Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately we can still see that their posts are there, and their quotes. I wish "ignore" completely deleted any sign of their existence.
    Good call. Any way we can adjust this? Or have different degrees of 'Ignore'? Mods?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Good call. Any way we can adjust this? Or have different degrees of 'Ignore'? Mods?
      Unfortunately, that would be impossible with the way the software is constructed. It's not up to the mods but of the designers of the forum. That was always my problem when I'd put people on ignore. I'd still see some of the more insane stuff when someone quoted them and I couldn't resist responding.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• People seem to foget that aldrige always got te minutes since he came to the league .
        was always treated as high pick to start his career.
        plays with real center like pryzbilla and marcus camby .
        he is surounded by all stars or respected players .
        PLAY HE'S REAL POSITION THE SAME HE WAS DRATED FOR.

SO no comparaison is between the two is acepted on my part

bargs thrive as a second option (1 year) 1st option(1 year)
        aldrige had (4years of being the secon option so had time to adjust)

Comment

• ab7 wrote: View Post
          People seem to foget that aldrige always got te minutes since he came to the league .
          was always treated as high pick to start his career.
          plays with real center like pryzbilla and marcus camby .
          he is surounded by all stars or respected players .
          PLAY HE'S REAL POSITION THE SAME HE WAS DRATED FOR.

SO no comparaison is between the two is acepted on my part

bargs thrive as a second option (1 year) 1st option(1 year)
          aldrige had (4years of being the secon option so had time to adjust)
          Plus, he's just a far better player.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I really think this Bargnani bashfest that youre (Tim W.) going into is starting to get annoying and repetitive, much like Multi's King Bargs threads. I think its funny how you always railed Multi for posting all those Kings Bargs threads and yet here you are doing exactly the same thing.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              I really think this Bargnani bashfest that youre (Tim W.) going into is starting to get annoying and repetitive, much like Multi's King Bargs threads. I think its funny how you always railed Multi for posting all those Kings Bargs threads and yet here you are doing exactly the same thing.
              I already apologized to those who found it annoying. As I said, it was directed at someone and he's now gone. You may notice that since then, I've had exactly one post about Bargnani. I will fully admit that I sometimes get a little carried away, but, and this may sound like an excuse, it's always in reaction to someone.

Again, I apologize if you're annoyed, but keep in mind you're a little late to the party.
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                I really think this Bargnani bashfest that youre (Tim W.) going into is starting to get annoying and repetitive, much like Multi's King Bargs threads. I think its funny how you always railed Multi for posting all those Kings Bargs threads and yet here you are doing exactly the same thing.
                its not annoying its the truth.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  I already apologized to those who found it annoying. As I said, it was directed at someone and he's now gone. You may notice that since then, I've had exactly one post about Bargnani. I will fully admit that I sometimes get a little carried away, but, and this may sound like an excuse, it's always in reaction to someone.

Again, I apologize if you're annoyed, but keep in mind you're a little late to the party.
                  Let bygones be bygones.

All good.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    its not annoying its the truth.
                    What you are to Tim, is dunkinderozan to Multi.

Comment

• was multi permanently banned?

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                        was multi permanently banned?
                        Yes.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Hi to all,

you have seen Bargs in five raptors years. It's true. Andrea have poor defense and rebounding, ok... but we are really sure that all of this is caused by lack of bargs way of playing?

I'm italian and i don't want to defend him. I read and read posto on raptors republic but i ask you: You have ever seen bargs matches with benetton treviso? Two years with sam micthell and for years with cris bosh don't allowed him to grow up like as you would have liked. Andrea is a pf that have to play far from the basket. You can't change his nature but you could improve his deficencies. Bargs needed a personal coach (like bynum with kareem) to improve rbs and defense ability but you can't consider him the first guilty of raptors crash.

Probably the great error was due to brian colangelo and maurizio gherardini enthusiasm. Bargs is not a player for toronto raptors. He need the love of the environment. He can yet do the same carrier of dirk if he can found a team and a coach that appreciate his great qualities for a 7 foo players.

Belinelli now is a good player in no. Yeah is not a star but he can do the work of sg, defend and score about 11-12 pps. I think bargs far from toronto can become a great player, a nba star.

Gabriele
                          Last edited by queengab; Sat Apr 23, 2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• queengab wrote: View Post
                            Hi to all,

you have seen Bargs in five raptors years. It's true. Andrea have poor defense and rebounding, ok... but we are really sure that all of this is caused by lack of bargs way of playing?

I'm italian and i don't want to defend him. I read and read posto on raptors republic but i ask you: You have ever seen bargs matches with benetton treviso? Two years with sam micthell and for years with cris bosh don't allowed him to grow up like as you would have liked. Andrea is a pf that have to play far from the basket. You can't change his nature but you could improve his deficencies. Bargs needed a personal coach (like bynum with kareem) to improve rbs and defense ability but you can't consider him the first guilty of raptors crash.

Probably the great error was due to brian colangelo and maurizio gherardini enthusiasm. Bargs is not a player for toronto raptors. He need the love of the environment. He can yet do the same carrier of dirk if he can found a team and a coach that appreciate his great qualities for a 7 foo players.

