Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    The raps really need to start a "Bargs is Tupac" ad campaign... its so nonsensical, yet so awesome.
    I want royalties on that btw

Bargs is Tupac
    King Bargs
    BWO4LIFE

and from Dunkin

NSN

Comment

• imagine walking up to the ACC for a game.. and on the big screen outside, across from real sports.. they have a big pic of bargs head superimposed on tupac's body.

im not even joking... i'd put up with 5 years of last place in the league if the franchise had the balls to pull off that level of comedy gold on a nightly basis.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
        imagine walking up to the ACC for a game.. and on the big screen outside, across from real sports.. they have a big pic of bargs head superimposed on tupac's body.

im not even joking... i'd put up with 5 years of last place in the league if the franchise had the balls to pull off that level of comedy gold on a nightly basis.
        Royalties biotches, thats my idea

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ighlight=tupac

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          As for Bargnani, I've said time and time again that I have a minimum standard for ANY basketball player. Bargnani doesn't meet that standard. .
          So you saying that Bargnani doesnt even meet your minimum standard? thats just sad.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzbb3rwU8AA

bargnani use to be the man....

Comment

• The Rawth wrote: View Post
              So you saying that Bargnani doesnt even meet your minimum standard? thats just sad.
              It is sad. A guy with that much talent should at least be an adequate defensive player and rebounder. But when all that person seems to care about is scoring points, well, he's not someone who you're going to win with.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Can Bargnani at least pretend that rebounding and defense matter?

•One thing that was interesting to me was the difference in responses from Bargnani and Triano when asked whether it’s tough to stay motivated at this point of the season. While Triano said that the guys have been good and focused when in practice, Bargnani took a different stance when he was asked whether it was hard to find motivation, saying:

“Yeah, of course it’s hard. You’re playing for nothing because you’re out of the (playoffs) but you’ve got a lot of motivation to find to keep playing.”

•Playing for nothing. Ouch. More alarming to me, however, was how he answered a question about what he is focusing on and trying to improve in the final weeks of the season. Rather than talking about defence or rebounding, he mentioned his jumpshot, dribbling and post-up moves. Glad he wants to improve on the offensive end, but there’s more to basketball than scoring points.
                I've made arguments for keeping Bargnani in the past. I do be live with the right people around him he could be a part of a successful team. His abilities on offense and the match up nightmares he can create are incredible.

HOWEVER

I also see his flaws and realize it is starting to look like he does not and will not ever 'get it'.

The above quotes and the bolded sections have taken me from 50/50 in wanting to trade Bargnani to about 70/30. This is beyond frustrating for me. We know he consistently doesn't do the things many fans want from him but it would be at least be nice to know it is at least a figment of his psyche.

I don't know if I want to throttle him for the quotes or admire him for at least being honest and true to himself and what he is about despite the views of others.

If a guy like Zaza Pachulia and a young player and/or a draft pick (which one or both depends on the player and the draft pick) can be had for him, I will not shed a tear.

Source

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzbb3rwU8AA

bargnani use to be the man....
                  He used to try on Defense as well ...

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Man, if only that fire was there night in and night out. Bring in Charles Oakley as a personal coach for him. One of two things will happen: 1) he'll play with fight, or 2) Oak will end his career with a brutal pummelling.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I've made arguments for keeping Bargnani in the past. I do be live with the right people around him he could be a part of a successful team. His abilities on offense and the match up nightmares he can create are incredible.

HOWEVER

I also see his flaws and realize it is starting to look like he does not and will not ever 'get it'.

The above quotes and the bolded sections have taken me from 50/50 in wanting to trade Bargnani to about 70/30. This is beyond frustrating for me. We know he consistently doesn't do the things many fans want from him but it would be at least be nice to know it is at least a figment of his psyche.

I don't know if I want to throttle him for the quotes or admire him for at least being honest and true to himself and what he is about despite the views of others.

If a guy like Zaza Pachulia and a young player and/or a draft pick (which one or both depends on the player and the draft pick) can be had for him, I will not shed a tear.

Source
                      lol this is a joke i am sure your writing this with the sole purpose of stirring up the pot
                      Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Is Andrea a Franchise Guy?

HoopsWorld article.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          He got out rebounded by vince multiple times in that clip atleast he showed fire

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                            lol this is a joke i am sure your writing this with the sole purpose of stirring up the pot
                            You obviously don't know Matt52. He's one of the most even-handed posters here. And not too long ago he was a big defender of Bargnani, so much so that we got into a couple of friendly debates about him. The fact that guys like him and Joe Panini are now starting to question whether it's a good idea to even keep Bargnani, is not a good sign at all. When his most reasonable fans start deserting him, you know there's something wrong.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                              Not at all. A true C who has never been given an opportunity to start in Pachulia (did you watch BOS/ATL last night? Hawks don't win without Zaza), a young player with a lot of upside (sticking with the Hawks, say they still had Jordan Crawford), and a 1st round pick would be a great return in my opinion.

Solid rotational player C, young player on rookie deal, and lottery pick for Bargs - I would think very long and hard (*snickers*he said long and hard*snickers*).

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                You obviously don't know Matt52. He's one of the most even-handed posters here. And not too long ago he was a big defender of Bargnani, so much so that we got into a couple of friendly debates about him. The fact that guys like him and Joe Panini are now starting to question whether it's a good idea to even keep Bargnani, is not a good sign at all. When his most reasonable fans start deserting him, you know there's something wrong.
                                I wouldn't say deserted. Seriously contemplating a future without him and extreme frustration with his body language, effort, and recent quotes are much more accurate.

For all his faults, 20ppg scorers and players combining his size and skill set are a rarity and he is an asset. With the right supporting cast I have no doubt he'll flourish. Lately, I question whether the supporting cast can be acquired in Toronto soon enough to ensure a culture of losing is not engrained and the young talent we do have wish to continue to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X