No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope he doesn't mean he should improve from the 3-point line ahead of defense and rebounding. I'm sure it just looks that way because it's in print, right?

Comment

• Gherardini is the biggest Bargnani homer, his quotes in that article are flat out disturbing.

Reggie Evans wrote:
      Just imagine if I had played the whole season. Would anybody be talking about him rebounding or not?
      Lol...just...I don't even.

Jose Calderon wrote:
      I think [Bargnani] is doing a great job for us, he has developed his game in every aspect. It is not only about the stats. I don't look at numbers, I look at what you can do on the court, in practice every day to help your teammates and he's been doing great in that situation. He is doing a great job as our leader.

Sometimes leaders are different. You don't need to be out there talking all the time. You just need to go and practice hard every day and show your teammates how to be a professional. We don't need a guy who is out there talking every day. Sometimes we just look for that, sometimes it can be a fake leader.
      /facepalm through skull

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
        what were they suppose to do ? talk shit about him ? bargnani doesn't fit in with the other guys and his defense/rebounding is a huge liability i hope he see's and tries to improve on this..
        He has regressed in rebounding from last season, and Bosh isn't even on the team any longer. Not to mention Reggie has been out most of this season again as well. How many years will it take for him to realize he MUST get better and just do it?

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
          Gherardini is the biggest Bargnani homer, his quotes in that article are flat out disturbing.

/facepalm through skull
          You are a disturbing bargnani hater.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
            You are a disturbing bargnani hater.
            in all honesty how can we win a championship with bargnani playing a major role ? all he has proven is he can score and not in a elite enough way to make much of a difference... lets have a serious debate why bargnani is still the one, and why he should still be on this team.

Comment

Gherardini is the biggest Bargnani homer, his quotes in that article are flat out disturbing.

/facepalm through skull
              Wait, those were quotes from Evans and Calderon. I don't follow?

Mack North wrote: View Post
              He has regressed in rebounding from last season, and Bosh isn't even on the team any longer. Not to mention Reggie has been out most of this season again as well. How many years will it take for him to realize he MUST get better and just do it?
              I don't buy that because Ed Davis has been tremendous on the glass. So has Amir. Both Ed and Amir have stepped up this year big time. This isn't meant to give Bargnani a free pass but I don't think it's accurate to imply his rebounding number should be up just because Bosh isn't around. The Raptors are averaging the same number of RPG this year as last year. I don't think he's regressed but I don't think he's improved either. His numbers are down more, I think, because he's saving more for his offense and his offense is keeping him away from the offensive rebounding opportunities even more. At the end of the day I still think his rebounding sucks.

Comment

/facepalm through skull
                i know right ? being vocal means a lot if you're a leader on a team.

Comment

• It doesn't to Tim Duncan and the Spurs. Just saying...

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                    in all honesty how can we win a championship with bargnani playing a major role ? all he has proven is he can score and not in a elite enough way to make much of a difference... lets have a serious debate why bargnani is still the one, and why he should still be on this team.
                    lol iv never said he was the one. No one man can solve all the raptors current problems. Tell me why he should be traded and if he were to be traded who would be able to replace him that would make a bigger difference.
                    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Mon Apr 4, 2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      It doesn't to Tim Duncan and the Spurs. Just saying...
                      wow if you think duncan isn't vocal... you can't be that kind of defensive juggernaut without talking alot on defense, in the locker room ? idk but i doubt he just sits there all quiet eating a banana.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        It doesn't to Tim Duncan and the Spurs. Just saying...
                        spurs = silent but deadly

Comment

lol iv never said he was the one. No one man can solve all the raptors current problems. Tell me why he should be traded and if he were to be traded who would be able to replace him that would make a bigger difference.
                          he should be traded or given less of a role because he's a liability and is getting paid 50 mil to be a heartless punk... the dude is 7'0 255 lbs but is not using his body at all ! even rupaul has done some dirty work for us last year and he is 20-25 pounds lighter the rupaul of big men is manlier than bargs !

he's showing glimpses of turkoglu get a fat contract and chill like chris bosh.

Comment

I think this has been discussed ad nauseum. The reasons many of us have for wanting him traded is because he is a big man who is a liability on the defensive end, and it's just too difficult to win with a handicap like that. And as for replacing him with someone who can make a bigger impact, that's not really the point. The point is getting the right type of players, and building with them. Bargnani is a very good scorer, but there are serious and very legitimate questions about whether he can play a major roll on a good team. So it seems to me the best option is to trade him and try and get players who have skills better suited to a team that can play both ends of the floor.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              I think this has been discussed ad nauseum. The reasons many of us have for wanting him traded is because he is a big man who is a liability on the defensive end, and it's just too difficult to win with a handicap like that. And as for replacing him with someone who can make a bigger impact, that's not really the point. The point is getting the right type of players, and building with them. Bargnani is a very good scorer, but there are serious and very legitimate questions about whether he can play a major roll on a good team. So it seems to me the best option is to trade him and try and get players who have skills better suited to a team that can play both ends of the floor.
                              Timmy boyy I see you woke up from the people's elbow welcome back... all i have to say is

KING BARGS
                              NSN

Comment

• He's good.
                                No, he's not.
                                He scores.
                                He does not defend.
                                He has fantastic potential.
                                He has had 5 years.
                                Imagine how good he could be?
                                He has regressed everywhere, but offensively.
                                But it is Reggie's injury.
                                Reggie's injury? He does not play D.
                                It's his help D.
                                He needs to yell "Help D!" all the time.
                                He has talents no one else has.
                                He has deficiencies that are inarguable.
                                Stop seeing the negative.
                                Stop blissfully seeing the positive.
                                He's a future All Star.
                                He's a future 6th man on a good team.
                                He was the right 1st pick at the time.
                                Maybe he was, but now is the time to pull out.
                                If you trade him you will regret it.
                                If you do not trade him you will regret it.
                                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Working...
                                X