Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    LOL, go figure Simmons rips anyone NOT on the Celtics.

Anyone tried getting through his book? It's been collecting dust on my bookshef for 2 yrs. Afte the first 300 pages all about the Celtics and how they are the best team of any sport ever i put it down.

PS- Andrea should be in the 3 pt contest
    I hope this is a joke Multi. He is shooting 34.4% 3pt, dropping for the last few years and is NOWHERE near the leading shooters for 3's.

Comment

• Bargnani has a lot of company in the "giving up more than twice what he scores" dept.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
        I hope this is a joke Multi. He is shooting 34.4% 3pt, dropping for the last few years and is NOWHERE near the leading shooters for 3's.
        come on Maleko, to quote Jay Triano "what the f**k you gonna do?", shrugs shoulders

Comment

LOL, go figure Simmons rips anyone NOT on the Celtics.

Anyone tried getting through his book? It's been collecting dust on my bookshef for 2 yrs. Afte the first 300 pages all about the Celtics and how they are the best team of any sport ever i put it down.

I read his book and thought it was great. No joke.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
            I read his book and thought it was great. No joke.
            me too. i'm not surprised that dudes like multi don't get 'it' though...
            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
              me too. i'm not surprised that dudes like multi don't get 'it' though...
              Ur still here? I thought the board took a poll and said no east coast fake raps fans allowed? Don't you have some kitchen party to go to?

Comment

• Bill Simmons is an annoying twat.

That was harsh, let me elaborate.

Simmons and Page 2 of ESPN are why I hate sports sometimes. A collection of overgrown frat guys who think they're the funniest guys in the room, and then go play beer pong before heading to the bar to pick up some tail. Simmons was the general exception to the rule, for the most part, in that he was funny. Then, about 6 years ago, he really started to think he was funny as well and therein began his descent into comedic mediocrity. You can tell when a comedian "tells a joke" as opposed to joking around. Dane Cook is an example of such mediocrity, as are Carlos Mencia or George Lopez or Russell Brand or a myriad of other comedians who I think are dreck yet clearly consider themselves funny for some heretofore unknown reason. Page 2 is essentially a collection of those, and Simmons has gone from an overly jokey albeit earnest fan to a brand unto himself, and he's become a smug overbearing joke who is responsible for sports coverage descending into a bunch of arrogant pr*cks who think they're the standard bearers for comedy.

*end of rant*
                "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                -Newsradio

Comment

• Having said all that, Andrea's play has been spectacularly crap, I'll choose to blame it on the knees.
                  "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                  -Newsradio

Comment

• Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
                    Bill Simmons is an annoying twat.

Simmons and Page 2 of ESPN are why I hate sports sometimes. A collection of overgrown frat guys who think they're the funniest guys in the room, and then go play beer pong before heading to the bar to pick up some tail. Simmons was the general exception to the rule, for the most part, in that he was funny. Then, about 6 years ago, he really started to think he was funny as well and therein began his descent into comedic mediocrity. You can tell when a comedian "tells a joke" as opposed to joking around. Dane Cook is an example of such mediocrity, as are Carlos Mencia or George Lopez or Russell Brand or a myriad of other comedians who I think are dreck yet clearly consider themselves funny for some heretofore unknown reason. Page 2 is essentially a collection of those, and Simmons has gone from an overly jokey albeit earnest fan to a brand unto himself, and he's become a smug overbearing joke who is responsible for sports coverage descending into a bunch of arrogant pr*cks who think they're the standard bearers for comedy.

*end of rant*
                    Welll said, and plus 10000000 for the Russell Brand comment. GTF outta here Russell Brand.

Comment

I agree and my God that avatar is the most horrible thing I've seen in a while.

Comment

Having said all that, Andrea's play has been spectacularly crap, I'll choose to blame it on the knees.
                        Are you choosing to blame the fact that he doesn't defend or rebound on his knees, as well?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bill Simmons is an annoying twat.

*end of rant*
                          People hate on him for being funny and if you don't find it humorous, I can't change that. I love reading sports writers that know their shit and still can me laugh.

Boston bias or not, the dude knows his ball. Season ticket holder since the age of 6. Not trying to sound like a dick but if you write a new york times best selling 1000 pg book on basketball ill listen to your opinion a little more.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• And for the record im not big on page 2 either, except for Simmons, Scoop, and when Hunter was still alive.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

People hate on him for being funny and if you don't find it humorous, I can't change that. I love reading sports writers that know their shit and still can me laugh.

Boston bias or not, the dude knows his ball. Season ticket holder since the age of 6. Not trying to sound like a dick but if you write a new york times best selling 1000 pg book on basketball ill listen to your opinion a little more.
                              George Dubya Bush wrote a bestselling book on politics, doesnt mean i'd care to read his opinion. Just sayin.

Comment

Snooki's book is #1 in the NY times best seller list, would you listen to her if she had a seminar on current social issues? Probably not.

Also, Simmons' book has a bunch of factual errors....so I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel.

Comment

Working...
                                X