No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bargnani remains a Raptor come training camp, I will be shocked. Shocked.

Comment

• Yeah he pretty much signed his own death warrant. Its going to be weird not having him and Calderon around.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        If Bargnani remains a Raptor come training camp, I will be shocked. Shocked.
        So will i...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Yeah he pretty much signed his own death warrant. Its going to be weird not having him and Calderon around.
          very weird...
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue May 24, 2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: the race jokes are getting old

Comment

• What have i done
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• A lot of this apppears to be over reaction, and pictures are unflaterring to most of us...however...it seems to be playing out a lot more like Turk than Bosh. Fans upset. Gm voices displeasure/ in Turks case fine. Player responds in off season sounding disgruntled. The Star sends out Feschuk to protect Smith. You know how that ended... it feels like everyone is sticking to the script and hoping that the other plays their part. Bargnani is happy he gets traded. Fans are happy the "ingrate" is gone. The Star gets their story. Coangelo looks like he was on the side of the angels all along...
              Last edited by meductic; Tue May 24, 2011, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
                A lot of this apppears to be over reaction, and pictures are unflaterring to most of us...however...it seems to be playing out a lot more like Turk than Bosh. Fans upset. Gm voices displeasure/ in Turks case fine. Player responds in off season sounding disgruntled. The Star sends out Feschuk to protect Smith. You know how that ended... it feels like everyone is sticking to the script and hoping that the other plays their part. Bargnani is happy he gets traded. Fans are happy the "ingrate" is gone. The Star gets their story. Coangelo looks like he was on the side of the angels all along...
                Great analysis. Funny how that works, eh?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  what have i done
                  hahahaha

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    If Bargnani remains a Raptor come training camp, I will be shocked. Shocked.
                    .... and disappointed, like many.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      .... and disappointed, like many.
                      I don't disagree, however, its unfortunate it has come to this ... this is like the perfect marriage that takes a nose dive FAST. It's going to start to get ugly from here. Like Lebron James UGLY.

Comment

• I know everyone seems to be upset at Bargnani for his comments, if indeed these were the exact words that he said, but what i find really bothering is given the playing time, opportunities, considered as the franchise player, he's still saying these things. i mean if i was given all that, screw all the fans and haters, ill stick to my hefty contract and continue padding my stats. but it seems its beyond that. mind you, he is already the 5th (if im counting it right) core player who has shown frustration with Toronto. After this guy gets traded, i think management has to take a loooong hard look at how this team is being run.

i think everybody needs to look at the big picture here and the age old question, why cant the Raptors hold in to anybody??

Comment

• Maybe we are thinking he is being prima donna when he is actually being realistic of his abilities.

I wonder if his questioning of role was along these lines:

I'm not a true C and there has never been a big banger with me to play PF or C,
                          I'm not a franchise player yet I advertised as one, and
                          I'm not paid like Kobe, LeBron and the crew, so quit expecting me to be like those guys.

In those cases, he has a point and it is fun devil's advocate.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
                            A lot of this apppears to be over reaction, and pictures are unflaterring to most of us...however...it seems to be playing out a lot more like Turk than Bosh. Fans upset. Gm voices displeasure/ in Turks case fine. Player responds in off season sounding disgruntled. The Star sends out Feschuk to protect Smith. You know how that ended... it feels like everyone is sticking to the script and hoping that the other plays their part. Bargnani is happy he gets traded. Fans are happy the "ingrate" is gone. The Star gets their story. Coangelo looks like he was on the side of the angels all along...
                            And the funny thing is, it took Colangelo 5 years to voice his displeasure with Bargnani. Im not siding with Bargnani, but they shouldve nipped this problem in the bud a looooong time ago. Bargnani has already been with the Raptors for 5 years, i dont think his defense or rebounding ever declined, its been bad since the beginning, and only after 5 years colangelo says something publicly about it, right about when his contract is about to expire, he gets on the fans good side.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Maybe we are thinking he is being prima donna when he is actually being realistic of his abilities.

I wonder if his questioning of role was along these lines:

I'm not a true C and there has never been a big banger with me to play PF or C,
                              I'm not a franchise player yet I advertised as one, and
                              I'm not paid like Kobe, LeBron and the crew, so quit expecting me to be like those guys.

In those cases, he has a point and it is fun devil's advocate.
                              totally agree. we all know the obvious, but why is bargani being thrown under the bus only now? if he really sucked this bad, why did the raptors make him a franchise player? why is everybody getting on his case like he's a franchise player? he's not.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                                i think everybody needs to look at the big picture here and the age old question, why cant the Raptors hold in to anybody??
                                Same reason 25 other teams out there have a high turnover rate with decent/good players?
                                Besides Bosh leaving for Miami the way he did; Stoudamire left because of Butch Carter. Camby was traded and never wanted to leave. McGrady left because of Vince Carter. Vince Carter left because of Babcock. And then Bosh. Who else? Turk? Pfft, we traded him because he sucked.

But that was different management altogether back then. I don't think management is the issue. I think Coaching is a slight issue, which is possibly where Bargnani's 'frustration' lies. Though, not sure what he has to be frustrated about.

Bargnani was being 'shopped' long before he "stated" his desire to leave. It's all hear-say at this point anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X