No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bargs in the strongest n best player in the nba. Leave him alone!
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
      then trade for Gallinari and change the team's name to italian stallions.
      Then we bring back Bellinelli and have pasta Fridays at the ACC! Residents of Woodbridge get 50% off!!!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Sorry, but I don't mean disrespect. Messina quit Real Madrid because his team stopped playing hard. Does he really have the patience with the likes of Andrea? Really?
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Let's move this over to the ginormous everything Bargnani fan thread already. Did we hit 3,500 posts yet?
          Last edited by Balls of Steel; Tue Apr 26, 2011, 05:58 PM. Reason: Wrong numbers

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            It's funny how the randomest posts can be the most informative
            I do it because I know most people know they are the shit. SWAG
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Expecations Expectations and more Expecations

There have been ever wavering opinions on Andrea’s expectations, the teams expectations, and expectations relative to other players on the team and even Andrea’s expectations from previous seasons.

Here a brief objective outline from end of 2010 when bosh left up until present. For Bargnani critics would you care to explain how Bargnani has failed to meet expectations taken into account the circumstances, the talent level, the expectations of the team and more importantly his performance.

Team Circumstances Summer leading to Pre Season:
              The franchise player left.
              No significant offensive or defensive players were brought in from the previous year
              This was a rebuilding year and a chance to give young players significant chance to develop
              Many experts including lots on this site even accurately predicted a LOSING season claiming 20-25 wins.

Andrea’s Expectations leading into season

Offense

Try helping overcome offensive void left by Christopher Bosh Surpassed Expectation
              Rely less on three points shooting Above Expectation
              Improve post scoring Met Expectation
              Make teammates better Met Expectation
              Become primary scorer Above Expectation

Defense
              Become a better man to man defender Met Expectation
              Become a better Rebounder below Expectation
              Become a Better help defender Below Expectation
              Show more desire and focus on the defensive end Below Expectation

During Season
              Strong individual performances include
              41 point game against Knicks
              38 point game against heat
              35 point game in triple OT thriller against nets
              Great Accomplishment
              Scored 20+ in 60% of his games

Team Accomplishments
              Growth and Development of young players Demar, Ed and company
              Big victories against teams such as Orlando, Boston and OKC

Outcome
              Missed Playoffs
              22 Wins
              One of the worst defensive teams in the league
              Experts and critics on this site were bang on. Expectations were so low and Raptors as expected missed the playoffs and lost almost 75% of their games. Some major bargnani critics even brag about how they were so close to prediciting Toronto’s record.
              Which begs the question? If team expectations were SO LOW…
              Will the Bargnani critics care to explain why expectations of Bargnani were SO HIGH THIS SEASON?
              WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE OUR DEFENSIVE ANCOR?
              WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE A TOP 10 SCORER?
              WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE ALL AROUND GOOD LIKE DWIGHT HOWARD?
              OR JUST REGGIE EVANS GOOD?
              OR A MONTA ELLIS SCORING AND JUST BOOZER REBOUNDING GOOD?

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                Defense
                Become a better man to man defender Met Expectation
                Become a better Rebounder below Expectation
                Become a Better help defender Below Expectation
                Show more desire and focus on the defensive end Below Expectation

Will the Bargnani critics care to explain why expectations of Bargnani were SO HIGH THIS SEASON?
                I think expectations were high for two reasons

1st) Posters on this site, specifically Multipaul constantly shouted from the mountains how GOOD bargs was going to be once he was freed from the chains of Chris Bosh. I expected him to do better because a lot of people here on this site said he would, with A LOT of conviction.

2nd) Without a "franchise player" Barg's became the defacto franchise player and thus he was expected to "up" his game.

In closing, I highlighted areas of his game which we both agree he under-achieved. Some of us feel like those areas where he underachieved are VERY important and he can't/won't improve on them in the future than he is not an invaluable piece.
                Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Apr 26, 2011, 06:55 PM.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• bargnani is gone, demar is in the bulidin!

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    I think expectations were high for two reasons

1st) Posters on this site, specifically Multipaul constantly shouted from the mountains how GOOD bargs was going to be once he was freed from the chains of Chris Bosh. I expected him to do better because a lot of people here on this site said he would, with A LOT of conviction.

2nd) Without a "franchise player" Barg's became the defacto franchise player and thus he was expected to "up" his game.

In closing, I highlighted areas of his game which we both agree he under-achieved. Some of us feel like those areas where he underachieved are VERY important and he can't/won't improve on them in the future than he is not an invaluable piece.
                    you fail to answer any important question. multipaul as I admire Bargnani's game and its not common place to hope that a player you like performs amazing. Doesn't mean we hold a gun to his head and issue an ultimatum ,, score 25 grab 14 boards or else..

why were YOUR expecations of Andrea so high, if the team expecations were so low. Don't just base expecations on other people's wishful thinking.

Comment

• Bargnani? GET THAT GARBAGE OUTAA HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        bargnani is gone, demar is in the bulidin!

bargnani + demar

gasol + kobe 2.0

Comment

you fail to answer any important question. multipaul as I admire Bargnani's game and its not common place to hope that a player you like performs amazing. Doesn't mean we hold a gun to his head and issue an ultimatum ,, score 25 grab 14 boards or else..

why were YOUR expecations of Andrea so high, if the team expecations were so low. Don't just base expecations on other people's wishful thinking.
                          bargnani will be better off in europe. The NBA is not the place for jumpshooting 7 footers who can't defend a toddler moving in slow motion.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            bargnani will be better off in europe. The NBA is not the place for jumpshooting 7 footers who can't defend a toddler moving in slow motion.
                            your not answering any of my quesions i posted in the original thread,, right now your just trolling

Comment

bargnani + demar

gasol + kobe 2.0
                              i wish... demar is more of a VC 2.0 cept he doesn't do 360 dunks.

Comment

your not answering any of my quesions i posted in the original thread,, right now your just trolling
                                yup just like what you do

Comment

Working...
                                X