No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Bargnani | 21.9 PT | .492 of 17.5 FG | .828 of 4.3 FT | .309 of 3.7 3P | 6.6/1.1 RB | 2.3 AS | 0.7 BL | 0.8 ST | 2.7 TO | 2.5 PF | 35.3 MN | 15/15 GS | (last 15 games)

Andrea Bargnani | 24.2 PT | .500 of 18.2 FG | .830 of 5.3 FT | .410 of 3.9 3P | 6.1/0.9 RB | 2.6 AS | 0.9 BL | 0.9 ST | 2.5 TO | 1.9 PF | 36.3 MN | 10/10 GS | (last 10 games)

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      Andrea Bargnani | 21.9 PT | .492 of 17.5 FG | .828 of 4.3 FT | .309 of 3.7 3P | 6.6/1.1 RB | 2.3 AS | 0.7 BL | 0.8 ST | 2.7 TO | 2.5 PF | 35.3 MN | 15/15 GS | (last 15 games)

Andrea Bargnani | 24.2 PT | .500 of 18.2 FG | .830 of 5.3 FT | .410 of 3.9 3P | 6.1/0.9 RB | 2.6 AS | 0.9 BL | 0.9 ST | 2.5 TO | 1.9 PF | 36.3 MN | 10/10 GS | (last 10 games)
      King Bargs

Comment

• Bargnani's Shooting Average

the truth is that he's actually taking more mid- & long-range 2's (the least efficient shot in the game), while only slightly more post attempts
        Bargs may be shooting more long range 2's, and that may not be such a good thing. However, he is shooting them at a better clip than any other year (.471 Overall). And if you take away the numbers before December (#1 Option adjustment + Reggie out), Andrea is shooting .500 +

Comment

• One more thing on Bargnani's Scoring

lastly - i'd ask in what areas, other than in FGA/game & PPG, has bargnani shown real, measured improvement? i agree, to a degree, that he's expanded his offensive repertoire (somewhat), but given he's been the main beneficiary of additional touches/USG%, i would hope that would have been the case.
          As some people have touched on in the past - and to which I agree more so these days - Andrea's help defense is more a function of effort, then it is BBall IQ ... IMO. When Raps have a Coach/Mentor who can bring more Defensive effort out of Andrea, that will be the Coach who turns him into a All star. Until then, Bargnani's stats will continue to haunt him - especially on Raptor Blog sites.

With respect to his scoring, there are very few shooters who can match his repertoire. Andrea can place himself ANYWHERE on the Offensive side (perimeter, in-the-paint, 10 feet out etc.) and score. No other player on the Raptors can do that, efficient or not. In fact, very few NBA players have that kind of I can score from any f#@king place on the floor repertoire.

Jose can shoot the 3, and charge into the paint, but he can't stand in the Post and score (maybe the rare time). Amir, Demar, Davis, Joey, and Reggie have little to no perimeter abilities. Bayless is the same as Jose - can't stand in the Post to receive a pass (doh!). Kleiza is about the closest to AB, but on a much lighter basis. His Ft% is not exactly earth shattering either (.644). Andrea is .820 overall, and since his return from injuries (albeit 4 games), his FT % is .895.

If it's the last minute or so (of a game), and the Opponent is down by a few points, I would rather have Andrea on the Court than Dwight simply because of his Free throw shooting (.820 versus .576). That was evident when we played Orlando last. As well, Andrea has the Cojones to shoot a 3 at the end of a game. Whether that's a smart choice or not, is certainly open for debate.

That's why you hear quotes from Opponent coaches - stating how hard AB is to guard. In some respects, that's Defense in a round-about fashion. The harder a player has to work on Defense, the less energy they have for Offense.

Comment

• jrdyck wrote: View Post
            CAREER
            Ray Allen - 39%
            Reggie Miller - 39%
            Dale Ellis - 40%
            Peja Stojakovic - 40%

4 of the greatest 3-point shooters in NBA history are only 2-3 percentage points ahead of Bargnani's career average of 37%. Proof that you don't need to shoot 40-45% to be considered a 'good' shooter.
            Ray Allen 40%
            Reggie Miller 40%
            Peja Stojakovic 40%

A 3% difference is HUGE when we're talking shooting percentages.

Comment

• His three seems to go down only when it matters... LOL

I've seen him miss quite a few open threes, but threes to tie or bring the game back or win have been going in. Anyways I think he is a good three point shooter, players hitting 43+ percent from downtown is really rare and is really good. Anyways I prefer Bargnani this way, he can do so much from everywhere.

Comment

• It would be interesting to see the percentages of when he shoots with his legs bent off the catch versus the straight leg shot that never goes in.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I respectfully disagree. Not sure what else to add to that though...

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                    As some people have touched on in the past - and to which I agree more so these days - Andrea's help defense is more a function of effort, then it is BBall IQ ... IMO. When Raps have a Coach/Mentor who can bring more Defensive effort out of Andrea, that will be the Coach who turns him into a All star. Until then, Bargnani's stats will continue to haunt him - especially on Raptor Blog sites.

With respect to his scoring, there are very few shooters who can match his repertoire. Andrea can place himself ANYWHERE on the Offensive side (perimeter, in-the-paint, 10 feet out etc.) and score. No other player on the Raptors can do that, efficient or not. In fact, very few NBA players have that kind of I can score from any f#@king place on the floor repertoire.

Jose can shoot the 3, and charge into the paint, but he can't stand in the Post and score (maybe the rare time). Amir, Demar, Davis, Joey, and Reggie have little to no perimeter abilities. Bayless is the same as Jose - can't stand in the Post to receive a pass (doh!). Kleiza is about the closest to AB, but on a much lighter basis. His Ft% is not exactly earth shattering either (.644). Andrea is .820 overall, and since his return from injuries (albeit 4 games), his FT % is .895.

