Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I added a piece to my post. You must have hit reply before I entered it.
    Just saw it. Again, I would say an Impact player is someone who can take over a game, or force the other team to change their strategy to combat him. I've only seen 2-3 games this year where that happened.

Do I think he can get there, yes, I do, but i was hoping for more next year. I'm not a DD hater, just a realist, I think alot of fans are banking on something that isnt there yet.

Comment

• So the only people on the floor who have make an impact are guys who take over the game? So basically you're saying guys like Shane Battier and Rn Artest don't impact games. Right.

Comment

So the only people on the floor who have make an impact are guys who take over the game? So basically you're saying guys like Shane Battier and Rn Artest don't impact games. Right.
        I would say they "affect" the game, not Impact the game. That is just how I would apply the actual term based on cause and effect. I can see how one might use it differently. I'm not trying to argue against you Apollo, I can see where you are coming from and respect your opinion.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          How do you evaluate effort? If a guy plays through injuries and illnesses, even if his #'s arent as high, at least he played, and didnt whine about it like CB4 would have done. Lots of days I go to work when I'm sick, and have trouble putting in the best effort, but at least I go and try.
          Not running up the court, not moving when the ball bounces off the rim, getting beat down the court by opposing players, doesn't move his feet and so on.
          Bargnani himself admitted a few months ago he sometimes gets lazy...doesn't know why.

You obviously watch the games, compare for yourself the games, and he has had them, where he is pounding the boards, playing inspired energetic defense, and of course scoring, to the ones where he is just scoring, or for that matter playing like crap.

I understand the injury/illness argument, however if he is that sick all the time, dude needs to start taking some vitamin C or something. He's a professional BB player and has access to docs, and equipment and trainers. (or is he too lazy to ask?)

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
            Not running up the court, not moving when the ball bounces off the rim, getting beat down the court by opposing players, doesn't move his feet and so on.
            Bargnani himself admitted a few months ago he sometimes gets lazy...doesn't know why.

You obviously watch the games, compare for yourself the games, and he has had them, where he is pounding the boards, playing inspired energetic defense, and of course scoring, to the ones where he is just scoring, or for that matter playing like crap.

I understand the injury/illness argument, however if he is that sick all the time, dude needs to start taking some vitamin C or something. He's a professional BB player and has access to docs, and equipment and trainers. (or is he too lazy to ask?)
            In an interview he was asked why he doesnt grab more rebs. this was in the locker room after a game. He looked pissed off at the reporter. He said "lazy I guess, I dont know". Do you think he was being serious? People take stuff way out of context.

Comment

In an interview he was asked why he doesnt grab more rebs. this was in the locker room after a game. He looked pissed off at the reporter. He said "lazy I guess, I dont know". Do you think he was being serious? People take stuff way out of context.
              Paul, if you truly believe Bargnani goes all out most games, you are napping yourself during the games.

Comment

Someone in here made a good point earlier. I think it was Mango. You'll have the whole league jumping on board for that price to take a chance. Somebody is going to overpay to get him.
                I agree that many teams will jump on this guy and that just show and confirms that there is REAL VALUE and REAL TALENT there that is worth risking and gambling on.

That being said, I am against over paying players. We over paid Jose, Jason Kapano and Amir Johnson. This time around, we really need to due a Risk Analysis ( like any other investment that a person does) and see how much we want to gamble on this guy.

As I said earlier, I am OK with gambling 12 million for 3 years and 10 for 2. If it takes more money, then I guess we can just step aside and let the other teams pay up.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Bargs has already proven he is a liability on defense. He manages to be a big reason why the Raptors are last in the league in defense.
                  the whole is greater than the sum of all parts.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                    the whole is greater than the sum of all parts.
                    Don't worry about Tim Dub, he's one of those guys that's never happy. Once Bosh left, everything fell apart for the poor fella.

Comment

How do you evaluate effort? If a guy plays through injuries and illnesses, even if his #'s arent as high, at least he played, and didnt whine about it like CB4 would have done. Lots of days I go to work when I'm sick, and have trouble putting in the best effort, but at least I go and try.
                      its also funny that efficency doesn't consider the health of a player. King Bargs NSN-BWO

Comment

Don't worry about Tim Dub, he's one of those guys that's never happy. Once Bosh left, everything fell apart for the poor fella.
                        its funny you mentioned Bosh. I was just thinking that Bargnani is having a more productive season this year than Bosh had for us last year considering the circumstances and the talent level on this roster as appose to last years roster. Yet most people wanted Bosh to resign before he screwed us. My only explenation for the Bargnani hate this year is that the same people who supported Bosh were very critical of Bargnani all these years. They still must be in denial that Bargs is suddenly turning into such a force after four years of underutilization and poor player management / development. So to sum up the Bargnani critics from day 1 are in shock at his transformation and wont change their minds no matter what.
                        Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Wed Mar 30, 2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

its funny you mentioned Bosh. I was just thinking that Bargnani is having a more productive season this year than Bosh had for us last year considering the circumstances and the talent level on this roster as appose to last years roster. Yet most people wanted Bosh to resign before he screwed us. My only explenation for the Bargnani hate this year is that the same people who supported Bosh were very critical of Bargnani all these years. They still must be in denial that Bargs is suddenly turning into such a force after four years of underutilization and poor player management / development. So to sum up the Bargnani critics from day 1 are in shock at his transformation and wont change their minds no matter what.
                          I agree 1000000%%%, if CB was putting up Bargs #'s from this year, last year, they would be fine with it.

Comment

"What is he doing?
                            "Why is he 15 feet from the basket on D with no one around him? Do rebounds go there?
                            "Why is he, uhm ... there?
                            "Wait ... wait ... wait ... nope, he's not going to pick up that guy."
                            "Why would he do that?
                            "Who doesn't love when he twitches in the direction he could defend, then decides not to do it."
                            "Where did he go, he's not even onscreen?"
                            "Why I think he could get blocked out by an actual pylon. Or at least momentarily confused."

These are things that I have said to the TV over the last month.

*edited out massive profanity for younger posters
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I agree 1000000%%%, if CB was putting up Bargs #'s from this year, last year, they would be fine with it.
                              plus think about it CB was playing with BARGS. Take away bargs from last years team do u think there is anyways Bosh would have the year he had? Highly doubtful

Comment

plus think about it CB was playing with BARGS. Take away bargs from last years team do u think there is anyways Bosh would have the year he had? Highly doubtful
                                Another good point! Bosh was leaning on Bargs last year, and also would throw him under the bus when he had a bad game himself!

Comment

Working...
                                X