Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptorsfan4life wrote: View Post
    andrea bargnani 25.8 pt .500 of 19.6 fg .833 of 6.0 ft .375 of 3.2 3p 5.2/0.4 rb 1.8 as 0.0 bl 0.5 st 2.8 to 3.2 pf 37.8 mn 10/10 gs

andrea bargnani 24.0 pt .516 of 18.2 fg .778 of 5.4 ft .333 of 3.0 3p 5.4/0.0 rb 1.6 as 0.0 bl 0.6 st 2.6 to 3.4 pf 36.5 mn 5/5 gs (last 5 games)

brags when healthy is a pretty efficient player.
    king bargs!

Comment

• Throw the stats out the window pls we are not winning even tho players on this team are outing up numbers. Why is that

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Throw the stats out the window pls we are not winning even tho players on this team are outing up numbers. Why is that
        Because other than a couple, most of our players suck.

Comment

• Changing Opinion

It says changing as in I haven't made up my mind yet, but watching Bargnani as of late has made me question his contribution to the team. I appreciate how he can score from anywhere on the court, it's a tough skill to develop. The problem is that he is our center and as our center he needs to be in the paint much more often. I have the same problem with Ajinca but that's a different discussion. I know Bargnani has incredible range on his shot but he can't park himself at the free throw line all day. Then throw him into defense and he looks lost. His positioning is bad. I remember seeing him looking at the guy he was defending and there is no way he could have seen the ball. The guard drove right throw the lane and behind Bargs for an easy lay-up. He just doesn't get it, he just can't play defense. I don't think he jumps to block shots either. This isn't the euroleague where you're the tallest guy around and you just have to stand there to block shots. Vince Carter once jumped over someone taller than you and dunked on him. There's probably at least one guy on every team that could posterize you every night if not more in a similar fashion. get off your feet and man up down there.

If this persists he can't be a cornerstone or even in a starting lineup. He is very talented, no doubt. Defensively he is way underdeveloped and has to improve if he's goin to stick with us going forward. Colangelo may value his #1 pick but even he has to acknowledge that there is needed development. Have him work out with Mutumbo this summer to learn the angles, position, etc. He's shown glimmers of hope along the way and I have no reason to believe he can't learn it, it's just matter of doing it.

Comment

• White Swan isn't going to get it defensively or rebounding albertan_10. I was feeling the same way as you were last year. But last year, Bargs actually had shown improvement, this year, he's somehow regressed. I honestly and sincerely believe that we just can't be successful with him (and Calderon) on this team. In the end, barring drastic improvement, he is going to come of the bench, or he's going to have have to be moved.

But screw defense and historically poor rebounding, Black Swan got 23 points on 50% shooting!

Comment

• Bargnani's Market value?

This is my first thread of the 2010-2011 season, so i'm a bit rusty. Also I looked for a site that showed NBA Salaries by position but didn't really find anything, if someone has a good site please let me know. Okay on to the post...

I haven't watched a lot of Raptors games this year and since I don't have cable, when I am going to watch one I usually go to my friends place and we watch the game together. Neither one of us are Bargs fans and given the opportunity I think we would both trade him. However, my friend contends that Bargs lack of defense and hefty contract make him UNTRADEABLE. This seems a bit on the extreme side to me. Surely a 7footer who can score from anywhere has some value? I poised this question to my friend who argued that GMs today use all kinds of fancy metrics and none are stupid enough bring him on. My friend is known to exaggerate but i got me thinking. What is Bargnani's market value?

Here's Bargnani's remaining contract according to hoopdata

8.5m This year
              9.25m 2011-2012
              10m 2012-2013
              10.75m 2013-2014
              11.5m 2014-2015 (player option)

for a grand total of 41 million.

Obviously, he is not going to be traded anytime soon (even if we were allowed to) but I'd like to get a sense of whether he would be in demand if available. I'm not trying to start a trade bargs thread, more just wondering if other GM's would want him. Your thoughts?
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• It's raw but:

Bargs for Kaman + T-Wolves' pick.

We do this because we get a true center. (But it'll really be J O'Neal all over again) AND that T-Wolves pick will still be quite high.

The Clippers need consistent shooting. Even in their fanbase, their saying that they need a Euro. The Rim Reaper and Jordan are both excellent rebounders. A rotation of Blake/Jordan/White Swan would sound really nice to Sterling. Bargs is also not black, so Sterling will like this a bit more.

I think that there would be good value for him last year. The ideal time to move him would be at the draft.

Comment

• Came across this on Eric Koreen's twitter: "Andrea Bargnani: 2,029 minutes, 311 rebounds. Ed Davis: 1,038 minutes, 315 rebounds. Let that marinate."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You?
                  Last edited by Mack North; Mon Mar 7, 2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Came across this on c/o Eric Koreen's twitter: "Andrea Bargnani: 2,029 minutes, 311 rebounds. Ed Davis: 1,038 minutes, 315 rebounds. Let that marinate."

thats just sad.

Comment

Came across this on Eric Koreen's twitter: "Andrea Bargnani: 2,029 minutes, 311 rebounds. Ed Davis: 1,038 minutes, 315 rebounds. Let that marinate."

Laugh. It's the only way to stay sane if you're a Raptors fan. You could also make yourself feel better by focusing on the fact that Ed Davis is a really good rebounder...

Comment

Came across this on Eric Koreen's twitter: "Andrea Bargnani: 2,029 minutes, 311 rebounds. Ed Davis: 1,038 minutes, 315 rebounds. Let that marinate."

laugh.. its not really all that shocking.. bargs is a below average rebounder, and davis is showing he's an above average rebounder.. it doesnt surprise me that he's twice the rebounder bargs is

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                          Bargs is also not black, so Sterling will like this a bit more.
                          WhatWhat, this is just gold. Black History month in March and let's celebrate by inviting the poor kids to the game. Does this man have a PR Director? I'm howling at your comment. Heck, he'll probably have Mafia Night for Bargnani once he's a Clipper!
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• LMFAO, Why did Multipaul get banned?

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              LMFAO, Why did Multipaul get banned?
                              Why anyone else would get banned - a violation of rules on the forum.

Personally, I find this comment juvenille and without need, especially considering the person is unable to reply or defend himself. Multipaul has a short term ban and I hope he comes back posting within the guidelines of the forum. He offers an insight that is opposite to many of the posters here that I, for one, appreciate. The forum is based on discussion of opinions and seldom are topics clear cut right or wrong. Hopefully Multipaul, and everyone else, can keep future discussions on the topic at hand without disrespectful or inappropriate comments because one does not agree with another's opinion.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Why anyone else would get banned - a violation of rules on the forum.

Personally, I find this comment juvenille and without need, especially considering the person is unable to reply or defend himself. Multipaul has a short term ban and I hope he comes back posting within the guidelines of the forum. He offers an insight that is opposite to many of the posters here that I, for one, appreciate. The forum is based on discussion of opinions and seldom are topics clear cut right or wrong. Hopefully Multipaul, and everyone else, can keep future discussions on the topic at hand without disrespectful or inappropriate comments because one does not agree with another's opinion.
                                agreed.. i see multipaul in the same way i see tim w... just polar opposites of the same magnet.. tim is analytical well-informed "bargs hater"... multi is a passionate "bargs fanboy"... while i dont really agree with either viewpoint entirely, i can appreciate both sides of the coin... unfortunately, having an opinion in one direction or the other on the topic is always going to lead to people trolling on you and bringing out the worst in you... tis the way of the interwebs

hopefully the short term ban doesnt keep him away for good.. he's one of the few people who made the board fun.. his "bargs is tupac" thread was gold

Comment

Working...
                                X