Belinelli now is a good player in no. Yeah is not a star but he can do the work of sg, defend and score about 11-12 pps. I think bargs far from toronto can become a great player, a nba star.

Gabriele
                            +1 Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

• Messina coach defends Bargnani: "He does not deserve shoveling mud in Toronto"

Rome - (Adnkronos) - For the technical criticisms of the 'magician' by the president and general manager of the Raptors are excessive and unwarranted, "I do not semrba correct, it has always done better every year. I've coached, I know that person is. It has certain technical characteristics, as everyone needs to feel at ease to do their best "
                              Rome, April 20 - (Adnkronos) -''Bargnani and 'grew from year to year, and' always improved. Did not deserve those piles of mud.'' Canadian criticism to the 'magician' is excessive and unjustified: word coach Ettore Messina. Andrea Bargnani has come under fire by Jerry Colangelo, president and general manager of the Toronto Raptors, after the negative closed season with 22 victories and 60 defeats. The long Roman, the first overall pick in 2006, ended the year with 21.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game, often charging the attack on the shoulders of training led by coach Jay Triano. Conference in late season, Bargnani Colangelo called''the enigma of all enigmas''pointing the finger at the player, into a sort of scapegoat.

''It does not seem right,''says Messina, who coached Benetton Treviso to Bargnani. Andrea,''says the coach has always done better every year. I've coached, I know that person '. Has certain technical features, like everyone needs to feel at ease to do their best. Pull his piles of mud on him does not seem quite correct: in addition, we are not talking about a selfless young man. It 's a player who can stay in a dressing room and who knows what a team.''

''I respect the opinions of all and not let me go outside in detailed technical discussions. In principle, however, we are talking about a player growing. Andrea does not play for stats, play for the team but should not be too exciting to be part of a team to 20 wins per season,''says Messina.

The 'magician' is related to the Raptors by a valid contract until 2015. ''I hope that Andrea is adequately reflected environmental and technical, in Toronto at this point it seems difficult to reconcile the relationship. The hope of finding the conditions to do better, and this also blue key,''says Messina.

If Toronto really wants to sell the 25-year old Roman, the first move did not appear bright:''I do not see a genius in terms of communication and marketing, and sprimersi in this way on a player still under contract. Who was general manager of the year twice, one expects something more constructive. If they thought to stimulate Bargnani this was not, however, a great idea ...''.
                              tried translating it haha

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/News/Sp...927411439.html

Comment

• queengab wrote: View Post
                                Hi to all,

Gabriele
                                Gabriele,

I see you signed up a while ago, so you've hopefully read all the arguments we've had about Bargnani. There's obviously a difference of opinion.

Bargnani has obviously played well for Benetton Treviso, but that's almost a different game. Kleiza dominated when he went back to Europe for a year, but that simply doesn't translate to the NBA. Lots of very talented players never found their niche in the NBA and had to play elsewhere.

One of my problems with some Bargnani fans is the number of excuses they come up with to try and explain why Bargnani isn't playing the way they thought he would. At first they complained that Sam Mitchell was too hard on him and not giving him enough playing time, so Triano took over and that changed. Then when he still didn't perform up to expectations, they blamed Bosh for stifling his growth and preventing him from grabbing rebounds. Then Bosh leaves and Bargnani becomes the first option and his defense and rebounding actually get WORSE, despite guys like Amir, Reggie and Davis being asked to do the heavy lifting defensively. One excuse was that Bargnani was being played out of position, but that doesn't make sense since there was no real center for the Raptors this season. The other frontcourt players almost always took the best offensive big man and even in the zone, Bargnani wasn't in the middle. He was center in name only this season. Now it's that Bargnani would do better somewhere else.

Sorry, I don't buy it. At some point you have to start realizing he is what he is. It's what he was when he came into the league and he's now a better version of it, but that's still what he is. The Raptors gave him far more opportunities than he would have found anywhere else in the league. He could have easily gone the way of Darko, stapled to a bench somewhere, because of his lack of defense and rebounding.

As for Belinelli, I really felt he might be able to fit in somewhere. Unlike Bargnani, he has an all around game that doesn't really have any fatal flaws. He is a decent defender and a good shooter and playmaker. His biggest problem is his decision making, which is less a problem in New Orleans because he doesn't have the ball in his hands nearly as much. And Belinelli has always done better with consistent minutes and while starting. I'm pretty sure he would have done as well in Toronto if he'd been given the starting position.

To me, at some point you have to wonder whether Bargnani is really worth all this trouble. He's a good scorer, but he's not elite. He does create mismatch opportunities, but he's such a poor defender that he can be exploited on the other end. And he's below average in every single aspect of the game other than scoring. And he's really not very efficient at that. \

I've been called a hater by some of the more ignorant fans out there who simply don't understand where I'm coming from. I'm a Raptor fan, not a fan of individual players. What is more important is not what is best for the player but what is best for the team. What is best for Bargnani is not necessarily what is best for the Raptors.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X