Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    well, it wasnt the FGA that was mentioned, it was the FTA. Bosh has more chances of playing the inside and getting fouled because Wade and James are covering the perimeter. Technically, he should be playing the inside a lot more because now with Miami, they are supposed to be using him as a post player. We all know Bargnani is more of a perimeter player than an inside player so you cant really compare the two based on shot selection or shot attempts.
    My point, though, is that it's not how many free throws a player takes. It's how many free throws per field goal attempt that gives you an indication of his aggressiveness. Bosh has always been over 40% and Bargnani has always been under 30%. Bosh took 5 fewer shots per game than he did last season. You think he's going to take the same number of free throws? How does that make any sense?

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Well, thats you. I personally despise him. We dont all have to have the same feelings towards everybody, right? I really dont have to pretend that i know what he was thinking, he pretty much says it everytime he gets interviewed. Its pretty much putting two and two together. I guess its just up to the person how to interpret it. I personally thought he never intended to re-sign with Toronto. That was he was thinking, and all the stuff that him, wade and lbj have been saying since the season started pretty much supports this. if you dont want to assume that this was what he was thinking, then thats you. I dont feel ridiculous to say that i know he really didnt intend to sign with Toronto, otherwise, he'd be in a raps uniform right now, dont you think?

i dont dispute the fact that he gave his best for the raptors during his time here, and pretty much everybody knows the raps didnt get enough talent with him to get this team somewhere. what im saying is he wont have the same recognitions he got if another superstar was on this team with him, as evident with his current performance with his current team.
    I just don't understand hating a player you have never had personal contact with. Especially one who seems to be a fairly decent person. You want to hate that football player who raised fighting dogs, I can understand that. Otherwise, it just seems like a waste of energy.

As for what accolades he's getting in Miami, well, even behind Wade and LeBron, he's still getting more attention than he did in Toronto, and he might very well get a ring, too. Players are made in the post season. And up until this year, Bosh has never been on a team that did anything in the post season. I think he's happy with the decision he made.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      My point, though, is that it's not how many free throws a player takes. It's how many free throws per field goal attempt that gives you an indication of his aggressiveness. Bosh has always been over 40% and Bargnani has always been under 30%. Bosh took 5 fewer shots per game than he did last season. You think he's going to take the same number of free throws? How does that make any sense?
      Well, this is what i was trying to say. Bosh has been more aggressive and now with his role in Miami, he's called on to be more aggressive since he's playing the inside. I dont think its an accolade to average 6.1 FTA just because youre a third fiddle. Thats what i was trying to dispute. I was saying him being a third fiddle doesnt exempt him from going to the line a lot more. He doesnt, but doesnt mean that was what was expected of him.

I just don't understand hating a player you have never had personal contact with. Especially one who seems to be a fairly decent person. You want to hate that football player who raised fighting dogs, I can understand that. Otherwise, it just seems like a waste of energy.
      Well, i think youve had more posts criticizing Bargnani than I have of Bosh. Eventhough you say you dont hate Bargnani, youve wasted energy criticizing him time and time again. If you justify your posts, i can justify my hate, dont you think?

As for what accolades he's getting in Miami, well, even behind Wade and LeBron, he's still getting more attention than he did in Toronto, and he might very well get a ring, too. Players are made in the post season. And up until this year, Bosh has never been on a team that did anything in the post season. I think he's happy with the decision he made.
      Again, im not criticizing his decision. Im criticizing the way that led him to that decision, and how it impacted the Raptors.

