'm just calling it like I see it tonight.

Regardless if Bargnani plays, sits, or is traded, the Raptors need to get better on the WINGS.

*EDIT: Forgot to mention the Raps were able to put up 106ppg against the top defensive team in the league, BOS*
                          I agree wholeheartedly and you're analysis is pretty much what I think. Right now, the wings have the least talent on the team and either some tangible development needs to happen this season or I'm sure BC will upgrade. A lane clogging shot blocking rebounding freak of nature center would be nice too. But for the love of Kali, Bargs is what we have now, so why so many f'n posts ripping him apart. He is the least of our worries.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• YOU ARE RIGHT!

if bargs was playing we prob. loose by more & Boozer prob gets 54 instead of 34...LOL

he def. showed us all... his value! LOL

he def showed us we no worse off without him..

bulls are a good team & we prob. loose with bargs too...

atleast davis didnt get abused by Nazi & kwame & big Ben..

i bet even Hoffa would punish bargs in the post LOL

Boozer has made a living punishing people in the post...& alot have failed at guarding him... hes a beast..the kind of beast we need
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 16, 2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              My guess is blue balls, from hitting your chin a thousand thrusts-per-minute. No Homo.
                              If i wanted a comeback i'd tell ur grandma to spit. When u learn about sports please come back and post.for now,go back to h&m to buy more blazers and scarves you toronto hatin queef
                              Last edited by Multipaul; Thu Dec 16, 2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                If i wanted a comeback i'd tell ur grandma to spit.
                                I thought I had heard them all until this one. I had to laugh. I'm adding that to the arsenal for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X