Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    Im ready for the pie-throwing, mud-slinging, face-spitting, hehehe.

If the raps do decide to keep Bargnani, what can you offer as solutions that will allow him to still contribute to the team?

My suggestion would be to play him ala-jamal crawford. make him your sixth man, give him 20-25 minutes, let him shoot to his heart's desire and play him along a defensive big who can man the paint while he does his thing.
    my solution is don't keep him
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• You know who would be a great centre to pair with him? Roy Hibbe.... uhh... never mind.

(BTW, a bit off topic, but when the GM is still using Jorge Garbajosa as an excuse for the team's failures, that's not exactly a good sign)
      Last edited by DirtyMikeSeaver; Mon Apr 18, 2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• I have the perfect solution to keeping Bargnani. Lowered expectations! If everyone just is content with a mediocre team with no hope of contending, then keeping Bargnani would be no problem.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Very frustrating reading through this thread. If I had a nickel for every ....

I can see Colangelo keeping Bargs. Next year is still a rebuilding year. I think more than anything else, Colangelo put his cards on the table to light a fire under Bargs' ass. If he doesn't show significant improvement next season on D, then Bargs will be shipped as soon as possible - maybe even the trade deadline. I can see Bargs getting the message and making strides to get better on D this summer. Even Bargs' die hard fans are growing weary.

So what needs to be done if we end up keeping Bargs? I think everything depends on the effort Bargs puts in this summer to develop on D. I think Colangelo will give him the chance. But if nothing is shown by Christmas, he will be shipped.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            You really want a situational bench player to be making what he is (and what he WILL be making)?
            Bargnani gets paid like a 2-3 option on a bad team. He gets paid like a 3-6 option on a good-great team. Trading or not trading bargnani will not change that we need MORE and BETTER players even with bargnani at his current contract. If I am contending for a top 3 seed in my conference I have absolutely NO problem paying my sixth man a bargnani-esques salary. However, at the end of the day I think that Bargnani is probably the piece that would most likely give us a return of a more value/production. If i am the gm I am shopping bargs like crazy, however, as a poster I want to give the impression that he could stick around and be useful (because he could be) and I don't want other gm's thinking they can low ball us because I know that Khan follows me on twitter! Let's all pretend that bargs could stay or go because he DOES have a unique skill set and could contribute by playing 20-30 mins a game. I don't think bargs would make a bad back up center. But seriously I'll be the first to pull the trigger on a bargs trade BUT i'm willing to wait for a good deal. You hear that Kahn!
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

hahaha nick, you just drew a bullseye on your back.

*in a whispering voice* - hey nick, nobody likes bargnani around here, lets just pretend we dont like him too so people here will like us. hehehehe
              LOOOOLL, I know what you mean. Lets all Hail to King Amir and YOUNG GUNZZZZZ
              By the way, this time last year, it was all about HOW bad Bosh is and HOW detrimental to the Franchise he was and ... Well, our Man is enjoying his time in Sunny Miami now while averaging 23 Pt. 12 rebound and 56% shooting on the first 2 games of Play Off.

I am hoping to see AB next year in the Play off, having some fun and enjoying himself. I am sure by then we have moved to the next best player on the team . Watch out DD, it is all about you next year.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                Bargnani gets paid like a 2-3 option on a bad team. He gets paid like a 3-6 option on a good-great team. Trading or not trading bargnani will not change that we need MORE and BETTER players even with bargnani at his current contract. If I am contending for a top 3 seed in my conference I have absolutely NO problem paying my sixth man a bargnani-esques salary. However, at the end of the day I think that Bargnani is probably the piece that would most likely give us a return of a more value/production. If i am the gm I am shopping bargs like crazy, however, as a poster I want to give the impression that he could stick around and be useful (because he could be) and I don't want other gm's thinking they can low ball us because I know that Khan follows me on twitter! Let's all pretend that bargs could stay or go because he DOES have a unique skill set and could contribute by playing 20-30 mins a game. I don't think bargs would make a bad back up center. But seriously I'll be the first to pull the trigger on a bargs trade BUT i'm willing to wait for a good deal. You hear that Kahn!
                Bargnani currently makes more than all but two players on Chicago, only only 3 next year after Noah's contract kicks in. He would make the 5th most amount with the Lakers this year, but 4th next season. The 4th most with Miami and the 5th most amount with Boston and Orlando. My problem is that he would not be the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or even 7th player on those teams. This is a guy, because he's such a massive liability half the time he's on the court, who should be playing 20 mpg on a contender. Maximum. He's certainly not getting paid like a guy who plays 20 mpg.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                  I can see Bargs getting the message and making strides to get better on D this summer.
                  Isn't that the same thing some people were saying last summer. And the summer before that?

Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• move him to the bench or get lost

Comment

• Remember

At the beginning of season the combination of Evans( concentrating on rebounding & defense) and Bargnani was effective. Overall, team played better than expected.

Then as usual injuries occur and our chances for playoff berth diminishes.

It is obvious that if Raptors had obtained Tyson Chandler,(better offensively than Evans) and paired him with Bargnani, season results may have been different.

Comment

• Maybe but that does not for a second mean that Bargnani in a starting role will lead to anything significant no matter who the Raptors can get to share the paint with him.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I have the perfect solution to keeping Bargnani. Lowered expectations! If everyone just is content with a mediocre team with no hope of contending, then keeping Bargnani would be no problem.
                          I really dont know why everybody else understands the premise of this thread except you.

I, tbihis, dont want to keep Bargnani and his stinky defense. Almost everybody in this site dont want to keep Bargnani, well maybe Multi. Thats been said and agreed upon. What MY thread is asking is, IF THE RAPS DO KEEP BARGNANI, and thats a big IF, what are the possible solutions to make it work?

You cant keep posting here and offering sarcastic remarks just because you dont think its a good idea to keep Bargnani. We get it, to you, keeping Bargnani will set this team back, but thats not the premise of my thread.

Comment

• funkie wrote: View Post
                            i don't see a solution that could be deemed a positive solution to both our franchise and value of bargs as an asset. limiting his minutes and decreasing his role is only going to minimize the return we'll receive for him while it'll do absolutely no good for his confidence and development as a player.

to keep the integrity of your thread alive, the only solution would to have him in the same role until he was traded.
                            See Tim, this is the kind of response you should be heading towards.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              I hate Bargnani's game. I don't recall ever liking his game since he came into the league. As far as solution is concerned, should BC retain his current position, there will be a concerted effort to really find a true center for Bargs (like an Okaforesque gargantuan effort). The plethora of true 5s in this league is as rare as diamonds in the rough. Sadly, if BC comes back, Andrea is not going anywhere (much to the chagrin of Tim W. and myself). As for the future of Ed Davis once AB slides into the 4-spot, who knows. I don't think BC is looking that far down the line (he's just worried about his contract status at the moment).
                              I actually succumbed to the pressure and decide against my best interest to listen to BC's presscon.

I think he's at the end of his rope when it comes to Bargnani. I think he will still give him next season to show improvement, but i dont doubt that if there is a good deal on the table that he wont be hesitant to deal him. Not just because he said nobody is untradeable but the only reference he made to bargnani was when somebody asked him. Unlike when it comes to Demar, Bayless, Amir, Ed and JJ, those names were always included in every positive line that he said. I mean not mentioning your so-called franchise player, for me, is a sign that he has already fallen out of favor.

I was also surprised he didnt even mention Sonny. And did not delve much into Jose. He mentioned Barbosa's injuries, but he never gave an update on Jose, who, i believe is still suffering from that hamstring. IMO, Jose will be traded this offseason. I dont think he's a part of the core anymore, as BC never even mentioned him in the same breath as those 6 i mentioned earlier.

im really, really, really interested to know what those 2 transactions were that couldve gotten them into playoff contention. I dont know if anybody on this thread mentioned Gerald Wallace, but i have a feeling that was one. I think the other one was probably some involvement with the Melo deal. Maybe something to do with Gallo or Felton...
                              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Apr 19, 2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I really dont know why everybody else understands the premise of this thread except you.

I, tbihis, dont want to keep Bargnani and his stinky defense. Almost everybody in this site dont want to keep Bargnani, well maybe Multi. Thats been said and agreed upon. What MY thread is asking is, IF THE RAPS DO KEEP BARGNANI, and thats a big IF, what are the possible solutions to make it work?

You cant keep posting here and offering sarcastic remarks just because you dont think its a good idea to keep Bargnani. We get it, to you, keeping Bargnani will set this team back, but thats not the premise of my thread.
                                I don't know why you're the only one who doesn't get it. First of all, i HAVE answered your question. You just didn't like it. Just because I'm not answering the question the way you want doesn't mean I'm not answering it.

Let me spell it out for you. Bargnani's lack of defense and rebounding as a big man are CRIPPLING to a team. Keep him and you are doomed to a future of mediocrity at best unless you stick him deep on the bench where his contract will hurt the franchise possibly even more than his flaws do. Keeping him is a no win situation. Period. You bring him off the bench and he's still hurting the team most of the time he's on the floor, but you've probably killed his trade value because he's never performed well off the bench. Start him at any position and you're never going to be a good defensive team.

There are no positive solutions to keeping Bargnani. Hows that?
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X