No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem is he is a BYC player so his trade value is only about $4.5M. Useless to trade.

Comment

• we need to play him as much as we can let him pad his stats and try to hide his defensive defecencies as best as we can (ie play davis with him more) for the rest of the season and then trade his ass in the off season that would be the best course of action for us cuz theres no way were getting rid of him this year.......but hey i can only dream right

Comment

• I've been saying this for a long time. He brings absolutely nothing to this team, he is AT BEST an off the bench player and even then not a good one at that. Pairing him up with Bosh was one of the most idiotic ideas ever. What's more is that BC tried to defend himself, and deflect the blame onto Bosh, by saying he put talent around Bosh and still couldn't produce.

BC needs to go first though. Then ship Bargs out. I'd be perfectly content if we just gave him away for nothing. We'd still gain more in the long run if it meant having real NBA players like Johnson and Davis playing alongside one another.
        Last edited by nubreed000; Sat Jan 22, 2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• A lot of teams would take Bargnani in a flash and give up a decent player to get him. How in the world does he bring absolutely nothing to the team? Seriously what the hell is that? Most European players get a bad rap for playing no defense. That includes Dirk and Pau. BC is trying his best with what he has and it's not very much. Bargnani has some value and the fact you'd give him away for nothing is pretty stupid. BC or no BC there isnt a whole lot to that can be done with this team right now. No one wants to play on a losing team. And the fact that you call Johnson and Davis real NBA players and call Bargnani a bench player is pretty hilarious too.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Everyone goes through rough stretches. Trading them away isn't the answer.
            Just what is keeping him going to do for us? his help defence - which is extremely important in basketball - is extremely embarrasing. His offence is too inconsistent, and even when he is clicking, he doesn't really provide enough for us to win games.

Don't get me wrong, he's the best player on this team, but that's the problem. We aren't good enough to compete for a playoff spot, and we aren't bad enough to be in a good position for the draft. So what direction are we heading exactly? this isn't the "make us laugh" team we're talking about, we have the opportunity to make a good play for the organization and I hate the fact that BC continues to ignore it.

Comment

• HA this thread is awesome! Hey Multi paul where you at? How come ya ain't backin up your man? LOL Bargnani is GARBAGE we should trade him and whoever else for a top 3 pick this next year, and start over fresh. All these Euro-trash ballers need to realize this is the NBA not the UEFA cup. Stick to playing in Europe, the only exceptions are the best european players. Gasol, Nowitzki, T. Parker etc. The main reason we drafted Bargnani is cause of Gheridini hyped BC up cause they have the "Italian" ties.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                A lot of teams would take Bargnani in a flash and give up a decent player to get him. How in the world does he bring absolutely nothing to the team? Seriously what the hell is that? Most European players get a bad rap for playing no defense. That includes Dirk and Pau. BC is trying his best with what he has and it's not very much. Bargnani has some value and the fact you'd give him away for nothing is pretty stupid. BC or no BC there isnt a whole lot to that can be done with this team right now. No one wants to play on a losing team. And the fact that you call Johnson and Davis real NBA players and call Bargnani a bench player is pretty hilarious too.
                Such an apologist response. Keep cheering for mediocrity, keep coming up with excuses and they'll keep on serving you a crap product. Bargs is supposed to be so effing talented, and yet he can't do much besides score. And even that isn't usually working out for him. What's this guys career high again? And how long did it take him to get it?

As for Davis and Johnson...let's break it down:
                Johnson, even when he's not scoring, or not rebounding, is still managing to contribute because he hustles...he fights to win the game. The guy is playing with a bad back and when he's on the court he's puts everything on the line to try to win.

Davis, on the other hand, plays in the NBA for the first time ever and manages to put up a career night within the first month. That career night happens to be a better overall game than Bargnani has put on in his 6 years. So uhhhh ya...laugh all you want but these guys come to PLAY BASKETBALL.

If so many teams would take Bargnani then we should have no problem unloading his coasting ass for a player that actually contributes. But I doubt it...otherwise we would've heard at least something that's been offered for him.
                Last edited by nubreed000; Sat Jan 22, 2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Another thread? There's a thread like this every time he has a bad game.

Trading him won't improve anything, because we won't be able to get anything back which is better than him. If there is a good trade involving Bargnani which improves this team, then yeah. But no one has been able to find a trade which both teams would accept and would make us any better.

Comment

• "No wonder Bosh left - I know it is a low blow but the lazy posterior Bargnani deserves it. "

Can you at least trying to avoid on top of all your stupidness even a line like this???

Comment

• its such a hard topic to argue, first of all bargs and his tantalizing talent is so much to pass up, however when ben wallace scores career high in points against our frontline, then change is definitely needed. I think its safe to say everyone want to see the raps win championships, and championship teams play defense, solid defense. and i dont know if we will ever see that from barg, in his 5th year we still have to watch guys walk right pass him for lay ups and rebounds, its too much to take.
                      as for the argument that hes needs to play his natural PF position, i still dont see how that will affect his defense, and hes not that great of an offensive player to mask the shortcomings. Do something about it BC !

Comment

• My problem isn't necessarily his defense as there are plenty of other players (Calderon, Kleiza, DeRozan) who are equally as bad on defense. The issue I have with him is that he is just so damn lazy. He constantly lets guys just go to the rim and collect offensive boards because his is either too lazy or too stupid to box them out. I watched a total of about 5 minutes of last nights game during the third when it was still a close game and he must have missed about 4 or 5 or his box outs. I mean 4 or 5 a game is inexcusable but I could live with it. But in five minutes. Awful.
                        Deadallus

Comment

• It's old news, Andrea doesn't have the eye of the tiger. He's not a natural competitor.

However, any trade should bring back some good assets.

How about Bargs and Solomon for Mayo and Thabeet.

or Bargs and Jose for Mayo and a 1rst rounder.

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
                            It's old news, Andrea doesn't have the eye of the tiger. He's not a natural competitor.

However, any trade should bring back some good assets.

How about Bargs and Solomon for Mayo and Thabeet.

or Bargs and Jose for Mayo and a 1rst rounder.
                            Those aren't good trades. We would have a gaping hole at the 5 spot. And Mayo isn't THAT good.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              Those aren't good trades. We would have a gaping hole at the 5 spot. And Mayo isn't THAT good.
                              We already have a gaping hole at the 5 defensively. It's name is bargnani.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                                Problem is he is a BYC player so his trade value is only about $4.5M. Useless to trade.
                                I've heard this before. I'm just wondering, could this be to our advantage as well? Let's say he's earning his $9.5 Mil, wouldn't that be harder to move? Wouldn't we have to take players we don't want to even the salaries within 125% of each other? Couldn't we get a very good young player in his rookie contract for him? I'm just wondering.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X