Comment

• lol how ironic is this , bosh's failure amuses me
        ya dun noe

Comment

There’s no fallacy here. You mentioned FTs, and I commented on FTs. And what has that to do with playing behind 2 superstars? Isnt Bosh considered a superstar as well? Doesn’t matter if youre the #1 or #20 option, what matters is the game you play. He is a 6’11” player who, at the start of the season, admittedly said he has to adjust his game to play the low block since Wade and LBJ are perimeter players. He voluntarily said he needs to rebound more and block shots more. By this statement can I safely assume that he will be playing the low block more often than before? IMO, yes. And IMO, if you play the low block more, you get hammered more, therefore getting more fouls on you and going to the line a lot more. It doesn’t concern whether you’re the 1st or last option, it’s the way you play on the court that dictates whether you get FTs or not. Bargnani is a 7 footer but he doesn’t play in the inside. And he never said im going to play more on the inside, well at least I didn’t hear of him saying that. Ive seen numerous Raptors games and Bargnani likes playing outside. So I don’t expect him to attempt as many FTs. I want him to, but its not how he plays.

I guess you just picked the categories that would support your argument. Bosh is averaging less pts, less rebs, less asts, less blocks, less FTA than last year, considering this year he played 10 more minutes per game and 7 more games compared to last year. James’ scoring is only 3 pts less despite having 2 less shots and 2 less FTs, while his other numbers are pretty much the same. Wade’s numbers are pretty much the same as last year. With the Celtics, all three played significantly less minutes than the previous year so definitely their numbers will be down. And they had a 4th guy in Rondo who was averaging 13pts/9asts/5reb a game, basically sharing the load with them. Does Miami have a 4th guy? Besides, why would you bring up the Celtics? I don’t recall you mentioning the Celtics in our initial discussion. Just stick to the original premise of this discussion.
          Im not saying Bosh is not good, he is, just as not what everybody initially thought.

I guess you haven’t read what Mr Grinch said about bargnani being the best center over every other center in the NBA except Howard. Now that is inane. But me saying Bosh is a role player beside Wade and Bosh is not. Its pretty clear if you have been watching Miami games. Its pretty evident that in the majority of games, Wade and James are the focal points of the offense. Bosh usually gets a touch after the two have gotten theirs. And again, he clearly said it way before the season started, he has given himself a role to fill, he needs to rebound, block shots and play interior D.

I didn’t say he sucks. I just said he cant carry a team, period. Wade and Lebron clearly can. And I didn’t say Bosh was a top 5 player, and I didn’t mention his name with Kobe, you did. In fact, I even said Bosh is nowhere near Kobe, LBJ or Wade because unlike them, he cant dominate games when paired with a superstar. You said franchise players cant carry their teams alone, but rather with the help of other superstars and I agreed with that.

I didn’t say don’t spend money to acquire talent or keep talent, what I said was Bosh is not worth the 15mil if he’s going to give you 18-8. If the Raptors acquired James for 15mil, and Wade 15 mil, heck id pay Bosh 15mil. But if I pay Bosh 15mil without James and Wade, yeah he’ll rack up 20-10 but will that get us anywhere? No, as we’ve seen in the past. Do you really think Riley would’ve paid Bosh 15mil and 20mil for the next couple of years if he knew Bosh was gonna give him 18-8 a night? I don’t know if you’ve been following the news but Bosh was highly criticized for not living up to the expectations. Even him admittedly said he was having trouble finding his game behind Wade and James. Its understandable if youre paying 3 guys at parity to each other and they deliver what is expected, but if youre going to pay a guy max for 18-8, then that’s a bit iffy to me. And youre right, it wont matter if the Raps sign bosh to 16, 14 or 18 mil, if they can get Wade and LBJ to agree to the same terms then that’s great. But unfortunately, with the Raps, signing Bosh to that amount won’t convince the other 2 to come here.

