Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things pop to my mind on this story:

First, it is a rumour. I'm sure tomorrow the story will be out saying this is not true. The team is so bad and in such need no one is untradeable.

Second, it could be a leak much like the Teacher's Pension Plan accountant leak a few weeks ago. Maybe it is out there to take away the argument of those in MLSE against Colangelo that he is unwilling to trade Bargnani.

Third, I wish MLSE would have closure on the GM situation already. With so much uncertainty it would be nice to have at least one order of business settled.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I notice how there are two high talent guys in the top ten who are centers. Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Canter.
      Only Canter is top 10 at #4. Jonas is projected at #16.
      Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
        That depends on which site you go to. DraftExpress has him at #3 after spending the last little while at #2.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          Like Matt said, Draft Express is ranking Jonas as the 3rd best prospect in the draft. They're ranking Kanter 9th.

NBADraft.net doesn't usually get it right. Neither does DraftExpress.com. Not when we're in March and the draft is at the end of June.

Comment

• Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Don't think this is true. Thy didn't even get the year he was drafted right. That doesn't say much about a New York paper's knowledge of our team.

Comment

• Are we projecting DAntoni to suddenly become a defensive coach (which this team needs in spades) or that the team will sprout 3 pt. mobile shooters (which the team sorely lacks) which the DAntoni system depends on? Havent we all spent far too long complaining about the need for more defense (read any Barg thread). This franchise has ultimately suffered for not having a serious commitment to the team playing at least average defense. And then we have the possibility that AB will be moved....but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?

There some holes I see in all this. No?

Can BC sign first please before all these predictions are even taken semi seriously.
                Last edited by Bendit; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Are we projecting DAntoni to suddenly become a defensive coach (which this team needs in spades) or that the team will sprout 3 pt. mobile shooters (which the team sorely lacks) which the DAntoni system depends on? Havent we all spent far too long complaining about the need for more defense (read any Barg thread). This franchise has ultimately suffered for not having a serious commitment to the team playing at least average defense. And then we have the possibility that AB will be moved....but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?

There some holes I see in all this. No?

Can BC sign first please before all these predictions are even taken semi seriously.
                  When a roster is constructed that fits D'Antoni's system, his teams have been successful, and by successful I mean Slighty above average in defensive rating. The roster in NY is nothing like what he worked with in PHX and it does not suit the team moving forward. BC and MD'A need each other right now.

"but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?"

I disagree. Bargnani can shoot but he lacks the explosiveness and athleticism seen in D'Antoni typical starting big men and ruggedness of bench big men.

Comment

• This is big mistake !! Neither Ed or DD are the type of Players that you focus your rebuilding process around. They are just nice player to have just like AB is. AB provides the void and the gap that is in the ED's offensive game.

I think Jay and BC are looking for escape goat and AB is that person which they can use to blame the defensive woes on.

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        This is big mistake !! Neither Ed or DD are the type of Players that you focus your rebuilding process around. They are just nice player to have just like AB is. AB provides the void and the gap that is in the ED's offensive game.

I think Jay and BC are looking for escape goat and AB is that person which they can use to blame the defensive woes on.
                        You know ED is a 21 year old big man who had wrist injury last year and knee injury to start this season who has a soft touch and developing jump shot who is shooting 60% from field and who had 19 and 21 points in last two games?

To say he has a gap in his offensive game is very premature in my opinion.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          This is big mistake !! Neither Ed or DD are the type of Players that you focus your rebuilding process around. They are just nice player to have just like AB is. AB provides the void and the gap that is in the ED's offensive game.

Whether building around Ed or DD is a mistake is definetely a fair question.

However, AB does nothing to help Ed Davis. Sure as hell didn't last night and he had his highest scoring game of the season. What Ed needs now is touchs to see if he is capable of being more than a 10-10 kinda guy.

And AB is hardly anyone's scapegoat. He was their biggest mistake. Have the last 5 yeas of people pointing that out somehow espacped you?

I also agree with Matt52. AB is in no way a "quintessential D'Antoni" player. He couldn't be farther from it (not athletic, doesn't move the ball, doesn't run the floor). Amir would be a much more comparable D'Antoni guy

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            You know ED is a 21 year old big man who had wrist injury last year and knee injury to start this season who has a soft touch and developing jump shot who is shooting 60% from field and who had 19 and 21 points in last two games?

To say he has a gap in his offensive game is very premature in my opinion.

Again, you guys are jumping up and down without realizing the real talent the same way you did for James Johnson or Bayless.

No one denys that Ed Davis is a great player. I am actually advocating moving Amir because Ed will be a head and shoulder above him next season. BUT Ed is not a center player to a winning team. He is just a small part of puzzle. Same goes to DD. They are good to great player to have in a a team but not what a team should be build around.

You build a team around Natural born leaders, a real star and then you use the guys like Davis and DD to complement him.
                            Look at Chicago Bulls, they did not build the team around Noah. They build it around Rose and used players like Noah to complement it.

Comment

• What ever else you can say about AB, he absolutely runs the floor. He gets transition layups, dunks, and three-pointers. Obviously the wings are more the main point of our transition game, but Bargs plays his part. And D'Antoni's system relies on having lots of 3-point threats. Bargs is a fit in that respect as well.

But then, you (GarbageTime) think bargs is MLSE's biggest mistake, so we shouldn't be expecting reasonable analysis.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                                Whether building around Ed or DD is a mistake is definetely a fair question.

However, AB does nothing to help Ed Davis. Sure as hell didn't last night and he had his highest scoring game of the season. What Ed needs now is touchs to see if he is capable of being more than a 10-10 kinda guy.

And AB is hardly anyone's scapegoat. He was their biggest mistake. Have the last 5 yeas of people pointing that out somehow espacped you?

I also agree with Matt52. AB is in no way a "quintessential D'Antoni" player. He couldn't be farther from it (not athletic, doesn't move the ball, doesn't run the floor). Amir would be a much more comparable D'Antoni guy
                                AB for the price we are paying, is a great offensive player, Average one on one defender and a weak team defender. In a right system, he will take the next step and will blossom to his potential.

I am actually hoping that he be moved so Raptor fans once again see the danger of falling for scrubs and pushing the stars out of their city. Last year Bosh, this year is AB.

Comment

Working...
                                X