If it's the last minute or so (of a game), and the Opponent is down by a few points, I would rather have Andrea on the Court than Dwight simply because of his Free throw shooting (.820 versus .576). That was evident when we played Orlando last. As well, Andrea has the Cojones to shoot a 3 at the end of a game. Whether that's a smart choice or not, is certainly open for debate.

That's why you hear quotes from Opponent coaches - stating how hard AB is to guard. In some respects, that's Defense in a round-about fashion. The harder a player has to work on Defense, the less energy they have for Offense.
                    quite right...my point was that all the things he is doing now he was capable of doing in years past, he just did them less frequently. his per-game numbers have increased, but that's a function of a higher USG% than before & more FGAs/game, not because he's shooting the ball at a better rate.

i guess i have a hard time seeing what bargs is doing now as some staggering improvement...he's basically the same player, with a greater share of responsibility on the offensive end of the floor. perhaps that in & of itself is impressive, and i don't mean to gloss over it; for all of bosh's inabilities as a leader, he did open up the floor for bargs, and i have been impressed with his (bargs') ability to continue to be effective offensively without a consistent 2nd option on this team. i suppose we can deem that an improvement.
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      It would be interesting to see the percentages of when he shoots with his legs bent off the catch versus the straight leg shot that never goes in.
                      that would be quite an effort...

i agree completely, btw...there are some shots he takes where he's flat-footed & doesn't get his legs into it, and they invariably miss (usually it's a line-drive brick), vs. the shots where he's setting himself up for the shot before he receives the pass, get's his legs into the shot, and - BOOM - money. when he does that, i'm shocked when they don't go.
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Ray Allen 40%
                        Reggie Miller 40%
                        Peja Stojakovic 40%

9 points on every hundred shots works out to .9 of a point on every 10 shots.

Comment

• I think it is a interesting way to look at it. However the stats do not refer to Andrea's total number of attempted shots over the year . I have a feeling it has increased over the years as he has become our exclusive offensive outlet . If that's the case its not surprising his 3 point attempts % is lower than Dirk. I like how someone laughs off at Dwight's offense. Dwight can score more if he wanted to because he is unstoppable in the rim and he draws double teams to him making it easy for others to play from. And he is 3rd in NBA in scoring (compare his 21.2 to 21.5 of Bargnani and 26.2 for Amare when he takes significantly lesser shots than both of them). So he is up there or better offensively depending on what you value.

I think the real criticism about Andrea's offense is as someone mentioned he is an above average 3 point shooter in the league (considering he is a big man). He can really use his range to full effect if he drains them when he is unmarked or on a mismatch. I often see him take some predictable shots over a defender (which affects his %) and the opposition grabs the rebound and scores in a fast break. Why take those shots when you can play it your team mates like Calderon or Barbossa who are better 3 point shooters or make a play for someone else by drawing the defense to you?

Comment

• Ray Allen - the best 3-point shooter of all-time - shoots 39% for his career from beyond the arc. He is the greatest at what he does. Bargnani shoots 2% less than that while being 7ft tall... so that makes him not at least a good 3pt shooter? Dirk shoots 38% for his career. He's not a good 3pt shooter by these standards? wtf?

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              quite right...my point was that all the things he is doing now he was capable of doing in years past, he just did them less frequently. his per-game numbers have increased, but that's a function of a higher USG% than before & more FGAs/game, not because he's shooting the ball at a better rate.

i guess i have a hard time seeing what bargs is doing now as some staggering improvement...he's basically the same player, with a greater share of responsibility on the offensive end of the floor. perhaps that in & of itself is impressive, and i don't mean to gloss over it; for all of bosh's inabilities as a leader, he did open up the floor for bargs, and i have been impressed with his (bargs') ability to continue to be effective offensively without a consistent 2nd option on this team. i suppose we can deem that an improvement.
                              there's probably quite a few folks who thought bargs would struggle w/o bosh on the court this season. but bargs is proving that as the #1 option on this team...he can do it. and the exciting thing is that he's getting better as the season progressess...

look at his #'s from the beginning of the season till now:

ppg/rebs/asts/fg%/3fg%

oct: 21 / 3.5 / 1 / 44.1 / 66.7
                              nov: 20.7 / 5.3 / 1.3 / 44.9 / 38
                              dec: 21.9 / 6.5 / 2.4 / 50 / 29.7
                              jan: 23.8 / 6.8 / 2.5 / 50.7 / 40

for all intent and purposes...this is the only guy opposing coaches have to gameplan for and he's still putting up some pretty damn impressive #'s. he's shooting better, he's passing better and he's rebounding better as the season goes along.

and if you look at the list of 20ppg scorers in the league, only one other player (granger) is not playing with either an elite pg or a 18+ ppg caliber scorer. even kevin love has 20+ ppg scorer beasley on the court with him. maybe derozan develops into one but he's definitely not one now.

imho, i think he has been very impressive this season and has somewhat surpassed my expectations for him. there definitely is a huge improvement from him this season considering his role. now imagine he had an aggressive pg/sg that would give him 2-3 extra easy baskets per game? if derozan keeps up the type of production he's been having the past 3 weeks, then maybe we see even better #'s from bargs...

i'm curious to see how it plays out the final 3 months of the season...

Comment

• djsunyc wrote: View Post
                                and if you look at the list of 20ppg scorers in the league, only one other player (granger) is not playing with either an elite pg or a 18+ ppg caliber scorer. even kevin love has 20+ ppg scorer beasley on the court with him. maybe derozan develops into one but he's definitely not one now.
                                Aldridge is also doing it. Brandon Roy is out and could be potentially done for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X