Morgan Freeman has won an Golden Globe and a SAG award and an Academy Award nomination. And made millions by making movies box office hits, alongside elite actors like Kevin Costner and jack Nicholson. He is entitled to date all the grand daughters out there. Bosh cant even make the All NBA third team playing with Wade and James. Manu made the 3nd team playing alongside Duncan and Parker. Al horford made the 3rd team playing alongside JJ, Jsmoove and Jamal. Why didn’t Bosh? I really didn’t have to read Bosh’s mind, the evidence pretty much indicts the three of them. Him not signing the extension, Miami clearing cap, James and Wade now saying they decided to join forces because of Boston. These are things that don’t influence you decision overnight. I despise Bosh, not for leaving the Raptors, but by stringing BC along and whole Raps management by not giving them a clear indication that he had no intent of signing with the Raps. BC clearly said that Bosh had told him that he was still favoring Toronto towards the trade deadline, and he received no indication from Bosh that he was not going to re-sign. If he did it the way Anthony left the nuggets, I wont be saying anything bad about him, but bottomline is, no matter how good Bosh was for the Raps, he was a douche the way he left the Raptors hanging.
          I'm getting the sense that the way you process information is a bit different from the way I do it, but let's try again:

1. The fallacy was where you shrugged off doing something that few other PFs are doing better as being "expected" of a "role player". Shooting a good percentage is expected; being in the Top 5 PFs despite limited touches is not. If you can't understand the link between touches and FTAs, I can't really help you. And now you're saying he should be treated as a superstar so his FTAs are not impressive, despite saying for so long that he's nothing more than a role player, even before he joined the Heat. You should really decide on a singular point to back.

2. "[...] considering this year he played 10 more minutes per game and 7 more games compared to last year [...]"

Huh? You really should get that head checked. How did Bosh play 10 more minutes per game this season? And how does playing 7 more games affect per game stats? You're right though that there are plenty more stats to look at, but to say I only picked the advantageous ones is ridiculous. I didn't mention LBJ's fewer assists or fewer blocks either, nor Wade's fewer assists or fewer steals either. The point was that all three of them took steps back statistically because there's only so many touches to go around. That also applies to rebounds btw. As for per minute stats, if you want to go calculate them all out, go with God. It's already apparent without doing so that Bosh's 11 more seconds per game, LBJ's 13 fewer seconds per game, and Wade's 49 MORE seconds per game isn't going to make what I said false.

3. No, I didn't read it, and no it isn't inane, just outright too ridiculous to even bother responding to.

4. You're missing the part that even Wade couldn't carry his team alone. 3 first round exits and a 15 win season. Sure, the 15-win season he only played 51 games, but 15 wins is still pretty bad for 51 games. As I said before, only LBJ was able to carry his team alone.

5. And not signing him won't convince anyone else not named Wade and James. You're missing the point that "overpaying" for good players is sometimes necessary, and far better than overpaying for mediocre talent. The even bigger point you're missing is that it's not overpaying when it's what the market will bear.

6. "[...] made millions by making movies box office hits [...] He is entitled to date all the grand daughters out there."

So basically, it's not really Bosh's character that you hate him for, but because he's not good enough to be a bad person (e.g. committing incest) without consequences, but also too good for you to not care if he had decided to come back. Am I getting it right? Because if you really didn't care for him coming back, then your anger is misplaced and you should be angry at BC for trying to re-sign him.

"Bosh cant even make the All NBA third team playing with Wade and James. Manu made the 3nd team playing alongside Duncan and Parker. Al horford made the 3rd team playing alongside JJ, Jsmoove and Jamal. Why didn’t Bosh? "

Not really sure how the examples you cited are relevant, but since you brought it up, why didn't Duncan make the 3rd team playing alongside Ginobili and Parker? Why didn't Parker? Why didn't Josh Smith? Why didn't Joe Johnson? Why didn't Jamal... wait, no. It should be quite obviously that LBJ and Wade shone that much brighter than Bosh, which is what I've been saying all along. Put Ginobili or Horford on Miami instead of Bosh and they might not make an All-NBA team either.

"Him not signing the extension"

Is what happens whenever someone keeps their options open. Signing an extension would defeat the purpose of keeping options open, no?

"Miami clearing cap"

So did Chicago, New York and New Jersey, in hopes of luring LBJ, Wade or Bosh. So what?

