Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    LOL, even when he takes a 3 pointer from the arc as a C, he is still far from the first one back.
    funny and kind of sad but also true

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
      Bargnani is no doubt flawed, but he is the least flawed at C, there's no point anymore trying to build a whole team around/compensate him. It's just not worth it, IMO.
      The anti-Bargnani's "main argument" is really tiresome.

Colangelo rewarding Bargnani with a $10 million a year contract is a very strong indicator that both parties did not believe Bargnani was or will become a franchise player.

And surprise, surprise, he is not.

Comment

• No one said he was a franchise player. Can you please quote me on any of my previous posts where I even used the word franchise.

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
          No one said he was a franchise player. Can you please quote me on any of my previous posts where I even used the word franchise.
          Why did you mention the concept of building a team around Bargnani if you were not comparing him to a franchise player?

Yes, trying to build around Bargnani would be a huge mistake but not because of Bargnani's real and perceived flaws but rather because someone believes Bargnani is a franchise player.

I wish I would never hear the "build around Bargnani" concept again because it sets a standard he cannot meet.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            The anti-Bargnani's "main argument" is really tiresome.

Colangelo rewarding Bargnani with a $10 million a year contract is a very strong indicator that both parties did not believe Bargnani was or will become a franchise player.

And surprise, surprise, he is not.
            If this were the main argument, I'd agree. It's not, though. The main argument is that he simply is too bad a defender and rebounder to be able to help a team win. Whether he's the 1st, 2nd, or 7th option. And unfortunately, even if he's not the franchise player, you have to build around him in order to get specific types of players that will attempt to hide his deficiencies.

Unfortunately the big problem with Bargnani is he doesn't help your team win, not that he's not a franchise player.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              If this were the main argument, I'd agree. It's not, though. The main argument is that he simply is too bad a defender and rebounder to be able to help a team win. Whether he's the 1st, 2nd, or 7th option. And unfortunately, even if he's not the franchise player, you have to build around him in order to get specific types of players that will attempt to hide his deficiencies.

Unfortunately the big problem with Bargnani is he doesn't help your team win, not that he's not a franchise player.
              He doesn't have a drive, he just expects us to win. We need a guy who can take the team on his shoulders. Derozan comes to mind but he hasn't shown it YET. If bargnani is gone i'll expect derozan to step up and be a successful leader on the court (maybe not off the court cause he's kinda quiet, but who knows). And also Bayless because he has a passion to win you can see that he's itching to make it to the playoffs and prove something.

Comment

That's the same "you need to build around Bargnani (even if he's not a franchise player)" argument that I simply don't buy. We're expecting Colangelo to pick the best player available, no? Not the player that is the best fit beside Bargnani.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                  That's the same "you need to build around Bargnani (even if he's not a franchise player)" argument that I simply don't buy. We're expecting Colangelo to pick the best player available, no? Not the player that is the best fit beside Bargnani.
                  I assume Bargnani is gone this summer. It seems that the franchise is done with him. And it's about time.

And the problem with Bargnani is that if you want him as a regular player on your team, you have to either coincidentally have players that make up for his liabilities, or get ones that do. And he's simply not good enough to go to the trouble of doing that.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I assume Bargnani is gone this summer. It seems that the franchise is done with him. And it's about time.
                    I assume he will be back in a Raptors uniform this October and that he will start alongside Ed Davis or Amir Johnson.

We shall see.

Comment

And the problem with Bargnani is that if you want him as a regular player on your team, you have to either coincidentally have players that make up for his liabilities, or get ones that do. And he's simply not good enough to go to the trouble of doing that.
                      Im not being sarcastic Tim, this is a legit question, what made you assume that the Raps are done with Bargnani? Coz the signs that ive seen so far is that Colangelo came out and said they will entertain the idea of putting Bargnani on the 4 spot and possibly get a defensive center to play alongside him. I havent read any rumors coming up that the Raps are entertaining any offers for him. I dont know if the players' comments should be taken seriously, i mean they should, but for the Raps to trade Bargnani just because of comments is a bit over the top.

I really do want to know if there were rumors out there that they are trading Bargnani, so i cant rest a bit easier at night, hehehe.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Im not being sarcastic Tim, this is a legit question, what made you assume that the Raps are done with Bargnani? Coz the signs that ive seen so far is that Colangelo came out and said they will entertain the idea of putting Bargnani on the 4 spot and possibly get a defensive center to play alongside him. I havent read any rumors coming up that the Raps are entertaining any offers for him. I dont know if the players' comments should be taken seriously, i mean they should, but for the Raps to trade Bargnani just because of comments is a bit over the top.

I really do want to know if there were rumors out there that they are trading Bargnani, so i cant rest a bit easier at night, hehehe.
                        I'm writing a post on my blog about this very subject. I'll probably post it next week when some of the draft talk has died down a little.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Which teams would even entertain the thought of trading for bargnani?
                          What do other people around the league see him as?
                          Ive only seen jamal crawford play twice, and both those times he completely lit us up. So in my mind from what I know jamal crawford is an unbelievable 6th man that the raptors should've picked up before the hawks. Do fans in say new york see bargnani in the same light?
                          And, last question: If a GM comes on these forums and reads this entire thread, do you think it would be possible to trade AB? Seriously delete this thread man! We'll never get rid of him this way D:
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Which teams would even entertain the thought of trading for bargnani?
                            Ive only seen jamal crawford play twice, and both those times he completely lit us up. So in my mind from what I know jamal crawford is an unbelievable 6th man that the raptors should've picked up before the hawks. Do fans in say new york see bargnani in the same light?
                            And, last question: If a GM comes on these forums and reads this entire thread, do you think it would be possible to trade AB? Seriously delete this thread man! We'll never get rid of him this way D:
                            I don't like Jamal Crawford in the least. He's fine as a 3rd guard off the bench, but his defense will always be a liability eventually.

As for which team would trade for Bargnani, I'd take a look at all the teams under .500 and I'm guessing at least a few of them would want to take a chance on Bargnani. I don't see any good teams wanting him, except for maybe Orlando, but after the lack of success they've had focusing on offense, I doubt it. Good teams demand more defense from their big men, and that's not something Bargnani can do.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Which teams would even entertain the thought of trading for bargnani?
                              I think he would fit good with the Cavs.
                              If they pass on Kanter, he might be a good target for them.
                              They already have 2 hard nosed rebounders and defender in Hickson and Varejao, they can use Bargnani to spread the floor and allow those two to work inside. If they also get Irving who ive heard is a slasher, he can drive and kick to Bargnani on the perimeter.
                              Not sure who would be worth getting from the Cavs, can we still acquire their TPE? Will that work?

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                                I think he would fit good with the Cavs.
                                If they pass on Kanter, he might be a good target for them.
                                They already have 2 hard nosed rebounders and defender in Hickson and Varejao, they can use Bargnani to spread the floor and allow those two to work inside. If they also get Irving who ive heard is a slasher, he can drive and kick to Bargnani on the perimeter.
                                Not sure who would be worth getting from the Cavs, can we still acquire their TPE? Will that work?
                                Yes, they can use their TPE. I don't know if the Cavs would be interested, but you never know. It's certainly worth trying. I think it would be better to bring in a third team who would want the TPE more. It doesn't really help the Raptors much.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X