"James and Wade now saying they decided to join forces because of Boston. These are things that don’t influence you decision overnight"

Again, I don't think in such paranoid fashion, so I don't really how them giving a reason means they had decided long ago. In fact, I wonder if you've ever had multiple job offers. If you did, you'd know the meaning of keeping your options open. Doesn't have to mean you value each offer exactly the same; you're fully entitled to not respond to the offer you least like until you can secure the one you want, just as BC was entitled to drop out of the race by trading Bosh. Doing anything else is silly. But please, the day that you are no longer 100% sure about staying at your job, please quit it immediately to give your employer more than the necessary two week notice. And when you're applying for multiple jobs, please inform all but the one you want the most that you're withdrawing your candidacy. Do that before you've signed the final employment contract or you're a giant hypocrite.

"BC clearly said that Bosh had told him that he was still favoring Toronto towards the trade deadline, and he received no indication from Bosh that he was not going to re-sign. If he did it the way Anthony left the nuggets, I wont be saying anything bad about him"

Obviously you and I are reading/interpreting events differently. As I recall, before the season even began, Bosh already made it clear that he wanted to go the free agent route, but that he'd consider all possible options, including Toronto. It should have been clear that nothing was certain, but if you're surprised that's kind of your own fault. Even if he indicated Toronto was his frontrunner, he's entitled to change his mind after weighing the packages. I feel like you are making BC out to be less intelligent than he really is. Even if Bosh had told BC Toronto was still his 1st choice, BC is smart enough to know that unless an extension is signed, nothing is certain. Anthony also mentioned the possibility of returning to Denver (true or not), but the difference there is Masai didn't care to risk it and pursued trade options full throttle.

But yes, Bosh was a douche for not telling Toronto to trade him when Toronto was the hottest or one of the hottest teams before the trade deadline, and a douche for letting our fall out of playoff contention affect his decision to return. A douche, royally.
          Last edited by Quixotic; Fri May 13, 2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            But what if he had expressed the mushy middle to BC in the time leading up to free agency and the two shook on the proposition that if he chose option #1 he would work with the team to get something resembling a "fair" return (in a s&t). I remember BC expressly mentioning this in an interview during the season.

Now, one can lay the blame down on BC for believing some basketball serf on an undertaking such as that... but if this really occurred then fans of this team have a right to feel they've been had. There is something to be said about one's word and the bond thing even in business. I am maybe a naive subscriber to that mo and it seems from watching BC's dealings with players (Peja is one example) he does too. And why he was as pissed as he was post departure of Bosh. No question he was had...by Bosh, his agent or both... and alongwith Riley possibly.
            The question is did he? My point is that anything said after it had happened should be considered with a grain of salt as covering one's ass. Even anything said during the season is often political. I refuse to waste time considering speculation as the truth. I would only be angry if he had said, "I am returning to Toronto, but don't want to sign an extension because I've never felt the feeling of free agency before and would really like to try it out." But I'd be angry at BC, not Bosh, because that's just silly. As for trying to work with the team to get something "fair" in return, I don't think you can give that any more weight than "I won't just sign with them outright." When someone says they'll try, it doesn't mean they'll hold their future employer at gunpoint or decline their employment.

I don't have a problem with fans not liking him leaving, or not liking what happened (I don't like what happened), but what I do have a problem with is people acting like high schoolers with he said, she said and treating speculation and guesswork as truth. I do agree that reputation means a lot to BC as evident by the way he treats players (i.e. Peja, as you said), and though I like BC as a GM, I'm not going to be naive in thinking that nothing BC says is political or for the purpose of covering his ass/smoothing things over with the fanbase.

Comment

I guess some of us resort to juvenile bantering when unable to support their arguments.
              You are completely oblivious to sarcasm, methinks.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
                You are completely oblivious to sarcasm, methinks.
                That was damn funny!!!! Better?

Comment

Well, i think youve had more posts criticizing Bargnani than I have of Bosh. Eventhough you say you dont hate Bargnani, youve wasted energy criticizing him time and time again. If you justify your posts, i can justify my hate, dont you think?
                  Bargnani is actually on the team. Bosh isn't. And I don't have any personal feelings towards Bargnani. He seems like a decent guy. I spend a lot of posts on him because I want to convince people of my argument, and I feel strongly about it. Once he's off the team, I would be shocked if I spend another minute discussing him. Unless he's traded to the Spurs, of course (my second favourite team). If he's traded to the Hornets and then they are moved to Vancouver, I may give up watching basketball.

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  Again, im not criticizing his decision. Im criticizing the way that led him to that decision, and how it impacted the Raptors.
                  I understand criticizing the way he handled it. I agree he didn't handle it well. It doesn't make me hate him though.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bargnani is actually on the team. Bosh isn't. And I don't have any personal feelings towards Bargnani. He seems like a decent guy. I spend a lot of posts on him because I want to convince people of my argument, and I feel strongly about it. Once he's off the team, I would be shocked if I spend another minute discussing him. Unless he's traded to the Spurs, of course (my second favourite team). If he's traded to the Hornets and then they are moved to Vancouver, I may give up watching basketball.

I understand criticizing the way he handled it. I agree he didn't handle it well. It doesn't make me hate him though.
                    Just because you said it, I kind of want Bargnani to be traded to the Hornets, and then have them moved to Vancouver. Just for the shock value. Bargnani and Kleiza for Okafor, done!

Your starting 2012-2013 Vancouver Hornets...

PG Jarret Jack...

SG Marco Belinelli...

SF Trevor Ariza... ...

PF Linas Kleiza...

and at C, Andrea Bargnani....

Eat your heart out!
                    Last edited by Quixotic; Fri May 13, 2011, 10:20 PM. Reason: Added lineup

Comment

The question is did he?
                      The odds are he did. Since BC spoke about their understanding during the season I dont remember where either Bosh or his agent denied it. BC was especially strong on the point because he was being grilled about Bosh just walking. These were not statements /occurrences after the fact.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        The odds are he did. Since BC spoke about their understanding during the season I dont remember where either Bosh or his agent denied it. BC was especially strong on the point because he was being grilled about Bosh just walking. These were not statements /occurrences after the fact.
                        At the same time, if Bosh denied saying it, then it becomes he said/she said. The court of popular opinion hardly has high standards for determining the truth.

Comment

My argument is he caused the Raps' last season so IMO, he deserves the right to be hated. Whether he is still with this team or not, IMO, he contributed to the Raps 22 win season. Next year, i wont hate him anymore. I promise, hehehe.

Finally, something we have in common! The Spurs is one of my favorite teams. I gave that team a championship in 2k11.
                          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Sat May 14, 2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Just because you said it, I kind of want Bargnani to be traded to the Hornets, and then have them moved to Vancouver. Just for the shock value. Bargnani and Kleiza for Okafor, done!

Your starting 2012-2013 Vancouver Hornets...

PG Jarret Jack...

SG Marco Belinelli...

SF Trevor Ariza... ...

PF Linas Kleiza...

and at C, Andrea Bargnani....

Eat your heart out!
                            You're going to hell for that. You know that, right?
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You're going to hell for that. You know that, right?
                              Yes, there's a special place in hell reserved for me, I know, but it's just so worth it! =P

Comment

My argument is he caused the Raps' last season so IMO, he deserves the right to be hated. Whether he is still with this team or not, IMO, he contributed to the Raps 22 win season. Next year, i wont hate him anymore. I promise, hehehe.

Finally, something we have in common! The Spurs is one of my favorite teams. I gave that team a championship in 2k11.
                                What did Bosh cause last season? I don't understand.

As for the Spurs, I'd rather not talk about them at this time, thanks. I will in time. But not now.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X